Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How did you come across ecigs for the first time

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by Wing, Sep 19, 2015.

1. qcbaeouxbf

qcbaeouxbf New Member

I was using those crappy things from like the $2 shop or market....obviously that wasn't working. I found I was smoking heaps more with those.
    A friend in the Music industry(as I am a singer in a metal band) sent me links to a couple ofcomssie vendors for the gear & where he got his nic juice from.
    I did about weeks worth of research watching Grimm Green & P.Busardo vids on youtube until I got a basic understanding of what I needed. BOOM
    Started with a 510T kit along with some cartos. Within a week I was onto an ego kit with some clearos. Not being huge fan of clearos bought some carto tanks & that's about where I am now.
    Just upgraded to a Vamo & a Protank. I still use my carto tanks & have most of my basic knowledge of how, what, where etc.
    Looking into RBA's soon I guess & some Big Batt mods soon.

2. Lissa

Lissa New Member

My GP suggested I look into them......and look into them I have :)

3. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Well, the first time I encountered e-cigs was with a friend of my husband. He wasn't really a smoker of traditional cigarettes. He just wanted to get into this group who uses e-cigs and so he purchased one himself. That was how I got to see a real vape and see how it works. He explained to me what are its parts and just how you can use it. Since then, I've been a vape user and has never looked back.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    I actually had a roommate in college who introduced me to ecigs and I have been a user ever since. I used to smoke pretty heavily and I used them as a way to quit smoking. They did not do the trick by themselves, and it was really a combination of a bunch of different things - including just some miserable nights - but they did help with the cravings. I do wish that everything was a little cheaper though, but maybe the price will drop someday.

5. 33bretthuda33

33bretthuda33 New Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Heaven's Lube White Horse (Vanilla Yogurt)
    I actually got into it after vaping some cannabis. I was with a friend and we were smoking a cig and another friend showed us his vaporizer. I was like, couldn't you do the same thing with cigs? So low and behold, I've been a vaper ever since. Both with my weed and tobacco.

6. JenP

JenP New Member

Device:
    Apollo
    Juice:
    Menthol
    My father-in-law bought us the Apollo pens for Christmas 2 years ago. They are pretty good pens, but the mouth piece threads strip very easily.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I've been a smoker for a number of years now, and to be honest even though I've thought about quitting in the past, smoking is actually something I enjoy doing, so my heart was never in it.

I started vaping at Christmas when my partner bought me a starter kit. She said at least give it a go and I can still maybe get the same effects of smoking, but in an healthier way!

8. Jade Cowan

Jade Cowan New Member

Device:
    Fuse Vaporiz
    Juice:
    Watermelon
    I came across ecigs when I started seeing people walking around with them. They were becoming popular and I decided to buy one.
    The first one I bought was a very cheap ecig and I broke it when it was in my back pocket and I sat down. Now that I wanted to stop smoking cigarettes, I bought myself a more expensive one and I am proud to say that I havent touched a cigarette for a while now.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I know quite a few people even now that are still struggling with the cheap e-cigs you can buy instead of spending a little more and getting a decent one.

Most I know are new to this, and are trying them out to see if it helps them cut down, but I know a few that won't spend that amount of money on even the cheapest vaping kit, as they say..."for that price I can buy a few packets of cigarettes"...they don't actually get the concept and the fact that in the long run, they'll be saving money.

10. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    I started by watching a cool youtuber I'm subscribed to, vaping. Then, I started doing my research and bought all my gear. I've since completely stopped smoking cigarettes!

11. MiMi

MiMi New Member

Device:
    e-bull
    Juice:
    mint
    I went to pick up some hookah flavour for a friend's pipe then I saw the e-cig behind the counter.
    Decided to try one out and that was it.

12. npatel2

npatel2 New Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1 165w
    Juice:
    Tiger Stripe from True Drips
    I was first introduced to ecigs about a year ago when my friend bought me a real basic Eleaf 40w setup. At the time I had been dipping daily for about 3 years and I was really starting to see the effects that it was having on my oral health and I wanted to quit, but I didn't know what plausible alternatives there actually were out in the market. Thank god for my buddy stepping up and helping me out with finding an alternative to tobacco, its been almost 10 months dip free and I feel great.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I also find it interesting that even though there's quite a few adverts and promotional campaigns around about vaping, most people have only actually switched on the advice of a friend, rather than these adverts.

Word of mouth, and people just giving it a try are the main ways that people get into vaping, and it makes me wonder if it's worth them even carrying on with their campaigns.

14. dihewe

dihewe New Member

Device:
    510 bullet max
    Juice:
    I love cookies
    I just got curious about it to be honest. I saw it as a safer alternative to smoking. I was somewhat reluctant to smoke when I turned 18 because of the health concern but still wanted to try it. I actually smoke now occasionally and it's no big deal. But anyway I went to Wal-mart and started buying packs of Fin disposable e-cigs. I really enjoyed those for what they were. Alot of my friends really dug it and they were pretty fun to just carry around. I think they're actually cheaper now than they were when I would buy em regularly. That was my first foray into it, though. Definitely gave me the desire to go bigger.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Gaping is certainly becoming more and more popular, and I think that can only be a good thing.

People first try it for many different reasons, but whatever that reason is, the more people that do, the better it will be for the industry not only in the short term as a passing fad or trend, but in the long term.

16. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    Funny enough, I found out about it on Pinterest and started researching it. I eventually lost interest due to all the confusing terms that I encountered, until I came across a Vape shop in Shenzhen. I bought my boyfriend a basic model and now hope to learn more, to get him a better one.

17. JerPostr98

JerPostr98 New Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    VapeWild E-juice
    Hello, I am fairly new to this forum. I came across e-cigs because a couple of my friends were talking about them. I sort of brushed it off at first but after a while, they caught my attention. It was probably accumulative attention over time from multiple sources. I decided to give them a try and now I love them.

18. Morgan Wood

Morgan Wood New Member

Device:
    Kangertech Subox Mini
    Juice:
    Juishy Arctic Grape
    I have always been interested in vaping. I started out with a "bitch stick" a few years ago. When I met my boyfriend 7 months ago, he was (and still is) really into vaping and building his own coils and making juice, etc. He introduced me to vaping and I got my own mod. I really love it.

19. Davienna

Davienna New Member

Device:
    E-cigarette
    Juice:
    Orange
    I saw it on a tv ad and recommended it to my boyfriend at the time because he was smoking too much. When he bought it I tried it and actually loved it. So I then decided to get my own. I am trying all other flavors except tobacco which is pretty good for me right now! I feel like I am finally achieving what I had set out to.

20. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    I have heard about e-cigs on Reddit and I told a good friend of mine about them. The next day he bought one and a few weeks later I had one as well! I started with bubblegum and my all time favorite is Mint Ice Tea.