Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How did you come across ecigs for the first time

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by padun, Sep 20, 2015.

1. kobrakerileska

kobrakerileska New Member

What a rip off.. she didn't play 'hide the PENIS'??

2. fxzd6fhuubv

fxzd6fhuubv New Member

I came across it on a Birthday Party..

3. Dipielay

Dipielay New Member

My first exposure to 'ecigs' was via an ad on the side of a website I often visit. It had a pic of a cig-alike and some 'smoke' coming off it, with the slogan 'ever heard of vape'. Like most ads on the sides of websites, I didn't think much of it. It just seemed cheesy and a bit of a scam to be honest. Then my wife's cousin mentioned that he bought an ecig from the markets and it helped him quit. I reluctantly tagged along to have a look. The guy was selling something that looked like ego's with a charger for ~$30. I was interested, but I felt uneasy buying something from a guy who was set up next to another guy selling those 'balance bracelets' that athletes made a hoo-ha about a while ago. On the other side of the ecig seller was a guy selling iPhone 5's, at a time when the iPhone 4 was about 3 months old. This all made the ecig seller look even more dubious so I left, after buying several boxes of pop-tarts.

Then, last week, I went to my local Thai takeaway to pick up some mouth wateringly delicious Pad Kee Mao, I noticed some brochures for ecigs. I had a look again out of interest and they looked a little more believable than the others that I had seen in the past, but the images of sexy women in sunglasses vaping made me immediately think it was another gimmick. It was a 'Buy these and gorgeous women will want to have sex with you' kind of thing.

This time though, I was a little smarter and googled 'ecig canada' to check out what all this ecig business was about. This was when i found Vape.to, the sub-reddit and pbusardo. Suddenly, ecigs, now know as vaporisers or PV's or mods or batteries in my head seemed much less gimmicky and gave me real hope of replacing analogs (i was going to write cigarettes but that word seems taboo with vapers so i'll stick to analogs) along with a hobby that I would really love.

4. helpme

helpme New Member

Wow Nuclear you found a lot of crap marketing, I've never seen anything like that, I feel slightly ripped off that my knowledge was all word of mouth and seeing friends with them, I want a .comcy brochure!!

5. gibson_sg345

gibson_sg345 New Member

herd of a bloke that was used a cig alike got on you tube looked at cig alike's then saw an ego t review and an 601 epipe review so i placed orders for a epipe and an ego T starter kit

6. ethelfrolyanni

ethelfrolyanni New Member

friend introduced it to me before, i .comghed at him saying if you want to smoke, man up and have the real one. i guess it was the 'preaching' introduction that put me off.
    few months later i was reading up the story of bryan curtis after seeing his photo on my cigs package, poor fella, God bless his soul but his death isnt in vain. he has knocked some senses into me and i believe he had touched lots of others out there. i read more about ecigs and started asking more questions about it. my friend was happy as he felt he has converted me and upon my research, i came across WP.

the rest is history

7. binasymnJinia

binasymnJinia New Member

Heard about it from friends, but only tried it for the first time when a buddy of mine showed it to me. Never was a believer, but slowly got sucked in more and more to the idea of trying it out.

It's been a love affair ever since and I've not looked back :)

8. hudsongray

hudsongray New Member

My other half started vaping after watching/reading about it. He started talking non stop about it (still does lol) and then started getting me to try all the different flavours, especially when he makes his own and wants a second opinion. From then he gave me an eGo-T when he upgraded, got me a nice purple stardust and filled it up with redbull strawberry juice and I went from there.

9. mynewnick

mynewnick New Member

Saw a guy using one in a hotel pool - asked about it, sampled it and was keen to buy - he gave me his website but the sites nonexistent lol. A couple of taxi drivers offered them to friends but I never had the luck of striking one.

It took me a couple of years to actually bother to google ecigs and after one dodgy ecig I found a great PV and the wonderful people at Vape.to, especially Ozzie who gave me f2f guidance.

