Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

First time you heard about e-cigs

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by genevb, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I actually first heard about it a couple months ago. The grocery store I was working at showed us a new product at the customer service desk, a new electronic cigarette and I was very curious about the whole concept as it was all new to me back then. I have been doing a lot of research and learned more about it in the months leading up to now.

2. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yep, I agree with you, we go to a store, we try it, that's something we cannot do online, so there's a little advantage there.

pwarbi likes this.
  3. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    I had a friend who vaped and he said it was amazing, and that he had managed to stop smoking completely. So it made me think that perhaps this is something that I would be able to do too. I gave it a go, and I soon realised that I was able to cut back and save money at the same time - and in addition to this, the flavours are all a lot nicer than the horrible smoke that I would have taken into my body in the past! So vaping does seem to be a much better option in general, and something that I am very happy to have done!

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'd imagine that's going to be a similar story to most, as a lot of people do struggle when it comes to stopping smoking cigarettes, and they'll see vaping as an alternative that they haven't tried.

When you see people that have been smoking longer than you have manage to quit because they've started vaping, it certainly gives you that incentive to try and do it yourself.

5. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That's the beauty of it, we see those long time smokers changing and we feel we can do it too and thanks to vaping!

6. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    Probably when the blu e-cig came out in around 2009(?), anyway, I thought it was a nice alternative to hookah and bought one then.

7. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Like a billion years ago, but it was all those stupid ones that looked like cigarettes but robocigarettes. Vaping is totally different than those days.

8. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Oh, I remember those, I think I've first seen someone with one of that and I definitely thought it was a cigarette, there was no way someone would've convinced me it was not, until I got close to it and I've seen it was made of plastic. Oh God, I miss those days, nowadays everything looks so fancy and complicated.

9. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yeah exactly, you know what I mean. Those were considered so crazy back in the day, but vapes are just more true to what's really happening inside of the machine. They're still...kiiiiiiinda the same thing, but vaping is so much more sophisticated compared to those days

10. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    The first time I heard about e-cigs was way before vaoing came along. They were those weird metal cigarettes that look like one-hitters. I thought they were so weird.

11. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Yeah, it has become much more sophisticated, and it's almost that you can't find two identical vaping devices.
    I also thought they were so weird, along with everyone who had one or used one, I was like why can't they just fall into the line with the other smokers, they think they are so cool and so much better. I guess I was a pretty big hater back then.

12. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    It's a different concept, but that's another thing on their favor, they call out attention and make people intrigued about vaping.

13. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury New Member

Device:
    None
    Juice:
    None
    I read a story online about it. Apparently it was an alternative to smoking cigarettes, a bridge to quitting smoking, and for some they just take it because they still don't want to take real cigarettes. I was interested, to say the least. It was an interesting invention, as it is a subtler cigarette, and it is a healthier one too.

14. cig93

cig93 Member

Device:
    various
    Juice:
    apollo
    I think I saw someone using one when I was a kid. First I thought it is some kind of hookah.

But then It started to gain popularity especially in eastern europe, where I live and now a lot of people are vaping too.

15. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

Device:
    Pen Style
    Juice:
    Apple
    At first, I though it would be another stupid idea and nobody would buy it and support it. But after experiencing it myself and learning more about it, I definitely became a fan. There's still very few information about it, but we'll get there.

16. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    And that is a life lesson, never judge anything before you actually try it and get to know it.
    I also happen to live in eastern Europe, but so far I can't remember anyone vaping back when I was a kid (I'm currently 20), I remember that first time I saw someone vaping it was about 4-5 years ago, and back then it was incredibly rare.