Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Is High Watt APV Vaping "4th Generation"?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Evan A, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Evan A

Evan A New Member

I've been trying to lightly research this. Definitions of 3rd generation seem to vary from place to place.

A lot of places refer to "The new generation high wattage mods, like the DNA30 or sx350" but I'm uncertain whether this means "4th Generation"

"3rd Generation" seems to have got it's first run in about 2010 with things like the reo and others

... Discuss

2. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

still 3rd gen design for physical parts.
    New version/direction for electronics. YiHi (sx) boards leading the way. Unhappy their boards do not have VV menu option yet in sx350, 450, 470, etc.

3. sensible_man

sensible_man New Member

I just hope everyone vapes safely, its all I ask, batteries should never get hot..........:)

4. unhvjsowhizj

unhvjsowhizj New Member

i'd think that if you were to put these 100 wat mods into a generation catagory ? it would more like 6 or 7 ??

these will soon be extinct since there is now a 352watt mod on the horizon

5. naci

naci New Member

1st gen - cigalikes
    2nd gen - ego or box with carto. Clearo.
    3rd gen - tube/box mod (inc. vv & vw) and rba

going by previous definitions 26650 mods could be considered version 3.5

A VV ego is still 2nd gen.

100w is an improvement of electronics. It was possible with enough batteries in mech/box mod long before the new 30-100w vw box mods came out.

I'd say 3rd gen is the final. Even with new element tech, it'd still probably be 3rd gen.

If a new ultrasonic tech or something else came out that allowed for dramatic redesign, then it'd be 4th gen.

6. Mafia

Mafia New Member

Im kind of inclined to agree with this description .. but I think the big change that came out of the 3rd gen stuff was the push for vv/ vw that could manage the rbas and maybe the push too to try and get clearos to behave more like RBA (like the areotank, nautlus etc.. ) so from this point I think the long awaited change was really the DNA 30s that came out .. on the top end there were only mechs and provari and reo really and the wait for something new was long .. vaping actually became a little boring for a while ... the appearance of DNA 30 changed things and b/c of that chip we can now go to 100 if we want and use the rbas/ rdas on them .. so I think DNA 30 + is 4th gen

7. mwregjawgcma

mwregjawgcma New Member

I have tried high wattage vaping and sub ohming, however I have gone back to normal coils above 1 ohm, and do not bother with more than 15 W. The only thing I like about the more powerful mods like the SMY180 God Mod is at lowwer wattages I can go a fair way on battery life between recharging and not have to buy expensive high amperage batteries.