Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How did you come across ecigs for the first time

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by Wing, Sep 19, 2015.

1. DARRYL D

DARRYL D New Member

Katherine Heigl was using a SMOKESTIK, that was the first one i got, becomse of her.

2. Your Teeth or Mine?

Your Teeth or Mine? New Member

My comghter got worried about my getting Sinus infections repeatedly that were making me very sick and after watching me sign my self out of the A&E at the Hosp so I could have a smoke,knew I had to give up, Trouble was I liked smoking But she had seen a lady using an Ecig at her work.
    She got me one for Christmas and asked if I would use it, she told me to close my eyes and imagine it was my analog one
    and I to her amazement I am still using it and trying to get her partner to , I Have now been using mine for 110 days, and no sinus problems!.

3. Analnaips

Analnaips New Member

a guy i'm subbed to on youtube always smoked during his videos, then one day, his cigarette had a blue light on the end of it.

a few months later i decided to start looking into ecigs...now i think my nic intake has actually increased.

4. pogo2k

pogo2k New Member

Know what you mean there Smash, I never thought i would have moved from 16 mg to 24 and the thing is never out of my hand ... wonder what it is?
    I haven't heard anyone else saying it!

5. Mike A

Mike A New Member

It's becomse you don't feel sick using it all day, like you would if you chain smoked.

6. elias15

elias15 New Member

Yeah your right CCC they would have me on a ventilator by now if this was tobacco
    a lot of people used to complain and say I chain smoked anyway
    thats why they haven't thought it strange that my e cig is in my hand all the time
    anyway after looking at the poll for how many mls do you vape a day ...not worried now! LOL

7. BAMM

BAMM New Member

Not in the options but a Facebook add got me in to vaping.

8. MrjohsonVN

MrjohsonVN New Member

Ditto! Mine was a Facebook link to a company called "Cigarti".. they are good looking ecigs but shit quality by any standard... still it's what got me started.

9. itarrieli

itarrieli New Member

i am on blardy tapatalk atm, cant see the vites, wasnt there an online one ?
    big fail if not..
    sorry

10. xxkinbon

xxkinbon New Member

Current Votes for you Stoney:

Saw it on TV (news doco etc) 8 5.16%

Saw somebody using one 24 15.48%

Discovered it via the whirlpool forum 28 18.06%

Discovered on some other forum 8 5.16%

Some random google event 17 10.97%

via ebay or online store 5 3.23%

via a market stall or shop 8 5.16%

other or via word of mouth 57 36.77%

11. xtina

xtina New Member

bluudy hull Stuney moit cen't ya spall carrictly? It's that missing finger right? :p sorry haha couldn't help myself :)

I guess it would come under Other ;)

edit: yowzer almost been a year for me!!! woot

12. uniquejason

uniquejason New Member

hello guys. I started vaping about a month ago. A saw a co worker of mine using an eGo-T and that was the spark. It's great to be able to vape anywhere, no more ashes, bad smell etc..

13. 604

604 New Member

Hi madman, welcome to the forum.

14. FootFanatic

FootFanatic New Member

It was my doctor that first told me about them, he said some of his other patients had succeeded in quitting the smokes. I did the research myself he hasn’t helped me with that but he very pleased with the outcome

15. hoinnaPab

hoinnaPab New Member

heard it a few years back. decided to reseach it last year and try it out.
    Started with an ego-t.

16. qtejmor0s

qtejmor0s New Member

I first heard about some gimmick where the packet had some sort of wireless transmitter which would identify other people using them in your vicinity, and it totally turned me off the idea. I just thought it was some wanky status symbol for fashion victims.

Then I watched a series of 9 youtube vids from a guy called cozzcon , who convinced me that it was a genuine alternative to smoking, and that got me intrigued. I was then greatly disappointed to realise there's a whole lot of politics around them incomstralia. It seems nothing is easy in the nanny state.

I recently sourced a Health E-cigarrette locally (cartomiser style) which I'm very impressed with. I got a Joye 510 as well, which tastes like old boot, so I'm either doing something wrong, or I've got a fake.

17. jochanan

jochanan New Member

A friend of mine had an e-cig which he bought after seeing his brothers. Took me a couple of weeks to decide to give it a go myself and since then, I've been wondering why I waited to try it. Haven't smoked a cigarette since the day it arrived! Saved mega bucks and can breathe so much better. An amazing little device with so many hidden benefits. I absolutely LOVE it!:cool:

18. M.O.A.B

M.O.A.B New Member

I came across ecigs one day when i thought there must be a better way to quit the nasty sticks. I looked around me and thought with all the gadgets i have ( mobile phone, xbox etc..) our technology must be up to speed in this world and i was sure as sure that our country was hiding some electonic device that could help us smokers..... Well i was once again 2 weeks in to the give up smoking plan ( on patches) so my rational thinking was a bit out there. So i started thinking battery powered something. Didn'nt expect to find any information , then i came across another lady from canberra on a savings thread who had ordered a 401 from china and she was having some success with it.
    I slept on the idea for a week. Then pulled the trigger and got me one. It broke within a week , i went back to smoking while waiting for the replacements and the next week i gave up the smell sticks for good. There was a lot of trial & error, spent a good part of it over at ecf, had a bad experience on another thread and now started participating more over in this forum. Have'nt looked back since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. b-fat

b-fat New Member

Mate in Canberra got one in 2008 from someone who had come back from China on holiday in. I was interested in them and decided to give it a go after doing some research in December 2011. Now after 3 months of use and results I plan on staying on them for the remainder of my nico addicted life. First kit was a Ego-T and now I have a Lavatube on the way and planning on stockpiling parts and juices. Im hoping they become more accepted and sold and produced locally available over the counter at retail outlets. Im also hoping the govt is not dumb enough to ban them and force people like myself to smoke or try patches again for the millionth time.

20. the tax lady

the tax lady New Member

I heard about them years ago in a bar conversation. I thought they would be flash in the pan technology. Then I saw someone at work vaping a set up he had for years. I decided to look it up on YouTube and haven't looked back since.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2