Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

first vaping related death?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by xxxmp4, Nov 6, 2015.

1. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yep, I have to agree with that, they are focused on growing the business, but they cannot forget that communication is something very important and they need to fight these needs with real data in order to keep their image clean.

missvape likes this.
  2. untitled

untitled Member

Device:
    Evic VTC Mini
    Juice:
    VG
    This fake news story with an unrelated picture happens about 1-2 times a year, anyone notice that?

3. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Yup, there's no doubt about that as well. But I think they haven't really been contemplating about this issue yet, the negative publicity stunts against them. Because if they are, I think they would have taken action by now. So it makes me think even more that business is still very good for vape companies or manufacturers. And in a way, I'm happy that these negative publicity stunts do nothing to slow down their businesses.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Sometimes ignoring them is the better option though, because if they do respond and maybe get dragged in to a war of words, then that will do even more damage to the vaping industry.

Like you say, at the moment the stories are going largely unnoticed and they're not having too much of an effect on business do maybe there's no need to doing anything?

missvape likes this.
  5. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    Just to be clear:

I did not say that smoking does not cause cancer. If smoking did not cause cancer, I would not be trying to quit after 25 years of smoking.

I said that nicotine itself has not been proven to cause cancer, but it is still harmful. I did include a couple of the proven side effects of nicotine. I should also point out that the warnings for nicotine patches, nicotine gum, and nicotine lozenges do not indicate that nicotine is a cancer-causing agent.

I said that other substances in tobacco that are not in vape have been proven to cause cancer. Most of these can be attributed to pesticides and how the tobacco is processed.

I am not saying that vaping is healthy, but I will continue to question unsubstantiated findings that are propagated in an attempt to further demonize vaping. The idea that nicotine in of itself is a cancer causing agent has yet to be proven adequately.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  6. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Many people say that what is important is not if someone talks good or bad about me, as long as they talk. At the end of the day it's free advertising and it's hard to believe that vaping causes that.

7. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    That seems pretty much legit. Traditional cigarettes manufacturers are surely losing some of the "audience" to those companies who produce vaping stuff. However, they might get it all back if start doing a new thing. Sure, their already established name will work for them.

pwarbi likes this.
  8. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    That's very true. Sometimes, it's better to just keep quiet than add more fuel to the fire which can happen when you say the wrong things. And with the vape manufacturers, they have chosen to stay quiet and just focus on their business. I think that's the best way to go, just provide us, the customers, with the best products that deliver great quality. Despite the rumours, we will continue to support them and buy from them as long as we know the truth to ourselves.

pwarbi and GamerLady like this.
  9. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yep, nothing like customer approval to keep moving forward. As long as vape products have quality, are safe and look stylish the vaping industry will just continue booming.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    It makes good business sense for the tobacco companies to jump on the vaping bandwagon as they know that people who used to be their customers are more than likely the ones who are switching over to vaping.

These are multi-billion dollar companies and the only way they'll stay that way, is if they change with the times. Cashing in on the success of vaping will be an obvious way to do that.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think the vaping companies will have learned from the previous mistakes of others who have tried to fight bad press instead of ignoring it.

In the past I think companies have instead of making sure they provide customer satisfaction and carried on regardless of what's been said, they've concentrated too much on repairing the damage that was caused by the stories in the first place, and in the long run that's had a detrimental effect on the business as a whole.

missvape likes this.
  12. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I find this strange because vaping hasn't been around for a very long time. If in fact there would be a vaping connected death it would be safer to start smoking again.

13. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Pretty much on the spot right there @Stopcigarettes, vaping hasn't been around long enough to cause deaths so this is just bad marketing, negative propagand against vaping. All we need to do is user our head to see it.

14. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Yeah, I think they really should focus more on their products. There will always be bad press, bashing and negative people for every product, website or blog there is. The good thing is, the more we ignore such things, the less they create such humours. They thrive on attention, that's the truth. So kudos to vape companies for creating excellent products and not minding the haters, lol.

15. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    I've heard of something called popcorn lung, but honestly haven't read on it, as the site was not very reliable, and I'm not one to believe what I read on the Internet. Vaping is not risk free, but it is a safer alternative. Stay safe everyone!

16. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    I'vе bееn vарing fоr аbоut а yеаr. I rеsеnt yоur rеmаrk аbоut "еxрlоding fасе" I оnly knоw оf thrее саsеs оf еxрlоding fасе invоlving fеllоw vареrs. I dоn't bеliеvе vарing wаs еvеn thе саusе аs аll thrее wеrе сhеwing С-4 whеn it hарреnеd.

17. Vanessa

Vanessa New Member

Device:
    eGo One
    Juice:
    Apple Snaxx
    I don't believe this at all. Like everyone else I think this is 100% made up and fake. I also agree that you can connect anything to anything ... like that old Simpson's episode "This is my bear repelling stick" "Does it really repel bears???" "Well, you don't see any bears around do you?" It's all just hype because it was a slow news day.

18. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
  19. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I can't even tell if it is real or fake? I see a lot of people saying that it is a fake story so I am assuming it's fake...

20. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon