Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

I need some help!

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by aliychechka, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Hazel R

Hazel R New Member

Kit for new vapers? Well, I have opinions... As does everyone, and they do not always agree. I'm not trying to discount what has already been said - this Vaping business can be very subjective - every one has different ideas what makes good equipment. That said, what "Mushymush" said earlier is very sound - much of what I write here echoes what he said.

For a complete starter, I would carefully look at what Clearo was being considered. I detest CE4 - "Startdusts". I started with them. I am glad I got something else quickly or I'd still be smoking. They annoyed and frustrated me greatly. They leak, they are VERY inconsistant and they do not give a new starter a very good impression.

That said, then, what do I recommend? Well, I used Kanger EVODs. The original, single bottom coil jobbies. I used them for about 6 months straight - from about day 5 vaping onwards. They are consistent, fairly newie friendly, can be maintained reasonably easily and there is a ton of information about them available to help the new starter get over their initial hurdles. For the early starter, there are a number of "how to" videos on Youtube that detail dryburning and coil replacement. The Evods lend themselves to advanced user "tinkering" (like coil builds) but it is not necessary that someone go that far to gain benefit from the device.

The one downside with EVODS is their relatively small capacity - about 1.7 ml. An average vaper will need to refill a couple of times thro a day - or carry around a filled spare.

To start with, I'd suggest you would need at least 3, perhaps 4. That will give you the ability to have a couple of flavours on the go concurrently. And your initial purchase ought to include a box or two of replacement coils - at 1.8 ohm - since coils do not last that long without maintenance.

Batteries? Well, I think any EGO style battery is a good starter - I'd lean toward at least the 900 to 1000 mAh styles. They are simple, easy to use and, for an average person, will last a good portion of a day before going flat. If you want something that will last a little while longer and that offers a bit of future versatility, then I'd suggest stepping up to the "Vision Spinner" - I'd grab the 1300 mAh versions. Most users will get nearly a full day vaping out of one. You'd need to buy at least 2 batteries - one on charge whilst the other is in use. Seriously, consider three - just in case you get caught short sometime. I've got 5 or 6 Vision spinners in constant use. I've got 7 or 8 months out of them and they are still going strong.

To that, you'd need at least one simple USB to EGO charger. EGO chargers are cheap - buy two. You don't wanna be caught short if one fails - and they can.

After that, you'll need ELiquid. The sky is the limit. Realise your tastes will change, and, even if you do not realise it now, you do not really want Cigarette tasting ELiquid!

Perhaps a "carry case", something like a slightly larger "glasses case" to carry around a spair battery and clearo with you.

SO My basic starter kit would be:
    2 x EGO/Vision Spinner batteries.
    4 x EVOD BCC Clearos
    2 x spair/replacement coil packets
    1 x USB to EGO chargers
    1 x carry case
    Juice in a range of flavours..

To that, I'd strongly suggest adding another couple of clearos, a third battery and a second charger. With ELiquid, that'll see you past the first month or so, and, hopefully off the smokes. By that stage, you'll have a better idea what direction you may like to follow.

Hope this helps.

2. intuifilt

intuifilt New Member

"Buy a Provari!":D

3. alan2dylan

alan2dylan New Member

Even after all this time vaping those 1.8 coils on evod about choked me to death. This is where the conflicting advice causes confusion LOL. It's definitely subjective, but omg that gets so overused. And personally I don't agree with "any old ego will work" because most people starting out will go as cheap as possible, and most times in vape equipment you get what you pay for

4. xX1fX0xY2t

xX1fX0xY2t New Member

And please only take that as a simple disagreement, I meant it as just that, a differing opinion

5. beherit

beherit New Member

For a beginner set, I'll suggest what I wish I would have started with. Ego styles are fine. But they've been covered.

The Innokin iTazte MVP 2 is a wallet friendly (around $50US online) long lasting mod (2600mah battery!). It's sturdy, lasts a full day or more between charges and is variable Voltage and Variable Wattage. It's as simple as a newbie needs, but with room to grow as you progress. It has both 510 and ego threading as well. I wasn't even a fan of box mods until I tried one. I now have 4 and use them as often as any of my more advanced setups. For pen style devices I really like the Smok VV Winders.

For tanks, I also agree with the Aspire Vivi Nova ET-S BDC (510 thread). They deliver good taste, vapor, and ease of use. Even P Busardo liked them! I'm also a HUGE fan of the Kanger Protank II Mini v2 (Ego threaded). I've never had ANY issues with them, and again great flavor, great vapor. My absolute favorite types of tanks are Cartotanks, though there is a slight learning curve, once you know how to prime a cartomizer and fill the tank it's easy maintenance. I find cartos last longer than coils and the flavor is much better than a clearomizer.

