Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

EM and Menthol Crystals - how to mix?

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Idendayu, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Idendayu

Idendayu New Member

Hey guys,

so pretty new to the whole DIY scene... Got my first big batch of juices from Tom at Juice Factory last week and have been having a blast coming up with some tasty recipes that I hope to eventually perfect and share.. (Virtually all super concentrates, for those looking to do it the cost effective way)

I also got some EM and Menthol crystals, and while I know the thing is to dissolves them in some warmed PG, I'm not sure quite what the quantities should be (I want to mix then all down into a bottle for ease of use down the line)

Do 10grams of crystal roughly equate to 10ml of solution? Once cooled do they try to revert back to crystal from?

Any help would be appreciative.. Esp on the EM, I've got a few blends atm that I think need some lifting...

TIA

2. tanzanite

tanzanite New Member

Putting your juice bottles in a sonic cleaner will quickly dissolve the crystals

3. Exoxiavop

Exoxiavop New Member

Well its a good thing I have a half dozen sonic cleaners around the house then! =P

I was just going to dissolve it in a hot water bath, that should work right too yes?

So is it 10g crystals to make 10ml?

4. generaljackass

generaljackass New Member

Hmm, If you put 10g into 10ml then adding 1ml of premixed EM would = 1gram of EM added. I dont know of any exact standards to use though. Adding it 1m at a time would make it easy to replicate your results though, so if you where to write down a recipe it would not read the ml amount of liquid added, rather the weight of the EM. Experimentation will let you know the % of EM to add. JF sells liquid EM @ 10-20% i beleive but i dont know how they come to those figures. Mayby weight of water compared to weight of crystal but dont listen to me.

Sonic cleaner is a very worthwhile investment if you are into DIY as well as cleaning atties.

Mayby ppm of EM compared to pg? I would like an answer to this too.