Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Easy DIY Customization

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by fdog, Jul 9, 2015.

1. fdog

fdog New Member

So I've found somewhat of a solution to a dilemma. This doesn't just affect mods, but toppers as well. I love them but soon after I feel like it's time for a change. Well, my desire to tinker has helped me prolong the desire to change.. somewhat.

First of all I started to torch all my clones. It's not that hard but I don't have patience and I wanted everything to look perfect when I was done so unfortunately this never progressed to the authentics.

[​IMG]
    (Torched helios , ended up with a sweet torched tip that matches perfect not pictured)

[​IMG]
    (Launcher and multiple rdas torched, snow wolf done as explained below)

For authentics, I wanted something a little less permanent in case I messed up. I love my Fat Snow Wolf absolutely to death but it is just so darn plain. The thing that bugged me the most was the engraved logo and how it just didn't stand out at all. I'm a very outdoorsy person and half the reason I bought the Snow Wolf was the wolf on it. The other half, maybe more, was the fact it was 26650 which I was in the market specifically for and the contacts. So I took some of my wife's black fingernail polish, coated it over the whole area that was engraved then took a cotton ball with some acetone on it and proceeded to wipe across it until I had the result I wanted. A couple weeks later and so far it hasn't worn one bit. I'll show the original image because that's the only one I have. Note: I wanted it slightly worn and not perfect looking and it came out exactly how I hoped if not better!

[​IMG]

I love the sandblasted look so I've been thinking about getting a cheap media blast kit online. I also love hydro dip graphics and they are cheap online. Please show off your diy mod modifications and help some of us tinkerers get new ideas!!

2. aevesusasd1070

aevesusasd1070 New Member

Hello BOB your DIY customization looks very nice to me. I am new to world of vaping so can't help you out but your post has assisted m e lot..