Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

If there was 1 suggestion you could give to a new vaper...

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by AboveTheSmoke, Mar 1, 2016.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    When you take up vaping I think a lot of people fall into the trap of thinking it's going to be a life and money changing experience, and it could well be, but your right, just not right away.

As with most things, vaping will take some time to get used to but in the end it will be worth it for most people.

GamerLady likes this.
  2. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    It's comments like those that make me appreciate my friends. I pretty much knew everything I needed to know about the financial side of vaping within a 1 hour conversation to pick out exactly what I needed when I popped by the local headshop. I started with a friend's juice that I already knew I liked, went straight to the steam co and only ever had 1 juice that I didn't like, ended up trading it out.

3. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    Exactly!

A lot of my problem with finding the right gear was that the salespeople in the local vape shops seemed more interested in making a sale, rather than understanding my needs. They tend to recommend recently released gear without knowing the problems that some people run into with it. I avoid such "new releases" because I know that if I cannot easily find a solution to the problem, I will get frustrated and start smoking again.

I guess another suggestion I would make is to say that "newer" is not always better. Don't allow yourself to be convinced that something new and top-of-the line is going to be better than something "tried and true" when you first start vaping. Chances are, you are going to be vaping for a long time; give yourself time to get used to vaping, figure out what works for you and what doesn't, then start experimenting with newly released gear if that's your thing.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Juice:
    You are one of the lucky ones. When I started vaping, it was not popular in my area. Actually, vaping did not become popular until a couple of years ago. When it did become popular, most of my co-workers recommended drippers. I could just see myself driving 75 miles-per-hour on an interstate while trying to drip; like that was going to end well. :oops:

It was not until about six months ago when most of the vape shops here in town decided to start letting customers try bundles that were being offered before buying. With the exception of the subohmm gear that I own now, all of the experience that I gained with gear was through trial and error that I ended up paying several hundred for.

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    At the end of the days, salesman are the same in any area, and their most important hib is making a sale, and hopefully for as much money as possible.

Another tip I will suggest is that make sure you do as much research as you can and know exactly what you want before you go into the store. A lot of people are willing to be guided by the salesman and that's when they end up coming away with things they don't particularly need.

GamerLady likes this.
  6. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 New Member

Device:
    Nicorettes
    Juice:
    Tobacco Cartomiser
    First of all, don't be one of those people that vapes to do tricks and constantly uses it. That will just create a bigger addiction to the vaping itself and nicotine if you are using a liquid w/ nicotine in. Secondly, spend some money on a good vape. Cheap vaporizers for me have been nasty pieces of kit that aren't satisfying to use and ultimately lead to you starting cigarettes again. Getting a good vape will mean that the battery will probably last much longer and the vapor will be much more full and 'tobacco-esque'.

missvape likes this.
  7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think that when people first try vaping that's a trap that they'll fall in to, and they'll start off by buying the cheaper products available.

Like you say though at the end of the day that's just false economy and you might aswell start off with the quality devices because really, even if you don't stick to it they're not exactly that expensive are they.

8. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    This is great advice. I think some first-time vapers don't really get the full experience when they buy the cheap vapes. And that's why they don't continue on and just go with their cigarettes. To truly experience what vaping is, you would need to invest some money on the good devices. This way, you won't be cheated on the experience of vaping and you can truly let go of smoking cigarettes as well.

9. untitled

untitled Member

Device:
    Evic VTC Mini
    Juice:
    VG
    Nowadays you can get a nice vape for under 50 bucks if you shop around online. Unfortunately all the physical stores seem to push the inferior gear that they want to sell and never purchase again, researching a mod would be my suggestion for a newbie and not just buying what the store owner suggests.

missvape likes this.
  10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    That's why like I said, as with anything you buy then it's always best to make sure you do some research first. Sometimes buying online can be worse than face to face, as the people your buying off will just see you as a sale, and not an actual person that they're dealing with.

