Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How did you come across ecigs for the first time

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by padun, Sep 20, 2015.

1. biohazard

biohazard New Member

A guy at work had a ciga-like, I thought it was amazing. He got it from Altona market or something..
    I suss'd them out with google and brought my first Ciga-like kit from TotallyWicked..
    Then i found Healthcabin. As soon as i saw the prices on HealthCabin i totally palm faced over the price i payed for the kit from TotallyWicked...

2. Gamatoni

Gamatoni New Member

saw some dudes at a new place i started work at an thought they were smokin bongs,they had bald heads an dodgy gotties an i was jealous,uv there gotties i mean,hehehe,an yeah one dude had this mad twin handgrenade lookin thing,am still waitin to this day for him to give us a go....hehehe...billyboy am gonna miss you an your shenanigans,but thanx brutha

3. Clement Lassalt

Clement Lassalt New Member

It was about 3 years ago now. I had a partay and a friend of my wife brought a long an cig-e-like with a case full of different juices and numerous cartridges .... Iwas fascinated by them and kept reminding myself to keep an eye on them too see if they improve or change....
    Obviously they have and am now confident enough in them to place an order and get Vaping :D

4. rikki

rikki New Member

Basically to give you a bit of background info without boring you,I was a regular smoker for the best part of 20 years,In late February this year I had suffered 3 heart attacks and 2 strokes (Im lucky to be here!) and I was told that if I wanted to live I had to quit smoking or die,yeah FF...g chance I thought, I had tried patches and all the junk in the past,nothing worked until my best mate got me into "Vaping" by ordering me a $20 chinese cheapy,gave me a bottle of juice and rest is history,I quit overnight with 0 withdrawals and I am now totally smoke free and alive and owe it all to ecigs and my mate! I have since upgraded to a pro tank2 and some other vaping goodies, thank you all for such a great forum,now I am on a mission to convert anyone who is willing to listen :kiwi-fruit:

5. stormDX

stormDX New Member

First came across vaping about 4 years ago when i was in the UK. Some random guy was selling cigalikes in a cafe and i bought one with a few packs of carts to give it a try (in fact i still have it sitting in a drawer). As you can imagine the technology 4 years ago was so far from what it is today. All in all it didn't work. Like many people here i've tried Patches, Lozenges, gum, hypno, etc - all of them did not work for me, or at least only worked for a short period of time (less than a month).

It was almost a month ago i tried Vaping again as a workmate mentioned he ordered stuff from greensmoke and said it gave a throat hit like a cig. So I thought i'd give it another whilr and ended up buying another cigalike from Elusions. It was from research i realised how far technology had gone, and almost immediately also ordered an ego twist starter kit. The cigalikes i tried for about a day (wasn't a fan of these), and then switched to the Ego's which definitely worked for me. Since then it's been almost 1 month since having an analog and no looking back. The only problem now is i'm so intrigued with all the vaping gadgets!

6. inspike

inspike New Member

Give your mate a pat on the back! Not only are you probably prolonging your life, you're also improving your quality of life! Hope you're well and truly on the mend now, sounds like you had a rough start to the year.

7. PedReemsRaw

PedReemsRaw New Member

Whirlpool thread before they closed it down, bout 2 years ago now.

I did fail the first time, went back to smoking then decided fk this i don't want to do it anymore, got a spinner and had no issues quitting (VV FTW).

Best accident you'll ever have.

8. urbicek

urbicek New Member

I was given some primo seats to a basketball game which was being attended by some sales knobs from Victoria. One of them had an e-cig and offered it to me to have a toot.

I did, and was less than impressed.

Since then I have seen more and more of my colleagues using them at work and I decided to give them a crack. Haven't smoked a durry since. :)

9. Goddess of Nuts (PBUH)

Goddess of Nuts (PBUH) New Member

I to have been a pack a day smoker for the last 33yrs. I tried all the NRT stuff to no avail. Then one day about a month ago I noticed a guy at work blowing what (at the time) I thought was cigarette smoke. After approaching him to see if he was smoking in a non-smoking area, he showed me what it was and asked if I wanted a drag. After that moment the rest is now history:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

10. lhlhzdlbbi

lhlhzdlbbi New Member

I was looking for kindle info on the WP gadgets forum and saw a thread on E-Cigs. I thought this is a joke then i started reading and it blew my mind. I read about 100 pages in one go!!I told my other half and she .comghed and said "as if there is such a thing". That was a few years ago and as soon as I got my e-Go kit I didn't touch another smoke for 8 months :)

11. nuclearbroods

nuclearbroods New Member

A guy in my online racing league (Doc who is also a member here) was talking about them one night on Teamspeak, around the same time my wife quit smoking for the umpteenth time. Then she went to Cairns for a week's holiday and stayed with friends. When she came back she told me about the friend who had one, raved about it and sent her home with some e-cig links and a bottle of DK4. She got home, I got online and ordered an eGo starter kit and haven't looked back. Now got 4 EVOD/eGo Spinners, a heap of juice bases and haven't had a cigarette for nearly two months (neither has the wife).....the longest time without smoking since 1983.

12. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Was travelling through Europe and EVERYONE was vaping!

13. anetaeswifta4855

anetaeswifta4855 New Member

Visiting a mate in hospital last week after his heart attack, he showed me his 510 and I tried a puff. Shame he gave up stinkies in Nov and bam 2 months later has a heart attack....

14. reis

reis New Member

Just over on Whirlpool checking the old ecig thread where I started my vaping Journey back in Sept 2010.
    Seems I got a lot of advice from Stoney and PsycZERO..
    JatoOspry was very prominent on that thread also.

15. Zippy

Zippy New Member

Saw few people at work hanging out the smokers. At first, my initial thougths were, " what a w..er ,must be somekind of fashion thing". Several months later and speaking to a guy that I only knew from going outside for a smoke, I asked him a few questions and became intrigued and started to do a little research. I opted to go with a Kangertech and be.comse he had one. After seeing an Innokin iTaste VTR while at Vapourtron, I like their construction. Solid and nicely presented.

Looks who the w..er now..hehe

16. Tubsboova

Tubsboova New Member

I got sick of all the price hikes and thought I'd go looking for black market cigarettes on the internet. A few pages into Google I found Electronic Cigarettes. Couldn't believe my eyes and knew I had to give them a go. Haven't looked back since.

17. Anociamma

Anociamma New Member

A mate started using one and recomended it. Id had trouble quitting via other methods so ordered a couple of ego's and a vivi nova.

18. sjwanderer

sjwanderer New Member

I saw a workmate using one in the office (cig alike) and thought that was a bit of a lark. When I started looking around I found cigs and vaping was no joke. Bought a few things and found I liked it.

19. raiaowenkuus

raiaowenkuus New Member

Just followed your link for a quick look. Are you on the right forum. You talk about bud but we use liquid.

reported

20. MMOJonson

MMOJonson New Member

Initially found through a work mate a couple years ago but never researched further as he stopped using them and said they did not work. Then a couple months ago found someone selling an iTaste 134 on another forum (not vaping related) and was intrigued to what the hell it was (looked like a weapon to me). After having an extensive chat to the seller he put me on the right track and gave me a run down on what I needed to get started and that was that, I was converted.