Juices! I was very nervous about trying juice online. I didn't know that places like MBV required steeping, because I'd only used a local B&M. I was accustomed to buy it and vape it same day. It took me a long time to brave buying online again, and when I did I tried Nicoticket. Very dependable flavor right out of the mailbox. It comes ready to vape, and only gets better with time. A little while later I tried Suicide Bunny. Same thing, good from the mailbox, better as they age. That's all the juice I buy, so I can't add much more there.

6. sheenkhit

sheenkhit New Member

Yes, there is merit in what you say - especially with the "any old ego" bit. I'd hope that the final set of recommendations this is planned to help work towards, would point to quality branded items - such as Kanger EGO or Vision Spinner batteries - where the beginner has a chance to obtain something that is not junk.

7. AntonIson

AntonIson New Member

8. ch33kz

ch33kz New Member

I am getting one for my birthday in August :clap: (optimistically assuming it’s still legal here). Is Provape still the best place to buy from, or are there any discount vendors out there?

But back on the subject, I am just thinking that not every Camel man wants to immediately become a Luke Skywalker, in fact I would think that many smokers who are considering vaping might initially want hardware which will be as close to the original thing as possible (that’s why some fail, because they go for cigalikes, which tend to be junk). Just a thought of losing an old “time” friend can be scary enough if a person is truly addicted… so people might not want to be confronted with the whole concept of a new hobby...

9. gnuhmazdcl

gnuhmazdcl New Member

I think we all forget how overwhelming it is when first starting out.
    Good seeing the better gear being mentioned by the members.... onyas!

These are the few things I've helped out workmates, friends etc... with.
    Choosing products from manufacturers with a quality assured programme is usually a wise move, as is buying from local vendors that can be contacted should the need for support arise.

First out which rarely gets mentioned.
    You're going to need a decent wall charger.... certified at that. Don't skimp.
    I use these when working away, and I'm sure the USA, Canadian, UK, and European members would have a reputable manufacturer that supplies similar.
    Charges your phones too.

A rough guide to a base kit

2x Ego batteries at least 900mah (Vision Spinners, or Smoktech Winders)
    5x Clearomiser, (EVOD V2, Smoktech Aro II, Kanger T3S)
    2x 5 Packs of coil heads to suit clearomisers
    2x Ego USB chargers (3x if you want one in the car)
    1x 12volt cigarette lighter style USB charger (for the car)

Juice? Trying out a few sample packs from reputable vendors isn't a bad way of finding something you can live with and graduate on from there.

*Optional..
    We don't all work in offices so....
    Construction workers, truckies, tradies, labourers, boating fisherman etc.... *Take note*....
    Get a neck lanyard for your ego.... trust me on this, that ego is going to drop out of your pocket into the dirt, sea, smallest tightest areas, and all other sorts of crappy situations, all day.... unless you have one.

10. MarkusHood

MarkusHood New Member

My SO uses ego twists and evods at work, (he doesn't work in an office), because they are pretty tough, and evods take a lot of punishment. He started vaping on these, and apart from using his PC Wood Creations "surfer mod" at home, he uses the twist/evod combo everywhere else. Something else to remember, my SO also went with the stainless steel for batteries and clearos, as they don't scratch up and look crappy.

I started on 510 bats, but moved onto ego/evod/aspires very quickly, and now have moved on to vamo's and mech mods, with kayfuns and drippers. I like the bigger tank size of the kayfuns, and the 18650 batteries last for ages.

11. kirst is back!!

kirst is back!! New Member

Ask anything you need to. Lots of good people here who are happy to help. The jargon does get confusing. I'm with you on that!

I used to (sometimes still do) get confused when people talk about cartos. To me, cartos was short for cartomizers which I thought of as the little cigarette filter looking things you usually attach to cig-a-likes. People using cartotanks (tanks that require a punched or slotted cartomizer inside) often just say cartos. That's confusing and so is all the crap I just typed out. Excuse me...I need more coffee this morning. haha

12. kingusof

kingusof New Member

Those spinners are tough alright... mine have taken a battering.
    It's just that I realised that nice Vamo, a few spinners, with carto tanks attached... I once had.... that are now sitting at the bottom of the Spencer Gulf.... could still be in my possession had I bought a few $2 lanyards :(.
    .... and for some reason, whenever an ego drops into mud or grease or grit... they land tip first.
    One of those Murphys law things :hmmm: