Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Indulgence V2

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by bmilesqttsay5481, Aug 24, 2015.

1. bmilesqttsay5481

bmilesqttsay5481 New Member

logging in via a proxy server is a new experience... i is hackerz, stupid exetel fail.

I was gonna put this in reviews but its not a review as such so .. there ya go.

I bought 2 switches with mu indulgence kit, only just started using the second one and found it a little 'sticky' seems like it had less positive action than the first one and though it never quite did, felt like it was gonna stay on at some point.
    So 3 options .. send it back to china for warranty, fix it or throw it away.

I figured fix it .. then send it back to china if that failed and they would throw it away if I stuffed it ..

anyway .. http://www.eastmall.net//Products/ShowP ... ulgence-V2 is what I am talking about.

top and bottom screw off, the top has a spring loaded bit that pushed on the bottom of the atty adapter.
    At least its supposed to be springy, this particular one was impossible to push in. turns out that as they screwed it in during assembly it jammed the spring around between the pin and its teflon? mount and was not springing at all. The bottom of the spring is then pushed against the switch tab.
    The other side is a plate with a conductor in the middle that screws up against the other tab of the switch.

now, the switch .. somewhere along the line I was under the impression that this thing was titanium and built like a brick shithouse, but no .. its a big tactile switch in a plastic mount. gah.

hang on .. I took some pics ..
    [​IMG]

and the switch holder ..
    [​IMG]

pulling it to bits needs a bit of force and care, they have half heartedly glued the plastic to the metal tube and put double sided tape between the 2 bits of plastic and I think glues the button to the top of the switch, so its a bit tricky to get to bits entirely without ripping the shaft of the switch off, need care, crack the glue, sort of push the switch down internally while lifting the button up and slide the assembly out. repalcing is easier, I removed the tape .. ut the switch block in and then the other wedge shaped bit goes in and hold the switch in place, then screw the ends back on making sure to keep the switch in the hole.

reason I put this in this section, this is a modders dream switch block, different battery possibilitys and an easily dismantleable top section with room for electronics in the top, and available as a spare part. for the tech minded, unlike the GG I was going to mod its also on the high side of the battery, so you have available +ve,-ve and atty output.

oh, and btw .. reason it was sticky, both the top and bottom sections are on threads and clamp the switch block between them, then one turn out at one end and one turn in at the other end moves the switch actuator up or down the ecig. slight adjustment on reassembly and now its perfectly aligned with the hole .. till the switch dies that is, hopefully I'll have a micro ready for it by then :)

2. qTrevors

qTrevors New Member

Hey,

can you post your results of the tests in regards to the voltage/ampage output and your remedies, when you find one.

Thanks.

3. Duemiamuh

Duemiamuh New Member

gaaaargh ..

I just typed a long spiel only to find myself logged out when i go to post .. lost it AGAIN.

what am I doing wrong, stupid safari..

not typing it again now .. later.

4. iwantcools90

iwantcools90 New Member

ohh i hate that so much.. >.> write a page long reply, really good and informative, only to have the browser .comse some greif and u lose it all. GAH I H8 when that happens ;_;

5. aroberospitt2035

aroberospitt2035 New Member

briefly, the plating seems to be not overly conductive and screwing/unscrewing a dozen times seemed to help.
    Stretching the spring helped
    polishing the inside of the case under the spring with steel wool .. didn't really help but made me feel thorough.
    If you are not sure if the switch is the issue, take off atty, screw converter top straight to battery (leave switch out of equation) .. screw in atty and vape .. quickly .. see if that works ok.
    thats about it .. mine has worked quite well since doing the above few things.
    oh .. forceps are useful with this mod .. ideal to grab that spring out.

6. bmlesqusasda9262

bmlesqusasda9262 New Member

Just as a follow up to this.. I have since moved on from this waste of time and money.. I was really hoping for a decent 3.7v and 6v vaping device.. but this is not even close to decent. At the supposedly 3.7v range the eGo 650mAh, which is apparently only 3.2v under load, does a better job.. and at the upper range; the 5v box mod I have is vastly superior to the indulgence with 2 batteries...

Result: I will never order from EastMall again no matter many people say a device or product of theirs is good, which is what happened with the Indulgence V2.

7. bobcat11eob

bobcat11eob New Member

I feel a little more validated about my own decision that I made last year on this now. I decried the indulgence as terrible when I purchased it and yet many people continually told me they had no issues and that it was "Great for the price". Sorry but no its not great for the price when I could get a 20 dollar ecig that did a better job then my 150 dollars worth of eastmall ecig. It looked cheap, felt cheap and performed cheap. A complete waste of money and I feel sorry for anybody using one of these as a daily.

V1 was a turd and by the sounds of it V2 is just as much of a turd.

8. Animal Lover

Animal Lover New Member

I agree with Jato 100%, but I must add .. compared to the GGTS .. its great.

for $150 I got 2 switches and the USB .. it is 2 compete ecigs at that price and 3 different power options. 1/4 the price of the GG.

I will do some load tests on it later, I notice it does lose 0.3v across the switch alone. not a good start.

9. Gunfacaia

Gunfacaia New Member

Mine was not 1/4 the price of a GG. I paid 150 to get everything I needed for it at the time. The GG did not cost me almost 500 lol.

I see what you are saying but even with everything I got with the indulgence it was all just crap. I still have the PT but its almost worthless.

GG is pretty bad in my books though as well at the moment. I should get a SB.

10. gdaddy

gdaddy New Member

I'm seriously considering getting a Provari to bhe perfectly honest.. it's another large investment though so I am still waiting to hear more from local people about how they like it etc.

11. asambrano752

asambrano752 New Member

My Ego's working very nicely.... =)

12. bolgauusasd7926

bolgauusasd7926 New Member

Light i have had my provari for almost a week and can't put it down well worth the money IMO would recomend it to any one ;)

13. anushriygomadam

anushriygomadam New Member

Indulgence V1 with AW high drain batt and MAP tank ftw!!

(Sorry couldn't help myself...had to share my latest love)