Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How To Beat Fasttech At Their Own Game

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by rosti, Sep 14, 2015.

1. rosti

rosti New Member

How To Beat Fasttech At Their Own Game

Well... I am here again, it's not the first time I've been bitten and weathered the journey and it won't be the last and many.. many of us here have been through this before.

I placed an order at FT on 13th January for 12 Vivi Nova clearomizers. All up with shipping upgrade it cost me $45.

Items arrived on 21st January, they were all the wrong type.

I ordered: SKU 1407610
    They sent me: SKU 1325000

Opened ticket with them on that day and took them 2 days to acknowledge and agree that they did sent me the wrong item.

For the next 2 days she tried to bully me into accepting the incorrect items and when that didn't work she tried to bully me to accept them at a lower cost.

I point blank refused.

On the 30th I placed another order, for 10 Vivi Nova clearomizers, all up with shipping upgrade is $37. At least this way I will get the items I want and will now demand a full refund on the previous order.

Order was sent out on a Sunday issued with tracking number... hehe

5 days later we were still arguing about postal cost for returning goods. Her refusal to accept the cost of sending order back was ridiculous... I can't quote a price that doesn't exist!

She assures me that all goods do return via unregistered post but their forums tell a very different story, many have posted that goods they returned (for whatever reason) unregistered and gone 'missing' en-route and the customer has been forced to pay for it.

Their policies state full refund for returned goods but we all know they will only pay unregistered and if you want assurance the goods went back you have to pay for registered.

The entire time she refuses to say anything or answer any of my questions about the order or a full refund.

They are the pits to work with..

We all know the journey too well, FT will eke it out in a bid to frustrate us that by the end we will agree to almost anything just to get our order. They hold the actual order to ransom and sending out the order is the very last thing they do.

I soon discover that I am not the only one who's been scammed.. if you read the 'reviews' on SKU1407610 you will see the 2nd top 'vlatko1904' comments, I decided to add a response but didn't expect them to approve it, they did. ROFL

Monday 2nd Feb, I again quoted shipping cost to return the goods, and cancelled the original order.

Tuesday finally sent order back with tracking number... so it's costing me $20 to send the order back and $10 refund from FT.... I wonder how long it will be before she will mention the order.......

Got email from FT confirming that they will re-imburse my shipping costs of $10USD.

That evening I raised PP dispute with this order.

Wednesday I get an email from FT stating that unless I cancel the PP dispute they will not be able to re-imburse my shipping costs. Finally she acknowledged the cancelled order!

Thursday email confirms my 2nd order is now incomstralia with new tracking number.

Found a thread at FF forums 12 pages long, it's an interesting read:
    Staff please answer! why does the exist of a paypal dispute prevent you to make the refund procedure?: FastTech Forums

Contacted PP in regards to this and they say under no circumstances to cancel the dispute until all funds have been re-imbursed/refunded.

Friday I decided to 'politely pester' them on this thread and scored!

I got back $12.79comD into my PP account, re-imbursement of returned shipping costs.

Now I can only sit back and wait till the goods arrive at FT and is checked and correct then they should refund the order in full. Meanwhile the PP dispute shall remain open, they have until the 23rd and PP will then step in. I assume that FT wouldn't have sent my original order till the goods were returned, which means arrival wouldn't be till March.

So, in a crux, I used their demand at holding our order to ransom, against them. I confidently placed a new order (knowing I had a good time frame) for the same goods, waited until they were on their way, then 'cancel' the original order at Fasttech and strike up for a full refund via paypal dispute.

From what I've read on Fasttech forums posted not by one, but by many, it seems Fasttech is earmarking dud/not working/broken/returned batteries and re-shipping to countries (likecomstralia) knowing that we cannot return the goods. I can only urgecomstralian customers and vendors alike not to invest in buying batteries from them. I understand this is speculation only. I have bought batteries from FT for 2 years and while they've all been good, except the last 8, 3 were defective.

It's really important to keep cool, calm and collected during communication with these people.. their customer service suxs... but if you lose the plot, you play into their hands.

I lodged a complaint against them here:
    Consumer Council
    and here:
    In Competition | King & Wood Mallesons New consumer laws in Hong Kong - In Competition

While I've not heard back from them (yet), at least I've bitten them in their own backyard.

I realise this tactic won't work for everyone, my case was a fairly simple one, I hope sharing this will help other vapers.

Feb 11th: Well.... my 2nd order arrived today, video'd it onto my iPad, arrival, yellow envelope, unopened parcel, then opened parcel... to reveal what? Oh Dear God... you don't want to know...I am gobsmacked.... absolutely gobsmacked.....

Appologies for the long winded post.

2. riches no butler

riches no butler New Member

Ok I'll bite- they sent you the wrong clearos again huh.

Oh btw was it Crystal you were dealing with ?

3. Dav.

Dav. New Member

That sounds like an absolute nightmare Yasmin & it sounds like you have to go through it all again.
    I've had about 7 orders from Fasttech & one ticket taken out for a small item & I've had a very positive experience with them.
    Good luck with it Yasmin.

4. enotas

enotas New Member

+1, :high,five:, wtg Yasmin.

5. iodizetut

iodizetut New Member

The faster you can get Fasttech closed down, or at least stop shipping to troublesomecomssies, the better. You're doing God's work Yasmin.

[​IMG]

6. liashimb

liashimb New Member

I just checked and FT have the warning bar across the top of my FT page, MrGruffy you have 4 ticket messages.
    I have none, but I figure they are leaving that there just to;
    Prepare in case I order again
    piss me off clicking to find no open tickets
    piss me off
    pre-emptively claim it was my comlt (We sent you this ticket message not to order with your left button, it's your comlt they are made of cheese. ner ner ner)

7. amee G

amee G New Member

I am usually a defender for some China companies , but I think the best way to look at it is .... if I am not real fazed about getting exactly what I want , and I want something cheap that is not uber important I must have ... THEN I will shop at Fasttech... I think I was lucky to have been dealing with O/S/ companies for a long time and realize although they do their best , the sheer VOLUME of business they do these days is bound to lead to mistakes and shipment of replacement articles etc ... I mean seriously FT would be doing orders in the magnitude of 100's of thousands a week if not daily these days ...
    Want exactly what you order? want it in a timely fashion , and want after sales care .... shop locally ..
    Want the bestest possible price , dont mind waiting , and dont mind the occasional eff up ... go fasttech :)

8. jaggery

jaggery New Member

I needed 5 minutes to collect my thoughts as they are not.... clean right now...

Yes, it was crystal...

Yes, they sent me the wrong item again.

First order I split into 2 so all up 3 orders... yup.. not once.. not twice.. but three times... I am truly gobsmacked.

I only ordered the vivi nova's from them becomse they were my last resort.. no-one else is stocking them, they are the top filled type, not BBC.

I'm done

9. Actioni

Actioni New Member

While it bumbled along at snails pace, patience has paid off... out of the blue yesterday FT refunded the 2nd parcel (3rd order) without any request on returning (offending) goods...and today PP recovered the money spent in the 1st 2 orders and I'm now whole.

My faith has been restored in FT a bit, I am very glad this is over.

With the retirement of mini vivi nova top filled... I am scouting the market and picking random tanks/clearomizers in a bid to find a replacement.

I kept it short and sweet this time! rofl