Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How did you come across ecigs for the first time

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by Wing, Sep 19, 2015.

1. simonetti

simonetti New Member

have to say, you have shocked me, you were the last person i thought would ever give up the analogues, you have done brilliantly (ive forgiven you for comghing uprouriously at me vaping while perusing quit sites!....just) but im not sure ill ever forgive you for making our unit look like some sleasy inner city drug lab!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! im very proud of what you have achieved!

2. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

lol, good on you both.

3. Fred D

Fred D New Member

My non smoking boyfriend heard about it in prison from one of the guards who has one n bugged me til I gave in n got one, just to shut him up

4. Swtf

Swtf New Member

A mate told me about a friend of his who'd switched, (back in 2008), I was curious but forgot all about it until I told a mate about it early 2009. He bought all his kit straight away and then gave me a 510 to play with, (I still hadn't tried it until thin). I bought my first kit just after the birth of my twin boys, (mid 2009) and made the switch proper on 30/12/12.

The thing that held me back in the early days was local availability. Not a problem anymore, now there are almost too many choices :D

5. bypepaisy

bypepaisy New Member

went on a Xmas boat party

one of the strippers had it hanging around her neck ( no pockets )

thought it was cool and made a bet with my boss to quit , bought two ego kits

the rest is history

6. lolkiL

lolkiL New Member

And you actually noticed it??...Bonus points for you Miter;)

7. baangelaslitlea9712

baangelaslitlea9712 New Member

I'm calling BS on this , either that or it was one fugly stripper!

8. NIKE AIR YEEZY 2

NIKE AIR YEEZY 2 New Member

Ninjas,,,,,,,,,,,,

9. Gookinku

Gookinku New Member

I had the same experience ... oh hang on ... that just explains my nipple fetish doesnt it , not PV's ... carry on

10. DaleGolden

DaleGolden New Member

i thought she was going to hide it....................

turns out was a friggin PV

:rolleyes:

11. lil miss awsomeness

lil miss awsomeness New Member

What a rip off.. she didn't play 'hide the PENIS'??

12. Cutsofresh

Cutsofresh New Member

I came across it on a Birthday Party..

13. NIKE AIR YEEZY 2

NIKE AIR YEEZY 2 New Member

My first exposure to 'ecigs' was via an ad on the side of a website I often visit. It had a pic of a cig-alike and some 'smoke' coming off it, with the slogan 'ever heard of vape'. Like most ads on the sides of websites, I didn't think much of it. It just seemed cheesy and a bit of a scam to be honest. Then my wife's cousin mentioned that he bought an ecig from the markets and it helped him quit. I reluctantly tagged along to have a look. The guy was selling something that looked like ego's with a charger for ~$30. I was interested, but I felt uneasy buying something from a guy who was set up next to another guy selling those 'balance bracelets' that athletes made a hoo-ha about a while ago. On the other side of the ecig seller was a guy selling iPhone 5's, at a time when the iPhone 4 was about 3 months old. This all made the ecig seller look even more dubious so I left, after buying several boxes of pop-tarts.

Then, last week, I went to my local Thai takeaway to pick up some mouth wateringly delicious Pad Kee Mao, I noticed some brochures for ecigs. I had a look again out of interest and they looked a little more believable than the others that I had seen in the past, but the images of sexy women in sunglasses vaping made me immediately think it was another gimmick. It was a 'Buy these and gorgeous women will want to have sex with you' kind of thing.

This time though, I was a little smarter and googled 'ecigcomstralia' to check out what all this ecig business was about. This was when i found AVF, the sub-reddit and pbusardo. Suddenly, ecigs, now know as vaporisers or PV's or mods or batteries in my head seemed much less gimmicky and gave me real hope of replacing analogs (i was going to write cigarettes but that word seems taboo with vapers so i'll stick to analogs) along with a hobby that I would really love.

14. stenlipk

stenlipk New Member

Wow Nuclear you found a lot of crap marketing, I've never seen anything like that, I feel slightly ripped off that my knowledge was all word of mouth and seeing friends with them, I want a comcy brochure!!

15. bulzome

bulzome New Member

herd of a bloke that was used a cig alike got on you tube looked at cig alike's then saw an ego t review and an 601 epipe review so i placed orders for a epipe and an ego T starter kit

16. uhtvspa2u

uhtvspa2u New Member

friend introduced it to me before, i comghed at him saying if you want to smoke, man up and have the real one. i guess it was the 'preaching' introduction that put me off.
    few months later i was reading up the story of bryan curtis after seeing his photo on my cigs package, poor fella, God bless his soul but his death isnt in vain. he has knocked some senses into me and i believe he had touched lots of others out there. i read more about ecigs and started asking more questions about it. my friend was happy as he felt he has converted me and upon my research, i came across WP.

the rest is history

17. jzojecaewl

jzojecaewl New Member

Heard about it from friends, but only tried it for the first time when a buddy of mine showed it to me. Never was a believer, but slowly got sucked in more and more to the idea of trying it out.

It's been a love affair ever since and I've not looked back :)

18. weablexy

weablexy New Member

My other half started vaping after watching/reading about it. He started talking non stop about it (still does lol) and then started getting me to try all the different flavours, especially when he makes his own and wants a second opinion. From then he gave me an eGo-T when he upgraded, got me a nice purple stardust and filled it up with redbull strawberry juice and I went from there.

19. varepsilon

varepsilon New Member

Saw a guy using one in a hotel pool - asked about it, sampled it and was keen to buy - he gave me his website but the sites nonexistent lol. A couple of taxi drivers offered them to friends but I never had the luck of striking one.

It took me a couple of years to actually bother to google ecigs and after one dodgy ecig I found a great PV and the wonderful people at AVF, especially Ozzie who gave me f2f guidance.

20. Travis

Travis New Member

I saw a discussion about them on qgl.org with a link to these forums. Started reading all the success stories people had with vaping and decided to give it it a shot. My bedroom now looks like a meth lab.