Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Is anybody here who started vaping as a non-smoker?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by artyarson, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    I started vaping as a non-smoker too, I mainly wanted it for the flavours. I thought it was the same as shisha/hookah, I was wrong. I stuck with vaping because the smoke was less suffocating, and it tasted better. Shisha made me nauseous after a while and vaping doesn't.

2. bulbasarr

bulbasarr New Member

Device:
    Beyond Vape Beacon
    Juice:
    Dojo
    I have a similar experience. I am also a non smoker, but I did smoke hookah somewhat regularly for some time. However, the appeal of vaping to me was the tricks. That's also the reason I smoked hookah. To blow smoke rings and watch clouds of smoke leaving my mouth.

3. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I think it was just a advertising gimmick, but it did work and it is healthier then smoking regular cigarettes. So I suppose it was worth while getting into the market that way.

4. vibe

vibe New Member

Device:
    None
    Juice:
    None
    I've definitely thought about it. I live in a place where vaping is pretty commonplace and socially acceptable. I haven't started because I don't want to end up wanting more and more nicotine as time passes.

5. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    I first vaped before I was a smoker, never knew what it was, I just played with my mother's device. It wasn't the moment that tricked me into nicotine, but I think it still counts, however now I'm back to vaping and hopefully to a non-smoker very soon.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    While I certainly don't think it's common, I know a couple of people that vape now but didn't smoke before but it's only every now and again.

I did ask then why they started vaping and they just said they liked the flavours, and it was as simple as that. They use none nicotine liquids and every now and then will just enjoy vaping. Nothing wrong with that I guess, even though I do think it's a little unusual.

7. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    I don't understand why people would want to vape for any other reason than to try to stop smoking. Sure, we know that vaping is better for you than smoking, but there are still potential health risks that haven't been discovered yet, and because of this I think it is silly for people to vape when they don't really need to. It isn't something that I would want to recommend at all, so I believe that people need to think carefully about it.

8. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Most people don't get addicted the first time they have something with nicotine. That's how come when people start smoking they don't really smoke that much, it's only when you become addicted and give up that it's not wise to have something with nicotine, you could risk becoming addicted again.

9. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    Yes and it was a very fast switch for me. The nicotine satisfied my needs and I was happy vaping as I knew it was a much safer alternative to smoking due to all the harsh and deadly chemicals injected into the cigarettes. Yuck!

10. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I agree, we still don't know what the long term effects are since it hasn't been around for a long time. Just because it doesn't have nicotine does automatically make it healthy.

11. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I never smoked a cigarette before beginning to vape. I always hated the smell and health effects of cigarette smoke. It's embarassing to admit, but I always thought smoking was cool, but didn't like the cost and health effects of cigarettes. Vaping was a great solution to that.

12. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    I was an ex-smoker but one of my friends started vaping as a non-smoker. He was very curious about trying cigars but I recommended him to vape and he did.

13. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP with Nautilus Mini Tank
    Juice:
    Vaporleaf - Fire & Ice (Cinnamon / Menthol)
    I think that'd be a really weird experience to go as a non-smoker to vaping. I know non-smokers who go to Hookah bars though, so maybe it's the same thing. Once thing I noticed is that vapor can seem a little harsh to a smoker. You can't 'vape' on it like you smoke a cigarette so I think that a lot of smokers think it's harsh. I imagine to a non-smoker it would seem super weird and harsh not having the muscle memory in their lungs to accept those kind of particles. I don't imagine I would have ever started ecigs as a non-smoker though, I'm sure they're out there.

14. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    There are a lot of reasons people start to smoke, more often then not is to look cool and fit in. It's only years later that you see smoking for what it really is. The good thing about vaping is that you can go nicotine free and nobody knows it.

15. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    I have never smoked before before as a matter-of-fact. I just started vaping as a hobby because my friend introduced me to vaping. Now I can't seem to stop and I'm considering myself a vaping addict.

16. Dilof

Dilof Member

Device:
    Pen
    Juice:
    Tobacco flavoured
    I started as a smoker but nowadays a lot of teens are starting to vape without having smoked before. It's a growing trend that these teens tend to use the safer option in the form of vaping (or maybe just because it looks cooler?). I say this a lot but the risks aren't officially confirmed yet, so I wouldn't exactly recommend vaping to someone who has never smoked and has no intention to. I would, however, recommend vaping to a teen who wanted to start smoking and wouldn't take no for an answer.

17. ElegantMew

ElegantMew New Member

Device:
    eGO AIO
    Juice:
    Cherries and Berries
    Yes, I started vaping without ever touching a cigar in my life.
    It's really not that uncommon, it's a past time activity that personally "floats my boat" if you will.

18. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    That's the natural way everyone who ever got a shot of nicotine ends, however, I find it a good life experience, knowing how it is to be addicted to a drug, will give you an edge over the others in the long run, depending on the drug, but one who have not known addiction, is more likely to become addicted to something like cocaine, heroine or even amphetamine as he is more likely to try them in the first place, meanwhile an addict or ex addict of nicotine, has an idea about how things can mess your brain up, and they will think more than twice before trying those drugs out.

19. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    The thing is that many of those people who move or start vaping are just because they somehow wanna look cooler or fit in a group or that kind of things that mostly teenagers do, I am talking by self experience because I know a lot of guys that have done the same.

20. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    This is true but there has been a significant drop in teenagers that smoke. Maybe the campaigns have been miss placed and should focus on nicotine addiction. It's fine that they vape but why would you start vaping nicotine juices?