Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How Do E-Cigs Like Vuse Compare To Those That Have Tanks You Fill With Juice

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by OkeyDokeySmokey, Feb 28, 2016.

1. OkeyDokeySmokey

OkeyDokeySmokey New Member

Device:
    Vuse
    Juice:
    Cinnamon
    I have vaped with Vuse e-cigs and other styles like them more than anything. I really do enjoy these. I have tried the e-cigs that have refillable tanks that you put flavored nicotine juice in and those seem ok, but I just have not used them enough to really form an opinion about them. How do you think these two types of e-cigs compare to each other?

2. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    Hi OkeyDokeySmokey,

I started out with a "cig-alike" too. There were several reasons why I stopped using my "cig-alike:"
    1. I smoked three packs a day when I switched to vaping, and I could blow through 2-3 cartridges a day. Blowing through 2-3 cartridges a day really wasn't saving me any money.
    2. You know that tingly/warm feeling in the back of your throat when you smoke? That is "throat hit," and the cig-alikes weren't providing that for me.
    3. Back when I first started vaping, most of the affordable cartridge options had a high PG ratio. I can handle a PG/VG ratio of 60/40, but get sick when the PG ratio is above 60.
    4. Limited flavor options. After a while I grew accustomed to the flavors available in cartridges and I couldn't really taste them anymore.
    5. I figured out how to refill the cartridges with more ejuice, but cleaning and refilling them was a bit of a pain after a couple of months of doing that.
    6. Even with cleaning and refilling, I wasn't getting more than another couple of days' use from the cartridges.
    7. Two words: "Battery Life" My little cig-alike battery lasted me an hour to an hour-and-half on a good day.
    With a refillable tank:
    1. My atomizer lasts me a couple to three weeks with heavy use.
    2. I get a better throat hit from a tank than a cartridge.
    3. I can buy eliquid that doesn't make me sick for an affordable price.
    4. There are literally hundreds of eliquid flavors and vendors to choose from. For the cost of a pack of cartridges, you can pick up 10 or 15ml of ejuice.
    5. Refilling tanks is easy; unscrew the top or bottom of the tank and add more juice.
    6. Even with heavy use, the tank atomizers last longer than cartridges.
    7. Ecig batteries today can last me up to two days, and a lot of the batteries allow you to vape while you charge the batteries.
    If you really want to give the tank setup a shot without spending a lot of money, My Freedom Smokes offers a simple starter kit for around $8.00 and they sell affordable ejuice too. You might also check in your area to see if there are any bricks and mortar vape stores. I know a lot of them carry affordable starter kits like the one mentioned above and having someone local to go to buy atomizers and ejuice can come in handy when you are running low and are waiting for your order to get to you via snail mail.

3. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 New Member

Device:
    Nicorettes
    Juice:
    Tobacco Cartomiser
    I haven't been lucky enough to have the money to purchase a proper vape but, from experience with Nicolites, I have found it to be useless in helping me quit. Straight after using it I still feel a huge urge to have a cigarette. I don't know if this is the nicotine or the fact that I enjoy rolling and going outside for a smoke so much however! :)

4. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    It may be that the nicotine level is too low, the fact that a lot of the cig-alikes might not be giving you the throat hit that you need, or it may be the activities that you associate with smoking. While vaping provides us with nicotine, it does not provide us with the other carcinogens and other stuff that our bodies have adapted to. There is also a psychological aspect to it that might be making it difficult for you to vape.

You might want to check out and participate on the "Transition Advice" thread because several people have offered up ideas that may help you.

5. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    I tried to start out with the e-cigarettes like the Vuse and Mark ten, but had no luck. I was blowing more money on cartridges and replacements, and usually resorted back to smoking again. I ended up buying a cheap E-go vape pen and love it. I know people who have been able to use the disposables with no problem, but it just wasn't the same. And man, it was harsh! It's a matter of finding the right juice sometimes.

6. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 New Member

Device:
    Nicorettes
    Juice:
    Tobacco Cartomiser
    Disposables aren't great from my experience with Nicorettes. I have tried proper vapes and they have a much more satisfying throat hit along with relief from wanting a cigarette. I'd say save up for something in the 50-100 quid range with a good battery and large tank.

7. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    I much prefer the ones with a refillable tank and always will, because the fact is that there is a lot more choice out there for people, and this means that you're more likely to be able to find something that suits you and something that is actually going to help you to quit smoking for good like you are aiming to. This is certainly what I am hoping for, and by using these different flavours I know that I have a much better chance of quitting.