Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.
  1. Hey guys.
    I got my mutation x v3 today in the mail, so I decided to give it ago and everything tastes like crap, I did a 2 coil .4 ohm build and tried a few flavors and they just taste like chemicals or a faint Taste using the same wattage on my kangar sub tank. What am I doing wrong?

2. alnats

alnats New Member

Depending where you bought your wire it may be alittle dirty so torching it can remove any machining oil etc. Also when your rolling your cotton make sure your hands are clean as whatever you last handled your wick will taste like. Boiling your cotton and leaving it to dry might help. It could also be the juice as a chemical taste or pepperyness can be the nicotine coming through,so it might be that your juice needs to steep for a few days especially for creamy flavours.

3. Arelitart

Arelitart New Member

I brought premade coils and I'm using a istick 50. I am using 12mg nicotine in my flavours.

4. Maybe using to thin a wire .comge and too small diameter coils? Are your coils heating evenly? Wicking enough? Maybe it's too hot for the juice you're using? Maybe you're just not into RDA's and prefer the flavour of a tank. 12mg seems very high for an RDA at 0.4.

This proliferation of sub ohm tanks and the move to lung hits and RDA's has many newer vapers assuming they are better than mouth hits and RTA's. It's just the current trend. If it suits your vaping style then great, but it's not everyones preference.

Try 3mm ID and minimum 26g wire, if not 24g. Can you close up one set of air holes and run the v3 single coil? Perhaps try a single coil at 0.8ohms instead and see how you like it.

5. rodger_1990

rodger_1990 New Member

Wash the atty... Thoroughly.

This means removing all o-rings, etc., and preferably a sonic bath. If not an old toothbrush and some elbow grease should remove any contaminants and then start with a single coil. Ensure its lighting up evenly and slowly take it from there.

Once you get the single coil setup working well, and after months of reading and research, then attempt the duals.

However I prefer the research to come first.

Good luck mate.