Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

eGo Twist and Vision spinner questions

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by icoz6haubca, Dec 23, 2015.

1. SandyStorm22

SandyStorm22 New Member

Some more images

2. sweetie-pie

sweetie-pie New Member

A good thing your technical skills are better than your photographic skills. ;) lol

3. JewelChen

JewelChen New Member

This bloody pinhole camera is due for a upgrade.

4. ElvinaJacobson

ElvinaJacobson New Member

I have never seen a pic from Robray that wasnt blurry. :):):)

5. agibaevna

agibaevna New Member

You got to work really really hard to upset me margy. (Least I post pics!!)

6. Exoxiavop

Exoxiavop New Member

It is pretty hard to upset anything that is anaesthetised Robray :):)

7. Hayden G

Hayden G New Member

Well things are coming together with the eGo twist. Its all removed from the tube, connected up, and vaping well. No pics of that as Stoney will give me a slap!!

I have decided that a remote firing button is the way to go, as this will allow the circuit board to be buried, and the switch to be located away from the board. For an old dodderer like me its not going to be easy. I have two options. Try and unsolder the tac switch, or pop the guts out of it and direct solder to the contacts inside the body of the switch.

Neither option is easy. Anyway popped the top and now looking for a way to probe the contacts to establish what to solder to. Anybody had one of these in bits? The switch in the images is a spare one, and not the one on the twist board.

I know the wife has some sewing machine needles kicking around which may be handy to connect to the multimeter leads. Those contacts are farking tiny!!

Stony, any suggestions??

8. Josephine

Josephine New Member

Well I eventually bit the bullet and managed to bypass the Tac switch on the twist board. Took me a while to pluck up the courage to solder the jumper wires, but whiskey prevailed to stop the shakes!!

Discretion being the better part of valor, I decided to leave the switch in place and just solder to the surface mount contacts. Reason being that with my limited skills, I would likely end up with a scrap board as I would be hard pushed to remount the switch should things go pear shaped. The two red wires to the left are the additions.

Found the wife’s sewing machine needles, so made a set of leads small enough to find the correct points to fix to.

What I have now is a set up that will allow remote positioning of the firing switch in any enclosure or mod box. Looking to use a 1400ma camera battery to make it go, so should be fairly small setup.

Still thinking!!!!!!!

9. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    I have had problems with these kind of batteries in the past. Actually they are my very favorites to use, but I have had issues sometimes with the top part coming undone and the wires pulling out. I've had a few where the on/off button actually just came apart and/or fell out when this has happened. NOT fun! I kind of resigned myself to having to buy new ones every now and again, but I would love it if I could learn how to fix them myself!