10. lialgace

lialgace New Member

I saw a discussion about them on qgl.org with a link to these forums. Started reading all the success stories people had with vaping and decided to give it it a shot. My bedroom now looks like a meth lab.

11. bolgaufrncesy9023

bolgaufrncesy9023 New Member

Now that i think about it, someone on a forum mentioned them a couple of times. I thought he was pulling my leg. When the packet changes came in, the smoke shop near work shut down...to be replaced by an ecig shop. It was only after I saw a few people walking aroiund with them (and sick of the price creep) that I gave them a go. Ego and T3 (which leaked all over the place lol)

12. happypeanut40

happypeanut40 New Member

My first exposure/sighting was random and a half!

I saw a photo of a weird looking thing (pale pink ego t2), looked rude frankly, on a friend of a friends facebook wall, came through to my feed through a comment. Had a squiz, did some googling, got back up on my chair and have never been the same since!

It is a totally .comnting gigantic vaping world out there. I described it to friends as a giant secret cottage industry. Huge yet under the mainstream view.
    This forum has been super helpful.
    Started out with a whizz bang kit from V2, moved on to dripping it, now on the ego and waiting on bcc clearos to arrive next week.

Loving vaping now :D

13. Invulnever

Invulnever New Member

a mate got one off a daily deals site and let me have a try
    thta is how i came to see the light!! :)

14. reiliem

reiliem New Member

My missus bought one and left it laying around the house. After failing on patches, champix and all the rest I kinda viewed it as the next trick of the month useless waste of money. Eventually I picked it up and gave it a run which led to my first cigarette free day in decades after having done the first day I knew that if I had a smoke Id have to go back and have another first day. Im now nicotine free as well as tobacco free and the stop smoking thing has turned into a hobby.

15. Google Help

Google Help New Member

I vaguely remember seeing an add a couple of years ago, probably online. It was however the newspaper story on the Age website a couple of months ago that .comght my interest. They mentioned this forum, which I checked out, and thanks to all the great information available and helpful members, here I am today.

16. acdeco

acdeco New Member

When my boss called me into his office to have a look at something I was a little hesitant. I was after a promotion so I went ahead.
    After he pulled it out I was a little shocked. I asked what it was, he told me and motioned for me to give it a try. I stuck it in my mouth I found out I really liked it. Sure the taste was a little strange at first but now I love it and can't get enough.
    Not a day goes by without a good Vape....... What did you think I meant
    Still didn't get the promotion though.

17. barbamatt

barbamatt New Member

lol vreidisgod :) I tried a couple of years ago with an elusion cigelike piece of crap, it didnt really work well for me at the time. This time around I started doing my research and came across Vape.to - you guys have saved my life (well potentially anyway) The advice etc was brilliant and now like everyone else I am hooked. lol only been doing this for a few weeks and am already looking at tanks and cartos etc and the next greatest thing!

18. K T

K T New Member

My brother told me about one he seen on YouTube so I went to every tobacanist here and bought a peace of poo Ecig but I noticed I did cut back on the cigs that day so spent the next week doing some research on vaping and eventually landing on this site,the next day went to one of the vendors listed here and .comght a kit and haven't touched a smoke since,have converted 5 other people onto them also in the last week,may not be nic free and may never be but am loven vapen and allready starting to feel better beeping off the cancer sticks,so I think this may very well of saved my life and many more.cheers

19. glinio

glinio New Member

I went to the UK for Christmas and .comght up with some old friends. One of them vaped. Initially skeptical the seed was planted. After several failed quit attempts back at home I caved and got an ecigarette. Not looked back since.

20. BobbieLiu

BobbieLiu New Member

First heard of them many years ago when about the only thing available was a cigalike.

Years later a friend had a hooka with some nice tobaccos and I really enjoyed it. I recently decided that I need to ditch the analogues but I still like the nicotine and the act so I decided to investigate via reddit and here I am.