Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Is it me or my juice? O_o

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by wOoTS uP, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Bralon

Bralon New Member

Orph, Normally I purchase my juice from Oz suppliers but in my quest to find juices with "consistent" and strong flavours I thought I'd try a vendor from U.S. who enjoys a top reputation from other users on here.
    I bought 15ml samples of each of his most popular flavours. Currently of those I'm vaping:
    Betelgeuse
    Gravity
    Grap3
    The above are all fruit flavours
    The Virus .. a tobacco flavour.
    The Betelgeuse and Grap3 are in Kayfuns on Vamos and the Gravity and The Virus are in mini protanks on spinners.

2. leapfrog44

leapfrog44 New Member

For me it's always been the flavours that I love with vaping, so the 'flavour chasing' at the start kept me entirely focused on vaping and made it completely easy to forget about smoking.

These days I'm more after simplicity and ease of use with vaping so I'm more content to stick with mostly unflavoured. The intensity and obsession I felt about vaping eased off when I stopped focusing on flavours...which is a good thing. :)

3. dizzctopa4465

dizzctopa4465 New Member

Orph, Last night my .comghter bought a friend of hers to see me. The reason my .comghter bought her around was to look at some of my gear and to have a chat with me about vaping. As it turns out this lass had tried vaping last year but had given it away be.comse, in her words:
    1. It only partly quelled her desire to smoke and she still suffered cravings.
    2. She claimed the flavours were not satisfying.
    Turns out she had bought her "gear" ( ego )from a stall at a market (and paid too much) but was given little assistance as to how to use it.
    In regards to the cravings, that was easily answered by the lack of nicotine. As to the flavour issue, I changed drip tips on the spinner/mini pt with Gravity in it, and gave it to her to try and I noticed she vaped like she was drinking a milk shake from a straw.
    She said she could taste a very mild fruity flavour but not a strong or dominant flavour.
    I suggested she slow her sucking to an absolute minimum to see what happened. That worked to a certain extent and she got more flavour.
    I then suggested that she not suck but to try and "feel" the vapor gently exiting the drip tip and to just assist it into her mouth.
    The look on her face indicated she got a mouthful of flavour and she said the flavour literally tickled her palate.

Following that little exercise I gave her one of my vamos with a KFL on the top loaded with a tobacco flavour called Virus and suggested she vape it the same as the spinner. Well....after 5 minutes of coughing her innards up and tears running down her face she said the flavour tasted like burning camel $hit but she could identify ever molecule of flavour.

So the night was a total success to the extent she and her husband are coming back tomorrow night for dinner. She is bringing her gear for me to look at and maybe recoil, and she is going to order a Vamo and KFL for herself from OS.
    Now, I'm not suggesting you are "sucking too hard" but the night was a reminder to myself to just slow down and enjoy the moment and I thought I'd just post this as a reminder to us all.
    Having said that .... It's now 2:20pm tuesday afternoon in Brisbane and I'm buggered if I can taste this "Camel $hit" at all.

4. Hayden K.

Hayden K. New Member

I can completely understand why she felt dissatisfied with her first experiences! I've met a few people who say that they've tried ecigs but thought they didn't help to get them off the smokes. Usually a little digging reveals that they've bought the cheap cigalike types from online or the corner store (0mg). Only 1 or 2 that I've met have tried EGO's or their clones. Only 1 person I know is buying doublers and mixing nic, and he's the only one I know who has successfully kicked the habit using ecigs. The others (like I did) went back to smoking.

Perhaps your .comghter's friend was sucking too hard, subconsciously trying as hard as she could to get a nic hit from a nic-less liquid? Perhaps my dissatisfaction for juice flavours is also my brain trying to trick me into thinking that "it's not enough"?
    Definitely good advice from you to "slow down and enjoy the moment", as I'm sure many of us ex smokers did with the smokes sometimes but do so now in a new, different way with ecigs.
    Good on you for helping her out!

