Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

GOD 180 Mod

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by pittymaareya8839, Jul 24, 2015.

1. pittymaareya8839

pittymaareya8839 New Member

I picked up a God 180 mod the other day from a local supplier and wanted to share a couple of things that are coming to mind.

It seems as if high wattage is the current craze with some vapers, and I do understand that a lot of people prefer to sub-ohm, but after using this mod for about a week now, I can rightly say that I have no use for a mod that produces 180 watts. I spent quite a bit of time making coil builds to try and test out the capabilities of this mod, but I can't get over 80 watts, and 80 watts wasn't enjoyable. Heck, neither was 70, or 60 watts!!! And I'm not trying to make this about watts, but the question that keeps coming to mind:, "Who the hell IS vaping at 180 watts, and do they actually LIKE vaping at 180 watts?" As far as the rest of the features, I do love the battery life that comes with 3 18650 batteries, I do like the easy to read screen and the temperature readout of the chip on the screen, and I do like the feel of the mod in my hand. It's a big device, there's no question about that, but they did a decent job at making sure it was comfortable to hold on to and more importantly it's easy to vape. So with that being said, are there any members out there that are enjoying these higher wattages, lets say anything over 50 watts? There are many safety concerns that I have also, but I think we have gone over those enough in previous threads so I won't get into it here.

If anyone has any questions about this mod, I will be happy to answer them!!

2. Cersdeexhek

Cersdeexhek New Member

180 watts? Not me. Nor anywhere near that.

But it did seem appropriate that our Mod God has a God Mod.. :)

3. captgaston

captgaston New Member

I forgot to add that this mod was pretty much forced on my for review, I did NOT spend my hard earned money on it... That does make it a bit less painful...

4. legionfalls

legionfalls New Member

That mod is just STUPID! You are a retarded if you like to vape at 180 watts. Why even pay the money for that mod? you could get something so much nicer out there. I have been using an Atlas. Yes the Version 2 goes up to 60 watts and I would never use that. Unless you are a bone head cloud chaser that love annoy the public and other people you don't need it. (Toms not annoying, and he is not a cloud chaser either he just likes shinny objects.)

As you can tell, I don't endorse this mod at all. No way no how.

5. ElliottKelleyrcb

ElliottKelleyrcb New Member

I dont know 3 18650 batteries .. the battery life must be pretty darned good .. better then having one and recharging constantly... I think thats more so the reason that people are buying them rather then the 180 watts.. The 180 wattage is prolly more a talking point then any practical application

6. richardkk11

richardkk11 New Member

There is also a problem with B&m's pushing them on normal users. One of my neighbors had a guy tell him he needed one for his uses. CE-4's and Aspire's? Really? He asked me about it and I explained why he didn't need one and loaned him the ELVT. He was happy, then one day he was back on the God mod kick? "Well, I've got this thing up to 11 watts and it only goes to 15, I think I'm gonna need more!"
    Rather than beating my head against the wall explaining this again, I built a .2 ohm dual coil on the mega Omega (tons of airflow) and put it on the Hades with a fresh battery. I took it over, soaked it with his juice and after two hits he was done! I then explained this was 88 watts (no where near 180), and 20 amps in the coil, with an atomizer that is designed for this build! Then I had him try a CE-4 at 20 watts, he didn't much care for that either!
    We then got on Fasttech and ordered a 50 watt Hana clone, which I still think is too much, but seemed to make him happy for now.
    I don't know where the mentality came from that you need all this power? I get the cloud chasers wanting it, but I can't see needing it! My one buddy, that works at the vape shop normally runs .15 ohms on his builds with mechanical's, but even then it's 117 watts max, and he has 1/4" air holes in everything he uses! Too much for me, but it keeps him happy.

7. ZaGorka

ZaGorka New Member

Well, I have to say the opinions here don't surprise me. I'm not gonna go as far as to say your stupid for buying this unit. As Woogy stated, having 3 18650 batteries is NICE!! I would much rather purchase a unit that concentrated more on quality and features than to push 180 watts out of it and throw it on the market.