Buying in-store does have its advantages as they will try and give you the best experience to make sure they get your repeat customers, it just depends on how good your local store actually is.

11. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 New Member

Device:
    Nicorettes
    Juice:
    Tobacco Cartomiser
    Thanks MissVape! It is definitely something which friends of mine have had issues with. You have to spend money to save money in this case! (On tobacco which is almost 10 quid now in my town for 25g)

12. untitled

untitled Member

Device:
    Evic VTC Mini
    Juice:
    VG
    Yeah that is very true, unfortunately I find the 2 stores near me are equivalent to a gas station attendant in their knowledge of vaping.

pwarbi likes this.
  13. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Yup, it definitely helps if you can research first what devices are best fit for you. The good thing is, there's tons of resources online that can help you be knowledgeable about vapes. Even a newbie vaper can access such websites and figure out which devices they would want to try.

As far as store owners or salesmen go, you would really need to avoid their suggestions. That's why the key is to research before going into a store. This way, you won't be swayed into whatever product they're pushing unto you. After all, for them, business is business.

pwarbi likes this.
  14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Haha, I do hear you and know where your coming from there, and I think there are some stores that haven't provided adequate training when it comes to what they're selling.

They've employed sales people to sell as much as they can rather than make sure they actually know what they're talking about, but that's only some stores. There are a lot that take vaping seriously and are only too happy to give advice out as and when they're asked.

missvape likes this.
  15. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    I truly wish someone would have suggested this to me sooner, but I have gotten to where I carry 2 cigarettes with me in dire need only (I've only been vaping for about 2 weeks now) but I used to have a whole pack and it was so easy to burn through them because of the convenience. Keeping a few for just in case purposes makes me feel empowered because I can look at it and say "no, I don't need this" and leave them alone. Definitely good advice for a newbie.

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  16. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    First, as soon as I quoted you, one of the exact friends I'm talking about msg'd me on facebook....ooo0ooo synchronicity!

lol driving and dripping, oh god. Yeah, I still see people that are a bit more new because of my lifestyle, and they want advice, and then they ask me where I learned what I know and I'm like...His name is Bradley and he has a pinata full of $1 alcohol shooters in his room for an "emergency situation"

Definitely, the whole reason I made this thread was exactly because of how valuable it was when I realized I could just get by without having the pack near me, just to have it somewhere but to always have an alternative!

17. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I didn't when I started and found myself first going for the cigarettes. I am not going to buy another pack and just stick to the vaping. Thanks for the info.

18. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Juice:
    Yeah, that habit of reaching for a smoke makes it difficult to have cigarettes around. I keep my "reserve" smokes somewhere inconvenient to get to. The one that I'm using to alternate holding in my hand and sticking in my mouth is a bit too icky to light up. I've slobbered on the filter to the point where it would be useless and covered the end in red nail polish to remind me not to light it up.

19. victionicious

victionicious New Member

Device:
    Aerotank Mega with Eleaf iStick 30w
    Juice:
    Hangsen Banana 11mg
    100% agree with you on that. I have friends with ecigarettes who feel the need to blow the biggest clouds in public and it blows my mind that they think it's genuinely OK to do so. It's pretty rude.

As for advice for a new vaper, I'd say don't go cheap. My issues when I started were just down to having a cheap ecigarette, as opposed to a reasonable ~£50 setup, which'd be far more reliable. I can't imagine how much money I spent in the first couple of months of vaping on unnecessarily cheap tanks and batteries. Once I invested in a good tank and battery, I saved a crazy amount of money.

20. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Lol, I remember those car saleswoman that we have here in my country. They're no doubt very pretty but to be honest, they know nothing about the cars they're selling. I imagine it's the same way for those salespersons you're talking about. You can definitely spot someone who isn't knowledgable about the product they're selling. Boy, if my husband spots one, he's going to make sure that person will have a tough time by asking questions he knows the answers already. It's a bit mean but you know, it's better to train your personnel correctly so they can promote your products better.

pwarbi likes this.