Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How did you come across ecigs for the first time

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by padun, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Sweeptats

Sweeptats New Member

I was watching a review on youtube about a notebook....the guy reviewing was charging something I didn't recognize and it was an e-cig...I only thought about it when I relapsed and started smoking again a year later....so I brought one.

2. layetry

layetry New Member

The first ecig I've discovered were the blu and it was actually from an adult website:friendly_wink: years and years ago. However did not get a taste of ecig until a work colleague started using it about a year ago

3. primo292

primo292 New Member

Strangely enough my .comghter got one and I asked her about it, then went hunting on the web to find out all I could and then got one a Ego-T CE4 and then got my wife one as well and now we are all vaping and not smoking. :)

4. kralwons

kralwons New Member

Johnny Depp in 'The Tourist'.

That was the first time I ever saw/heard of e-cigs.

5. user12

user12 New Member

First E-cig I saw was almost 2 years ago on a Youtube clip, I started looking into it from there but never serious enough until this year.

6. purplecrazyy

purplecrazyy New Member

Googling the legality (or illegality as it turns out.....) of growing my own personal tobacco plant. Was somewhat ticked off that we appear to be the only country I know of where you can't. Somewhere along the line of research I stumbled across a vape reference. That was a few weeks ago. I have seen someone at TAFE with one since so it seems I was going to find out either way. :)

7. lynnezt60

lynnezt60 New Member

I was at a BBQ and a mate that I haven't seen in a while was there and broke out a tank and mod and it got me curious. As a truck driver and smoking ciggies as a kid goes through a pack of tic-tacs, and with many fails on nicotine supplaments to try and help me quit I though what the hell. So I researched it and did some math and saw the savings I would be saving over time even if I bought a new piece of gear from time to time. From that point I started on an ego with a CE4 just as a trial to see if it was my thing, then jumped into a Protank III (should have researched that a little further as it wasn't all that much better since I now know what an airy RBA can do. Current favorite is a Magma RBA for sitting at home and my Fogger v4 for going out for any great length of time.

8. Duc

Duc New Member

I was on holiday in Los Angeles, and my cousins took me to a vapebar...

9. Polly <3

Polly <3 New Member

2010 my wife mentioned it to me, I thought are you on something- the next year did some research ordered a 510 kit doublers and some DIY Supplies, didn't workout.... Had a recent health scare....needed to do something about the stinkys has enough supplies still to last me about a year lol, now I'm addicted to shiney things :)

10. cta-music.com

cta-music.com New Member

My mum mentioned them years ago but I wasn't that interested... and then last week I was at the tobacconist's, buying my usual, and I saw those disposable flavoured e-cigs, thought, "What the hell, will give it a go," and bought one. I'd been off cigs for over a year and took it up again last October when the ex and I split, and had been planning to get off them again. I went online for information about e-cigs... and discovered the world of vaping. Bought myself an Ego starter kit and some juice, then a friend of mine gave me some juice she'd been sent from a friend of hers in the States... and here I am. I've already made a few orders of my own and got more stuff on its way in the mail, too...

11. lowngo88

lowngo88 New Member

saw advertisement on a website by accident, i think it is interesting, so bought it by myself, and gonna to buy one to my father.

12. znsrsisxxw

znsrsisxxw New Member

Good luck, I hope he likes it!

13. rUpCfZkGbX

rUpCfZkGbX New Member

I think he will love it, for it is a gift...

14. Milly

Milly New Member

The Whirlpool forum probably saved my life, if not it sure has saved my wallet.

15. lkepler

lkepler New Member

A work mate pulled one out at lunch time and explained this thing had nic in it too. I'd also just started seeing the non-nic flavour sticks in servos and other shops so I just decided to do some research. My mate then tells me about a bricks and mortar shop where I can buy supplies and that afternoon I was vaping. A big thanks to the guy who filled my tanks for me so I didn't have to wait for my liquid to arrive.

16. naskatomas

naskatomas New Member

I saw a biker at a biker cafe (motorbikes and coffee my father who was here at the time loved it -I found it cool but their coffee was just ok). I asked the woman about the device and she told me what it was and that she was ordering the juice flavour in from NZ and the nic from the US. That was the last I saw of e-cigarettes for about 2 years. Then I saw my local tobacconist had the trial ego kits and zero nic juice that was about 1½ months ago. I mentioned this to my father in game (he's living in the UK and we play mmo's together to bridge the globe). He said that was fantastic as he had been using a kit for about a month, he sent me a bottle of what he was enjoying at the time and after that arrived I bought my trial kit and have been smoke free for around a month. (mind you that sample from my father is dwindling and my nic base is still sunning it's self in Miami :( )

17. Josh M

Josh M New Member

I had been a smoker for 28 years and tried numerous NRT with some disastrous side effects that saw me rushed to hospital with severe chest pains and what they and i thought was a heart attack till ecg showed my chest walls were spasming be.comse of a reaction to Zyban. That scared me straight back on the stinkies , and have been on Horizon Red 16mg for the past few years.Hubby is a non smoker so i have always smoked outside for 25 years of married life , and although i did manage to get off them once for 3 months it didnt last.
    Came across e-cigs surfing the net late last year and decided to try a simple Greensmoke kit with prefilled cartomisers at 2.4% as my stinky habit had increased dramatically since being a pedestrian victim of a speeding 4 WD who did a hit and run while i was crossing with the lights, and being thrown into the workcover cesspool since Jan 2013. Have been dual using for the past 6 months , and Hubby doesnt mind the vaping inside, and being the only smoker in a group of friends was difficult, so the vaping was much better socially for others.
    Only found out recently that GS were stopping shipping to.coms so put a few big last orders in and decided that i needed to dive into the cheaper alternative of DIY, and ditching the stinkies altogether. Have only just ordered my first evod starter dual kit and got my first parel of nic juice from US delivered yesterday. Just need to get myself some diy equipment &bottles and start discovering the wonderful array of flavours. Its great being able to ask questions of others here , and everyone is really helpful in sharing their knowledge.

18. Vampy

Vampy New Member

A friend got an Ego a year or so ago, but the fact that he paid about $100 in a B&M put me off investigating further. About 6 months ago I met a few friends that had a few different vapes, I ordered one from China for $40 that a friend recommended, along with about 10 different juice flavours, and really liked it.
    Within 2 weeks I was already ordering RBA's and Mechs, and beginning to explore premium US juice vendors.

19. kenguru

kenguru New Member

Dude at work two weeks ago.
    33 Years a smoker, 20 a day tried to quit many a time... I have not had one cigarette since my first puff on the "e juice".
    I am currently using a Kanger Mini Protank - II with 2xEvod batts, got a charger USB/wall adaptor and 30 ml of nicotine juice. The dude made some $$ on the side on me but OK, I have already saved a couple of green backs on smokes!
    B&H Tobacco flavor nicotine juice I got with my first prchase is doing the job although its a pox flavor.
    Have ordered some spares (entire mini pro tank2, batts, pirex tubes and coils. Also, rum tobacco Eastern tobacco and other tobac flavors from Mount Baker Vapor US)
    Looking to mod with variable batt and an mini aero tank from kanger. Also exploring the plethora of flavor options other than tobacco.

I am addicted to a new toy and I don't care that for now, I am still hooked on nicotine but I will never light up an analog smoke again, no more lighters, no ash trays , no yellow teeth, gross breath, stinking clothes and hair, SOOOO MUCH BLOODY CHEAPER AND NO TAR! :cool-new:
    Bit of a no brainer.

20. gadresm

gadresm New Member

A mate at work tied me down and forced one in my mouth, never looked back (only been 5 days but I'm hopeful)