Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Do you vape in restaurants?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Pablo Diaz, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    Banana Flavored local brand
    Never. Even when it's allowed in coffee shops I'm much too self-conscious to think about taking a drag. Coffee and vaping (or smoking) always go hand-and-hand... but I try to limit myself to vaping only where I'd smoke- which is away from any foot traffic and never in public places or businesses.

missvape likes this.
  2. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    I don't get why you would have the need to vape in restaurants, it's just strange to do so with food. However, I feel though with others being around you it would cause a scene and not everyone would be comfortable with the spoke near their food.

3. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    If it's not restricted and people around me do not care = sure, why not. It has nothing to do with smoking.

4. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Hmmm...I don't smoke even in coffee shops. Maybe outside but not inside since not all coffee shops here allow it. But with vaping...I haven't tried it yet. I guess I'll see the next time we visit Starbucks, lol. Though the overpriced coffee makes us stay away from it. If not only for their coffee jelly frappe, I won't be going there anymore.;p

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    While we are all agreed that vaping isn't smoking, in a lot of places, especially here in the UK the no-smoking laws often apply to vaping also, so we don't generally have the chance anyway.

Most coffee shops, bars, restaurants, shopping centres and even sports stadiums have re-worded their no-smoking policies to include any forms of electronic smoking devices also.

6. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    While it's obviously not smoking, I think it's about personal respect. The smell may annoy others around you. Heck, it makes my girlfriend cough and gag when the smell is too sweet, so while it doesn't have the same scent as cigarette smoke, it can still be annoying to those around you.

Aside from that, it's new and people are uniformed and think it's bad for you. I think as more time goes on, the general public will realize it's pretty harmless if you're not using it.

7. Chris_A

Chris_A Member

Device:
    Aspyre
    Juice:
    Custom
    I definitely do. Unless someone complains or tells me that it is against restaurant policy, why not? It`s not like I would light up a cigarette or something.

8. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    I do vape in restaurants. Especially when eating out with my girlfriend and we're in a retreated place. No one said anything to us, so we will do so while we have the chance!

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I do think there's a fine line here between doing what you want because you can, and respecting other people.

Some have said they will vape in a place, but they wouldn't dream of smoking a cigarette there but I'm not sure why they see it as being any different? Smoking affects others mainly because of the smell, but so will vaping. If a person who doesn't smoke or vape is sitting at the side of you, they wouldn't want to smell of vanilla just like they wouldn't want to smell of nicotine, or am I missing something here?

10. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    I agree with this. Would you start citing rules and codes if another table nearby asked you to stop? What if it was a in a rude manner? Sometimes people are affected by smell heavily, up to and including the loss of appetite. My girlfriend gags when she catches a whiff of someone vaping something sweet.. and that's outdoors. Lots of people are modest about 'saying what they feel', especially in parts of America- so they might not tell you if it is bothering them.

I think it's important to not alienate others for something that we can do on-the-go, and nearly anywhere we want- especially since we're the generation that's part of the boom of this product.

pwarbi likes this.
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think that's it, it's all about respecting other people, and I was the same as a smoker aswell. If there wasn't an area for me to go and smoke that was out of the way of others, then I simply wouldn't smoke until there was.

While a restaurant might not say that vaping isn't allowed, there's obviously going to be other people in there that don't vape, so why put them in that position of them asking you to stop?

12. OkeyDokeySmokey

OkeyDokeySmokey New Member

Device:
    Vuse
    Juice:
    Cinnamon
    I have never vaped in a restaurant, but that is mainly because all the restaurants in my area are non smoking establishments. I have often wondered if I did vape in a restaurant if the management might ask me to stop or leave. I honestly think it would be harmless enough, but I know many in society do not understand that vapor is much safer to inhale than actual smoke.

13. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Sure, it depends. I won't be vaping beside a person that means something to me if he/she is not comfortable with that. The same thing with strangers. I'm not addicted to vaping that much and sure can wait for a while.

14. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    A good thing to mention is that all of the restaurants here are pretty cool with vaping that have an outdoor setup in addition to the indoor. It's pretty much a guarantee that you can whip out your mod without hesitation just so long as your outdoors, indoors you get funny looks though for sure

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'd imagine that most restaurants that have an outside seating area will have a different policy when it comes to vaping than what they will indoors, for obvious reasons.

It all for me just comes down to respecting who's around you, and if I was sat outside surroundeed by people who didn't vape or smoke, even if it was allowed I'd still feel uncomfortable.

16. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Outdoor places for vaping are awesome, especially if some vapers use flavored stuff. Whereas, places for smoking are gross.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    There's definitely a huge difference between smoking areas and vaping areas, even tho in a lot of places they're classed as the same thing.

The smell is totally different and its only when you stop or cut down smoking that you can actually smell the difference.

18. kiesha

kiesha New Member

Device:
    vapor fi pro 2
    Juice:
    cherry cola
    I personally would not feel comfortable vaping in restaurants where people will be eating I believe in having respect for people everyone may not be open to vaping just yet and still people would prefer for them not to be vaping all over their food and space.

19. kiesha

kiesha New Member

Device:
    vapor fi pro 2
    Juice:
    cherry cola
    Yes, I totally agree I would not want the flavors from my vaping and from my food to mix together that would just be disgusting and nasty.

20. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    Wismec
    Juice:
    Eros
    Had Italian Wedding Soup yesterday with Peach Yogurt :) wasn't as bad as it sounds...