Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

EPM Carto Tank

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by xtina, Nov 14, 2015.

1. xtina

xtina New Member

ok, up front, this is my part of a contractual obligation, eric contacted me with 'I'll send you a tank if you compare it to the SS liquinator' .. here it is.
    Always prepared to do that btw :)

going to call the SS liquinator the SLQ for brevity..

First impressions where its a pretty tight little unit, a originally thought a little too tight, but addition of some drops of juice sorted that out pretty quickly. I was sent a Maltese cross based design, its not a true maltese cross as it misses out the indents in the sides of the cross arms. just sayin..

Eric has guaranteed these tanks against reaction to any juices, a pretty bold statement but thats what he says, so thats a good thing. I don't have any juices that destroy tanks anyway that I know of, well I might (atomic cinnacide comes to mind) but I ain't going to destroy a LQ to find out. Lets just say that guarantee is in place and you will be safe as opposed to wondering whether it will destroy a LQ and having to be .comtious. Thats a reason in itself if you like the odder juices and are not sure of reactions to the tank.

The EPM came with a chunky ming type SS driptip with a silicon O ring, really tight fit originally but seems to have bedded in nicely. I was not sure of it to start with and was going to fit my favourite delrin. Decided for review purposes to leave the SS tip on though and now I glad I did, once you get used to it, its a very nice design. Be.comse of the depth of the cut under the tip, you can get more angle between the lips and the ecig, I hold the provari more vertical than I ever did with the more straight tip. This is only my second ming style, the other was a cheapy plastic one that has a bit of a taste to it. This one like all metal tips gets the dreaded deposits, but a quick wipe gets rid of them easily. I suspect the delrin gets exactly the same deposits but they are removed each puff .. I _think_ I prefer that but not knowing what the crud is .. I am not sure.

I have only been using it with one juice, which I was also using in the liquinator, even with a new carto I think that the flavour is a little cleaner in this tank, there is a very faint plasticky taste I think with the liquinator. Its very faint, it may even just be the metal driptip compared to using a delrin now I think about it. I honestly think the flavour is slightly different, whether its tank or driptip or different carto I really can't say.

Visual impression of this thing is pretty good, my missus fist reaction was 'oh wow, thats cool' .. she never says stuff like that with my ecigs, generally just get an eyebrow rise, so thats something, she said my SS liquinator was 'nice' in comparison.

Tne EPM probably holds a little less juice, I am saying that on a visual thing .. I haven't measured it, one thing is its shorter than the SLQ, this means that the top of the carto sticks out the top of the tank by a fraction of a mm, in the SLQ .. the top of the carto is a mm or so within the top cap, this mean that fat drip tips will plug straight on.

Tne top caps on the EPM I thought they where metal, it is very very hard plastic. Until removed from the tank though I could not tell it wasn't metallic. Tapping it with a fingernail, it feels metallic. Once removed the weight gives it away of course. I had a quick play and found the SLQ tops fit on the EPM but not vice versa, that looks pretty sexy. A completely metallic looking tank. I only tried it for a few seconds and it may leak I think, it was obviously smaller diameter. Just had to try it. That in itself shows that the EPM has a larger internal diameter than the SLQ though, so perhaps volume is not down much anyway.

Its easy enough to see the juice level until you get down to the dregs, harder to tell when you only have a few drops left, but its I have enough experience with tanks to know when its due for a top up. Eric seems to have the O ring bite pretty well sorted, I couldn't say which is tighter on the carto, both are pretty well perfect. The plastic liquinator is not in the league of either, no comparison in appearance and is annoyingly loose on a SS boge and annoyingly tight on one a carto with the wrap on, its been relegated to the bottom drawer.

If I had neither, what would I buy ,,,
    If I was concerned about juices .. no brainer, get an EPM. Apart from that I guess it depends whether you want a metal tank or metal top caps. I much prefer the driptip that came with the EPM than the one with the SLQ. The only other metal drip tip I liked this much is a titanium one I can't find at the moment. So I guess its personal preference. There is more metal visible on the EPM. Its probably a quite a bit lighter than the SLQ if thats a concern. I like both .. time will tell which I use more, at the moment its the EPM and I think it will be my tank of choice.

I know this sounds a bit biased but its as truthful as I can be, I told eric I wouldn't be telling fibs before he sent it .. I meant it. So I guess he is confident that his tank stands up to what he knows that I think is the best out there, I think he is right though I would love to see it with SS caps.

[video=youtube;vvnoOhJkcIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvnoOhJkcIY[/video]

2. pasqui

pasqui New Member

Nice review, Stoney. So that's what you mean by good things come to those who wait! ;)

SS end caps would be good.

10 points for most tank swaps in 30 seconds too!

3. asdkfasdkf

asdkfasdkf New Member

Stony did you ever find any SS end caps to fit the EPM tank? I got a 3ml and love the look with the stainless covers but I really hate the look of the black end caps on my pink provari. Doesn't quite match my setup and would love to have SS or some type of silver cap to fit. Any thoughts?

4. CHRISTINE I

CHRISTINE I New Member

5. Totalledo

Totalledo New Member

tbh, i gave up on the EPM after a few weeks, its ok to see tank volume when half full but when low it was virtually impossible.
    I much preferred the look of the SS liquinator after a while.

6. Oriessume

Oriessume New Member

i think we need to do a fundraiser for stoney. help him afford a portable text to voice machine...poor mute bastard.