Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Dripping.

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by amoubmack, Nov 1, 2015.

1. amoubmack

amoubmack New Member

Hi. Ive just starting having a play with RDA's. I have a Patriot Clone and a Mutation x v1. My first build was single coil twisted kanthal (which came pre twisted) and came to about 1.6ohm. Now i tried the mutation last night with a duel coil 28awg 6wraps. Came in a .5ohm. But im not overly impressed. 6mg nic blew my head off so i dropped 0 nic but something still doesnt feel right. Flavour is ok but im not blowing huge clouds or anything. Any tips or builds you can offer to a beginner for the mutation or patriot. Not sure if dripping is for me, may stick to the sub ohm tanks.

Thanks.

2. diplom_sales

diplom_sales New Member

I'm still really new myself but maybe it's the way your wicking it? Also what pg/vg ratio are you using?

3. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Im using 50/50 Blend. Im wicking with Rayon. Twisting one end then feeding through the centre of the coil. Not to loose but not tight.

4. Kobra

Kobra New Member

Clouds???? .. MOAR VG FOR DEM CLOUDZ!!!!

Maybe try a 30/70 mix or 100%VG

But im not really a cloud chaser, as long as Im getting the hit, its enough

5. sacromonte

sacromonte New Member

Pics and more info would help.

Generally its best just to start off with a standard single coil as a lot less can go wrong. Sub ohming is not required.

A lot of common nooby mistakes are not lining up the air holes with the coil directly - this can .comse a lack of flavour, lack of vapour and intense harshness. Could also be issues with wicking, too much/little cotton.

6. dan 1

dan 1 New Member

Ok thanks. Will post some pics tonight. As both my rda have air holes on either side i didnt think a single would work to well. I also lined the coils up with the mutations huge air intake.