Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Do people care about health mostly when vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Hedonologist, Feb 17, 2016.

1. MiMi

MiMi New Member

Device:
    e-bull
    Juice:
    mint
    Yes, this entire forum is to help educate people trying to quit smoking by vaping, mostly as an healthier option to smoking.

2. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    Banana Flavored local brand
    I know some are interested in it for budgetary purposes. In states like New York and Florida, they've put heavy taxes on cigarettes, making them quite the luxury. You can buy a decent kit and enough liquid to last a month for the price a carton of cigarettes. Sometimes it's a combination of health costs and real-life costs.

3. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    I know a family member who switched due to both the health effects along with the smell. They started as a kid still living in their parents home therefore they had to be cautious when smoking. And anyone who has smoked cigs know how hard it is to get the scent off your clothes.

4. Anthony King

Anthony King New Member

Device:
    Sigeli 150W, Arctic tank
    Juice:
    Crunchberry from MtBakerVapor
    The health concerns for vaping vs analog cigarettes has been had many many times, but the actual RESEARCH points to the same conclusion. Vaping is much safer.

http://vapeaboutit.com/study-finds-conclusive-evidence-vapor-is-safe

http://blog.casaa.org/2013/08/new-study-confirms-that-chemicals-in.html

Those are just a few articles. I personally think there is a lot of money being paid to make people think it is more hazardous than cigarettes. Tobacco is a huge industry, but that might just be me being paranoid. Either way, the science says it all.

missvape likes this.
  5. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Well, those who prefer vaping over smoking already kind of care about their health :)

6. johnyork

johnyork New Member

Device:
    Cost
    Juice:
    Chocolate lab
    I think most people switch to vaping not only for the health benefits, but also because it's much cheaper. It really is worth it. Some people spend loads of money on cigarettes that's hard to reach when vaping.

7. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    My main reasons for switching to an e-cig were the fact that it's waaay cheaper and it just tastes better. I haven't noticed any improvement on my health, except the fact that my taste buds sure do feel better.

8. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I didn't really notice the health benefits for a few weeks, maybe 2 months? Once I stopped coughing up so much when I had to bust a lung and had more jogging stamina, I realized how far I'd come. Now I'm pretty much purged of all that gunk and feel amazing in the lungies :)

9. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    Yes, that's the reason why I switched to vaping. I was a smoker before, but I was concerned about my health. Vaping is safer than smoking in so many ways.

10. victionicious

victionicious New Member

Device:
    Aerotank Mega with Eleaf iStick 30w
    Juice:
    Hangsen Banana 11mg
    I personally moved over to vaping due to the fact that I wanted to give up nicotine, but that being said the health benefits ended up being the main point of me leaving cigarettes behind. As much as I'd like to give up all together, I do enjoy vaping, and as of right now there aren't that many health issues associated with it, so I'll just carry on. If a study turns around and says "OK, vaping will kill you just as easily as regular cigarettes," then I'd probably just give up.

But hey, it's not just health - the money vaping saves is insane. I quite smoking cigarettes when it got to 8 a day, and even now it's crazy how much money I'm saving in comparison to that, never mind if I were smoking 15 a day like some people I know.

11. Dilof

Dilof Member

Device:
    Pen
    Juice:
    Tobacco flavoured
    Ehh... There's been some pretty scary stuff in the news recently though about the increase of lung disease in people who vape. I'm still not sold on the entire safety just yet but I'm obviously not going to stop. I think vaping is currently in early stages for us to say too much about how "safe" it is, and people should not fool themselves or assume that it's so much safer. If you have literally 0 nicotine in it then maybe.

12. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Thank you for these posts. I think it's important to spread the word about the healthier alternative to smoking which is vaping. Lots of studies have already proven that it's safer and up to now, I have yet to find a study that outlines its negative effects. Although it's safer to avoid both, if you're worried about your health because you're smoking, you can try vaping since it has less of the risks that the former has.

13. fizzybabe18

fizzybabe18 New Member

Device:
    Snow Wolf
    Juice:
    Southern Bread Pudding
    I switched to vaping to quit smoking first and foremost but I also love all the interesting flavors I get to try now. Cigarette smoke gives me a headache now.

14. cig93

cig93 Member

Device:
    various
    Juice:
    apollo
    The health factor really matters, because other people can be mean with vapers.

Vaping is a lot more healthier, then simple cigarettes. Of course there is still nicotine in it, but if talking about vaping with other people the health side always comes up. This is one of the things you can use to tell your friends about vaping.

15. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I think it's two things, the health benefits and the fact that you can regulate the amount of nicotine you take into your body. There are a lot of people that started vaping in an attempt to quit smoking.

16. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    I believe a lot of people pick up vaping as a way to get away from the negative effects of cigarettes, but we still don't know all of the negative side effects of vaping either, so I'm not sure if that's actually a good enough reason to switch.

17. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    Yes. Vaping is healthier so that's the primary reason people are switching to vaping. Smoking has a lot of negative effects on health and I think this was the primary reason why vaping was invented.

18. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    I am not sure I know of anyone who vapes who does not have some past relationship with tobacco and smoking. I am sure they are out there, I just do not know any, but I also think that it shows the vast majority of the users out there, who yes are concerned about health. It is a better option, and a way to start to get off other forms of smoking, so I would say that is the target market.

19. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I can very surely see it was a safe alternative to smoking cigarettes. And I do believe that people who switch from cigarettes to vaping is most likely due to self health concerns.

20. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I didn't realize how much cigarettes stank until I started vaping. I think once more people stop smoking and start vaping we will get rid of that smell.