Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

If there was 1 suggestion you could give to a new vaper...

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by AboveTheSmoke, Mar 1, 2016.

1. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    What would it be?

For me personally, it would be - don't buy cigarettes ahead of time. Make it a point to get them when you really really want them - it will work out that "don't need it really" muscle and make the transition MUCH more smooth. It's like night and day, when the cigs are there, you can always just reach for them and feed the craving.

2. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    You might not be able to taste some flavours especially if you smoked before so try new flavours often. You might experience something called "vapors tongue" along your journey, which means you might not be able to taste the juice due to overstimulated taste buds, that is why I suggest you switch and stay hydrated.

admin and AboveTheSmoke like this.
  3. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    Don't be obnoxious, so many vapers are, and it really damages our reputation as a community. That is all really, the rest is pretty much down to experimentation, so individual advice might not be so useful for everyone.

4. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Great stuff! I remember when I started getting burnt out on the same flavors...I have like $300 worth of juice here and there, end up giving them away a bit, mixing very cautiously but I haven't burnt out in months.

As for the obnoxious thing...yeah...but people that still smoke are obnoxious too. Trying to get them to not be obnoxious with their vaping is like trying to parent them for their parents, and aint nobody got time for that.

5. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    I'd say smokers are less obnoxious these days, because of so many restrictions, vapers have not had this, and frequently smoke in places where smokers cannot. I would never do that, and I like to think other vapers wouldn't also.

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  6. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Definitely less so! Vape thing is a personal issue from what I can tell. My down to earth friends stay down to earth, my asshole friends stay assholes. It's kind of a delicate-yet-obvious balance of people ruining good things while the good people fix the good things

7. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    From what I gather, we generally have a negative reputation amongst non-vapers. I can understand why,especially as people vape in places where they are not allowed to smoke. People who support smoking bans may get frustrated to see vapers there.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    One thing that I would say to anybody new to vaping is stick with it. When I first darted I have to admit that it did take me a little time to get used to it and I thought about stopping a few times.

After a few days though I did get used to it and I'm glad that I stuck with it, and I'd recommend that others do the same.

9. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I remember when I first started, it was just this weird thing like, "am I really doing this?" Then I started to realize I didn't need the packs, I had way more money at the end of a week or so than I usually do and that fueled a bunch of way more healthy habits. Pretty pleased about my transition, but yeah, if i didn't stick with it, I probably would still be smoking...*shudders*

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    It's the money side of things that kept me vaping aswell to be honest, and after the first week I did think about either going back to the cigarettes or trying to quit altogether, but I noticed I was a lot financially better off.

That's the main incentive that made me perservere and like you say, and I'm sure everyone else, we're glad that we did.

admin and AboveTheSmoke like this.
  11. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yeah, once you start to realize hey...I don't have to spend this $5...I'm kinda good? It all just clicks into place. It took me a bit to realize that as long as my rig was closer to me than my cigs, I would always just reach for the rig, and after that I stopped needing them altogether. They don't even taste like pineapple.

12. kiesha

kiesha New Member

Device:
    vapor fi pro 2
    Juice:
    cherry cola
    Great point I totally agree with you on this, buying ahead of time and having right there with is feeding the addiction this is some very good advice.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    As I've said before though, the fact that cigarettes are usually available from nearly every corner store makes it doubly hard to quit.

While I agree that buying cigarettes before you need them is bad practice, it's not usually that difficult to buy them as and when you need them either.

14. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    One suggestion I would tell newbies would be:

Charge your device's battery at night while your sleeping. It's better this way so you won't lose battery charge during the day.

Good luck, new vapers!

pwarbi likes this.
  15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I guess that's advice that I wouldn't have even thought about giving but it's a good call.

I'd just assume that people would automatically do that anyway in this day and age of technology and nearly everything needing a battery or charging, but I guess if your not used to vaping then you wouldn't think of doing that.

16. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    Wismec
    Juice:
    Eros
    I have also noticed that your juice of choice is Real Tobacco, personally I have tried to go that route and it didn't work for me. I was sceptical about fruity juices at first, but turns out it's all about NIC. level and your Mod. Once you find your sweet spot, you will forget about cigarettes.

pwarbi likes this.
  17. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    Yes, this is true, however you do have to be very careful that you don't put it too close to you - because there have been cases of devices setting on fire whilst on charge. Many people place things like phones and ecigs right next to their beds at night, so this could be dangerous if something were to happen to it. This is why I always make sure that mine is in another room - and right next to my smoke sensor so that if anything were to happen I would be alerted to it straight away.

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    While there has been cases reported in the media about some of the batteries shall we say, being a little volatile, personally I don't think in general there's all that much to worry about really.

If for your peace of mind you prefer to do that, then that's obviously up to you, but you could say that about most things. Don't leave your tablets or laptops on charge, turn all your electrical appliances off at the switch...how far do you go?

19. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    Don't expect to save money immediately. It can take some time to find the gear, nicotine level, and flavors that work for you.

When I first started vaping, it cost me more than smoking for the first couple of months. I burned through atomizers and I had to try a few ejuice flavors to find one I liked. After I got myself squared away, I started saving money.

20. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    I would suggest simply cleaning your vaping gear regularly. I've had some friends that had crust on their tips.. gross. Simply wiping it solves the problem and doesn't take more than a minute!