I've only recently quit smoking and the money I've saved is being spent on ecig products, so I'm still searching for that "sweet spot" lol. I know that it's not with my current Riva (EGO) and CE4's!
    Fingers crossed that I'll be a bit closer to it when my 5 parcels arrive lol... I'm trying to be patient!
    Thank you for the reminder to slow down. I'm going to have to remind myself occasionally that even if I'm vaping Camel $hit, at least it's not an analog!

(rep +1'd you for helping out a smoker :) )

5. ancci03

ancci03 New Member

I usually have half a dozen tanks set up with different flavours and rotate thru' them during the day, it gives them a decent time to resoak the wick / carto and helps keep them tasting good ( for me) I never worry about how much I vape, just pleased that I'm no longer a smoker :)

6. mhncpurjhdic

mhncpurjhdic New Member

I only have 2 (cheap CE4) clearo's and an old bridgeless dripping atty to work with for now. Waiting on 12 clearo's (CE5+'s & CE4S's), 4 mini Protank 3's, 3 RDA's, 1 RBA Tank, mech mod, charger and a heap of other stuff to arrive. o_O
    Do you find with rotating tanks/flavours, that you taste your juices better?

7. crissmor

crissmor New Member

Wow I just tried that and the flavour was just so intense and soooo much better,:) I have been using mine like I have been smoking a cig but when you just let it roll into your mouth with just a slight draw to let it in WOW?? :)

Just be careful with the throat hit though ?? :)

8. ateleta

ateleta New Member

No I don't, in fact I suspect I'm doing myself a dis-service by having four going at the one time. But that is only a suspicion ... no subjective proof to offer. However, I'm currently in a testing phase at the moment trying a variety of juices but I do usually have two going at one time. Usually totally unlike flavours ... a tobacco and a fruit .... or a drink and a bakery etc. to give a variety. I find if I vape two similar flavours like two different fruits they end up tasting the same anyways

9. Ahead by a Century

Ahead by a Century New Member

Treat it like you would a good woman/man or a good wine ..... take your time and enjoy all that is on offer. :eek:
    Not only is the flavour considerably stronger ... but so is the body's absorption of the nick so you may find you need to lower your nick level. In essence what you are doing is allowing the atomizer to do the work it is supposed to be doing. As you have experienced, the flavour "hit" can be extreme but with practice folks develop a happy medium that suits them and their vaping style.

The first thing I do when I start to loose taste is to slow down my draw. We are all in a hurry to get things done and way too often we just draw too hard.

10. niganna

niganna New Member

I usually have at least 5-6 flavours on the go, and I like to vape different flavours at different times of the day. Sometimes I feel like a light flavour, like a ginger beer, or nice citrus vape. Sometimes I feel like something heavier, like an RY4 or a dessert vape, sometimes a sweet vape, sometimes a minty one, I treat it like I treat foods. I don't want to eat the same things all day everyday, and like different foods at different times.

We are all different, I don't see vaping unflavoured juice, or the one flavour of juice, as being better or worse than enjoying lots of different flavours, it depends on the what you find that makes vaping more enjoyable than cigarettes.

Some people vape a few times over the day, some vape all day, some have a few puffs and put it down, some (like me) tend to have times where they chain vape. It really doesn't matter at all, just do what suits you. There is no right or wrong,

Same with vape gear, some people want simple, a good setup that they are happy with, some like lots of complexity with different gear, again, as long as its not impacting anyone in a negative way, there is no right or wrong, just what suits you.

The thing that I most love about vaping is that you can customise your experience to suit yourself, there are no set in stone rules on what gear you use, or what flavours you like, (even if no one but you enjoys a particular flavour) ,or if you don't want flavours at all, or if you like your juice to be high vg, or high pg, or something in between. You can vape 0 nicotine, or you can add as much or as little as you feel you need, or enjoy.

What I would hate to see is arbitrary value judgements creeping in, things like pre-made juice is always better than DIY, whether you like flavours or enjoy unflavoured, or if you use and enjoy a cigalike, or if you use clones instead of originals, or mechs instead of vv/vw, or whatever, you are somehow a better person or a lesser person. All these judgements are just so much silly BS.

lol, this has become a novel and a bit of a rant, so I'll stop now :)

Enjoy your vaping, find whats right for you, and be happy, and don't stress over the small stuff :).