Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How did you come across ecigs for the first time

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by padun, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Texas Chic

Texas Chic New Member

i saw a guy with some weird smoke looking things at the shopping centre, told hubby about them and he got interested spent a bit of time googling and looking on you tube, then he went off to work and a package turned up from NZ he'd bought some green smoke kits i was completely Not interested in giving up my alpine fine's thank you very much. but i'd run out..coincidence i think not! so i tried one (got a head spin from puffing on it for too long) but nearly 2 months later i've only had 3 normal smokes, all of which made me really sick so now here i am all curious about the other types of esmokes :)

2. reiliem

reiliem New Member

My first exposure was a stall in a mall in the US. I was sufficiently skeptical that I made no attempt to actually check it out, until a while later when I thought, "What the hell." Unfortunately, they were closed up before I got back. The idea kind of sat in the back of my mind for a while, until 18 months later I saw an off-topic conversation about juices on another forum. I did some googling shortly thereafter and impulse bought an expensive and fairly mediocre elusion start-kit. I don't regret the decision though, be.comse it was good enough that it inspired me to better things.

3. VinnieC

VinnieC New Member

I think I first saw them on one of those local deal sites and thought I'd try them, I went through a couple brands though before I found one I liked, there definitely is a difference between each brand and the cheaper/dearer ones

4. twixxy

twixxy New Member

I had been thining of giving up smokes for a while but was scared coz id failed so many times, then i saw a friend with one, asked a few questions and ordered a starter kit :)

5. Buddyern

Buddyern New Member

yeah i heard from a family member that they were trying to quit, and were using a new approach. it didn't work for them but it got me thinking...this year has been a year of rejuvenation and quitting vices and it was time to think bout quitting the stinkies. i asked how they went with their approach and they had failed. i asked to try it and was given an ego t and ce2/3 clearo. i know there are issues with it but i used it for two weeks and was hooked. gave up smokes for those two weeks. moved on to my twists and now using a kanger t3.

i dun think i've ever researched anything as extensively as this. and i still dun feel overly informed. this forum and others have been a boon. you guys rock.

6. Jan de Vos

Jan de Vos New Member

LOL... Anyone see the film The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie? Early scene on a train... He asks her if he can smoke an e-cig... a few months later I was wanting to quit cigarettes (again) and hit the web to see what he was talking about. Several orders from a US website and about $100 p&h later and I'm a happy chap.

7. zdlskyuwr

zdlskyuwr New Member

Through one of my online friend..

8. Teefuk

Teefuk New Member

Always noticed them on dx.com and whingepool forum.

9. Takamagi

Takamagi New Member

I saw them on an online shopping website, thought they looked interesting so I started a bit of research

10. vtbqtneiokaq

vtbqtneiokaq New Member

My son tried to get me to try them over a year ago someone he knew was using them, then about 6 months ago i got a random email that was selling them so i decided to research them a bit and came across a site and bought a set then bought some juice and nicotine and well i haven't looked back. I started vaping every second ciggy until my pack ran out and for about 2 days i felt a bit wierd then i was fine then about 2 weeks ago the eliquid i bought the person forgot to put nicotine in it and i didn't realise until a week later as i felt a bit wierd for a day so now i don't need the nicotine anymore so that's even better.

11. agigeolowralo

agigeolowralo New Member

I was using those crappy things from like the $2 shop or market....obviously that wasn't working. I found I was smoking heaps more with those.
    A friend in the Music industry(as I am a singer in a metal band) sent me links to a couple of canuk vendors for the gear & where he got his nic juice from.
    I did about weeks worth of research watching Grimm Green & P.Busardo vids on youtube until I got a basic understanding of what I needed. BOOM
    Started with a 510T kit along with some cartos. Within a week I was onto an ego kit with some clearos. Not being huge fan of clearos bought some carto tanks & that's about where I am now.
    Just upgraded to a Vamo & a Protank. I still use my carto tanks & have most of my basic knowledge of how, what, where etc.
    Looking into RBA's soon I guess & some Big Batt mods soon.

12. flashgamedev0406

flashgamedev0406 New Member

My GP suggested I look into them......and look into them I have :)

13. Blake

Blake New Member

Kudos to you and your GP :)

14. crongock

crongock New Member

I saw an article in the local paper about a study reporting that ecigs were as effective as NRT for quitting. That got me thinking and here I am - vaping mad with an ego twist.

15. aires69uk OFFICIAL

aires69uk OFFICIAL New Member

i collect cigarette lighters, have for years. then it expanded gradually to all smoking paraphernalia over the years. so i bought an electric cigarette to add to the collection. tried it, loved it and then went to a clearomizer and stopped smoking tobacco 5 weeks ago now. a purely accidental move.

16. Estuapsattine

Estuapsattine New Member

I started when my brother was trying to set up an canuk distribution site for a Chinese mob which got killed by the ban on importing wholesale nic. He had a bunch of samples he couldn't sell so gave me some. What a revelation. The pack of stinkies I had that day was the last I bought. Quick trip through 510s and stardusts to VV/VW and mech mods, Love my new I-clear30....tried low ohms on gennies...my world is a fun place for me. Playing with DIY juices now....is there no end to the pleasure available to us?????

17. Occavaisp

Occavaisp New Member

It all started be me having a car serviced at a dealership. While I was waiting I smelt this great cigar/pipe smell from a salesman. It brought back memories of my pipe days. When i enquired what he was "smoking" he said it was an ecig and was trying to give up smoking. When i got home and told my wife she said she knew of it from surfing the net. From this we decided to look into it. After some Google searching we bought a starter kit and some juices.

18. carla

carla New Member

At a friend's wedding; the photographer was a good friend of the groom and he pulled out his contraption and explained a bit about it, got me thinking. Thanks .coml, if you're reading this!

19. Britney

Britney New Member

Saw a work colleague sucking on a joytech 510 tank sytem ecig, curious as hell I asked him "whats that?" End of Story!!! My world was transformed in record time. I got what he had. After the first day it was obviously no going to work. More power, more steam!!!!!

I see it as my DUTY, to show every cancer addict that I see, what I am doing!!!!!! And to inform them about Vape.to!!!!
    Gresh11

20. Shirou Okumura

Shirou Okumura New Member

The first time I heard of ecigs was back in early - mid 2007.

It was... not under good circumstances. Let's just leave it at that. In spite of the rude and jarring manner in which I found out they existed, I did like the look of the tech, and would have liked to have given it a go (not for the quitting, but for the flavors) were it not so expensive. Due to "circumstances" I wrote ecigs off and completely forgot about them for a while.

I ran into ecigs again around late 2011 - early 2012. Saw a thread crop up on another forum, poked my head in for a look. Saw the advances in tech, photos of shiny mods and cool looking tanks, and the huge array of flavors now available. Immediately went out and bought a 510-T kit, spare tanks and attys, an Ego passthrough, some cartos, and about 5 or 6 bottles of Chinese liquid in varying strengths. Intended to dual use, but ended up quitting tobacco entirely in the first 2 days instead. Totally accidental, but whatever :).