Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

first vaping related death?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by xxxmp4, Nov 6, 2015.

1. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    That is quite true. It's just sad though that they are willing to make up stories like this when in fact, the tobacco industry has already killed lots and lots of people. Aside from that, secondhand smoke from cigarettes also kill innocent people. How about those issues, huh, tobacco manufacturers? Well, anyway, I guess since they have the money, they can make black propaganda against vapes. I just hope more and more people think twice before believing in these propaganda stories.

2. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    Now a days everything causes cancer, things we eat, the air we breath, yadayadayada. @oportosanto I absolutely agree with you about the the Tobacco Industry.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    There's always going to be rumours whenever a dominant market, in this case tobacco gets a rival it needs to contend with.

Vaping was a bit of a sleeping giant at first and I think the tobacco indmdustry didn't take the competetion too seriously. Recently though, with the rapid rate that vaping as become more prominent, they've had to do something to hit back, and quickly.

4. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    I don't think we can say for sure that there is a huge link between lung cancer and vaping at this point, because there simply isn't enough research to be able to link everything together just yet. It is a shame, and I do think that people should be careful about what they're doing, and remember that vaping isn't just switching from smoking - it is supposed to be something that you then cut back on in the future, rather than staying on it for the rest of your life.

pwarbi likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Gaping these days for a lot of people as become much more than that, a stepping stone from cigarettes to quitting smoking altogether.

For a lot of people now it's become more of a way of life rather than anything else and while the harmful effects (if there is any) haven't bren proved yet, what happens if they do prove there is? Where does vaping go then?

6. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I share the same thought. Vaping is a kind of solid competitor to smoking. Some companies may even pay journalists to write defamatory stuff on vaping. All that "latest research" and other similar shit. Don't buy into that unless you feel negative effects on your own.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Misinformation or strategically placed bad news stories are something that most things like vaping have to deal with, and people shouldn't fall for it.

Whenever a new thing threatens to upset the traditional forms of business, then they're not going to be happy.

8. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Unless they try to produce c-cigs as well. However, I didn't see any traditional cigs manufacturers do that.

9. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I think they might go even further. When we see researches made against vaping I think, who funded these researches and what were the goals to achieve? Many times it's not easy to see the whole scenario.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    At the moment they don't but in the future I think it might be something that they start to look at. A lot of stores that sell traditional cigarettes are now also selling ecigs and vaping equipment, so it stands to reason that the manufacturers might get involved along the way aswell.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    Well I would think that there are some people out there who are questioning the validity of the report and the presence of causality between the vaping and the cancer, but it is still a sad story regardless of the cause of death. I think that we all know that inhaling anything except air is bad, so there is really no shock here. I would just hope that the media does not jump on the story and make something more of it than it is.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think that'd what could make or break vaping in the short term, and while it's popularity continues to grow, just one major setback or newspaper article could do a lot of damage.

That's why I think the manufacturers of the vaping products might need to start to do more and come out to defend vaping more than what they do at the moment.

13. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I agree with that, vaping manufacturers need to come out more, but the issue is that most likely they have a hard time getting news space because they lobby on the other side is just too strong. This is just my opinion, but makes perfect sense in my head.

missvape likes this.
  14. Personablue

Personablue Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    Orange
    You can't be so sure about the cause of cancer. It is increasingly becoming widespread, and depends on many factors. You can't put the blame on just one factor and be done with. And nicotine where ever they are whether in traditional or vaping, its bound to cause side effects.

15. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I think, personally, vape manufacturers are focusing more on their products than publicity stunts. With tobacco companies, they have money to burn simply because their companies are already stable and known. With vape companies, most of them are just starting out and not even close to what tobacco companies are making.

Maybe what they need to do is stand together. All vape companies and manufacturers unite and defend their case. Although tobacco companies are powerful, if they can manage to defeat them at their game, they're bound to get more customers and clients this way.

oportosanto likes this.
  16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    If the tobacco companies can manage to cause a divide or rift between the vaping community then they're well on their way to winning the battle. Divide and conquer is the expression, and if the vaping manufacturers aren't willing to work together to first establish vaping before they start competing against each other, soon they might find that there won't be much of a market left to actually sell to anyway!

17. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    I don't believe that nicotine is known as a cancer causing substance. If you have seen research to the contrary, please share it.

Nicotine is proven to increase blood pressure and increase risk of heart disease, not cancer, and there are other substances that have been proven to increase one's risk of cancer in tobacco that are not present in vaping.

We are not denying that vaping carries risks, but we do believe that vaping does not expose us to as many harmful substances as tobacco does.

18. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 New Member

Device:
    Nicorettes
    Juice:
    Tobacco Cartomiser
    There was a story about someone who had their vape explode and burn a hole in their throat apparently. I can't help but feel like tobacco companies are making things up at times!

pwarbi likes this.
  19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say that you don't believe that smoking or nicotine causes cancer, as there has been countless amounts of research done to support that theory over probably about the last 50 years.

Smoking increases the chances of people getting cancer, there's no argument as far as I'm concerned. Having said that, I'm an ex-smoker for 20 years who as recently turned to vaping in order to stop or at least cut down, and it appears to be working for me.

20. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    More and more stories like this are appearing all the time, exploding batteries, poisoning from liquids, vaping is worse for you than smoking to name but a few I've seen recently.

As I've also said before, it does make me wonder who exactly is behind these stories that are being written, and while the facts of the story might or might not be true, they're certainly getting more publicity than other more serious news that's around, and that also raises my suspicion.