Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

First DIY, concentrate percentages?

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Neroâ„¢, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

bought a bunch of concentrates and diy gear, i have capella and flavour west concentrates, what percentage do i use?

2. U.F.R.

U.F.R. New Member

hmm the juicefactory website has a vague recommendation myabe ill just shoot for that, just mixing single flavors atm.

3. maykin34

maykin34 New Member

I normally just use the middle of the ranges given on either JuiceFactory or Juice Wh*re website . . . and adjust from there . . .

4. sensible_man

sensible_man New Member

thanks, thats what i was thinking, ill try that

5. samuelis2

samuelis2 New Member

just mixed up 2x30ML bottles at 4mg nic with max vg, how long should i steep before trying?

6. Neottetom

Neottetom New Member

Depends on what the flavours are, fruits 4-5 days, tobaccos 10-14 days, creams 14+ days. The longer the better, mix, shake like mad and shake every couple of days if you think of it. To test them you could drip a little now as a dripper gives more intense flavour, just to see what they may be like when steeped, if there is stuff all taste now there probably won't be much more taste at the end of steeping, if the taste is strong now then at the end of steeping it will be very strong, remembering this is dripping not in a tank.
    have fun and vape on.

7. roaleClouri

roaleClouri New Member

cool thanks

8. Bill P

Bill P New Member

9. hepBoova

hepBoova New Member

I mix at around 12% (concentrate). I always mix up 5ml samples, drip straight away to get a feel for it, then again in two days and again in a week if I like it after a week I will.mix a 50ml bottle. When u drip straight away you will get the flavors but it'll be kind of subtle thats just be.comse its a fresh mix. After a couple of days the flavors start to take and u can just aboit picture what it'll taste like and after a week most things will be steeped enough to give you the full taste of what your going to get, other than creams and custards but they get fuller with a good steef so if its not quite custardy after a week it will.more than likley just need more steeping.

10. babykiller96

babykiller96 New Member

For super concentrates i mix at 3% for anything standard i mix at 10-15% fruits i think are good to go right away.... anything dessert/bakery few weeks of steeping... i always try mine right away to see if its any good right out of the bottle and then ill leave it if its not considered a good vape... btw i mix 10ml bottles of my first concentrate of that flavour, see if i like it then ill make a 50ml bottle from then on...

11. Killchain

Killchain New Member

sweet, all good advice guys, ill try the apple flavour i mixed and see how that is.

12. prathikraj@ymail.com

[email protected] New Member

damn my first mix is really good! very happy (flavor wes red apple)

13. coratomamiki

coratomamiki New Member

Woo Hoo well done, really into mixing and matching flavours, get some intersting results :tongue:

14. bstad74

bstad74 New Member

thanks! yep its gonna be along road of experimenting, and saving money at the same time!

15. xxjav2012new

xxjav2012new New Member

whats the deal with food colouring? some juice that ive bought before has had colouring added, is this just regular food colouring from the supermarket? is it bad for you? does it gunk up your wick/coils more?

16. Cassandra F

Cassandra F New Member

Food colouring????? Why would you??? You're going to vape it, it doesn't need to look pretty. I would very much hope it's not the same colourings as you get at the supermarket, god knows what's in them. Some brews start clear and change colour with steeping and others are naturally coloured due to the ingredients. Personally I wouldn't touch anything that was artifically coloured, why add more chemicals??? We are a bit of an experiment anyway, vapings long term effects, while it appears they should be none or minimal compared to smoking, are unknown so no extra unnecessary additives.
    All I know is that for me vaping has improved my general health out of sight in a short period so I am going to continue with it.

17. heidigh

heidigh New Member

yes i agree totally, i do not plan to use any coloring myself, i was just wondering why and how others do be.comse some of the juice ive ordered from the USA definitely have coloring added to it, was just curious.