Like I said in the OP though, some of the features of this unit are very nice and I can see quite a few people that might be interested in this Mod. My only negative really is that it's 180 watts, and it is made rather cheaply. I don't know what these units retail for, but I would say it's worth around 70 bucks. (IMO) And like Sawlight mentioned, there really is no market for the wattage of this unit. There aren't too many ways to build a coil that can handle 180 watts of power much less still be enjoyable to vape.

Something that I am looking forward to though, My first DNA40 MOD, whenever that might be!!!

8. Faith S

Faith S New Member

Interesting thread :) I have often wondered if this whole high watt mod thing, is about the need that some people have to simply posses something with that much power, however impractical it is. We see it in many other areas of life, so I wouldn't expect vaping to be any different.

I'm a computer nerd, and build computers for people's specific needs or wants. I often am asked by people to build very powerful, (and often very expensive), computers, and I always ask, "what are you wanting to use it for?" Most people want a home computer to do very basic word processing, internet surfing, watching a few movies and vids, and a few games, and would be perfectly suited to a bog standard off the shelf unit, which would be more than powerful enough for their needs. However, they want a super high powered computer complete with liquid cooling, and every extra you can think of, just for the sake of having it, even though they never come close to using its full capacity. Its a status symbol, and one I'm happy to build for them if they're paying.

Same thing you see with cars, most people never have a need for the full capacity of power or speed of a sports car, but they like to show off that they have one :)

I guess its just human nature, me, I'll stick with my vamos, mechs and my DNA 30 clone, (got this to try it out from FT), I haven't even run my Vamo at full power. As humans we often confuse need and want, we all fall for the spin at some time in our lives, just hopefully it wont cost us our lives :)

9. Britney

Britney New Member

Well I guess a 180 watt mod would be just fine if you ever need to jump start your car in a pinch.

10. men_rg

men_rg New Member

I think the "retarded" thing might be a bit much. Misinformed maybe, but retarded?

I think that comment might make you a better candidate for retarded..... Just saying there might be a better way to address your concerns...

11. wagyhaf1z

wagyhaf1z New Member

There is no need for any of that power. It should have never of been produced or even dreamed of.

12. ANDREYsr

ANDREYsr New Member

What if I'm looking for a mini pocket welder you jackwagon. (edit, my original work wasn't appropriate)

13. scroobieha

scroobieha New Member

Welding wont work on your Power Wheels truck man. I hate to break it to you. Honestly, why is that much power so appealing?

14. Squeepe

Squeepe New Member

It's not, as I clearly pointed out in my OP. I'm not a big fan of these high powered units at all. There are MAJOR safety concerns when dealing within these types of wattages.

And just so we are all clear, Mr.Ecig and myself are just having a bit of fun with each other. It's our way of saying hi...

Your still a jackwagon....

15. bleatiept

bleatiept New Member

That amount of power doesn't make your man card any more valuable. But you know my stance on the wattage. Sally

16. Arcareenunk

Arcareenunk New Member

lol I call it the Toorack Tractor Syndrome :)

17. giCFCHDfew

giCFCHDfew New Member

Man Card? You really shouldn't be talking about man cards. Didn't you just order a blow up sheep doll recently?

Yeah, go ahead and explain that one dude...

I'm sure our members would LOVE to hear about it, that's right folks, bought and paid for by Mr.man-cardless himself!! FACT!!!

18. Bandon

Bandon New Member

Why don't you post a selfie with you and the sheep Tom? I bet the members would love to see that! It's cute everyone, His mom opened it when she checked his mail thinking it was addressed to her. Tell us more about it Nancy!

19. Broneeanegess

Broneeanegess New Member

Last I heard you had it superglued to the hood of your car...

Oh wait, no, that's what was GOING to happen with the sheep...

My bad!!!

20. Hedduerse

Hedduerse New Member

What ohm coil would you need to build in order to use 180 watts?