Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Damn ss wick

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by smoopyvob, Oct 25, 2015.

1. EAYNMEhXFK

EAYNMEhXFK New Member

don't forget the throat hit ..
    I think due to how the vapour is drawn off of the device, they can kick like a mule too.

2. Yohan

Yohan New Member

I think another point that hasn't been made, is when the hammer comes down and the rest of the world are scrabbling around trying to source the few remaining bits a pieces, you will be isolated from that!!! "They" will never be able to ban the sale of mesh and resistance wire?? Hypothetical, I know but it will be good to be independent?? Oh and they taste good!!!

3. faulactesee

faulactesee New Member

Yep part of the reason I bought the katana, nice to have a safety blanket.

Not only that but if you go through say 2 expensive brand $10 LR atomisers every month thats $20 a month or $240 a year (i actually somehow manage to use 3 or 4 a month its a knack i have lol), whereas wick/coil material for a year is only , I guess, $60 a year so the mod will pay for itself in a year.

4. jlo9

jlo9 New Member

$60 a year !
    how often you making new ones :)
    heater is like 2c per wick, mesh .. maybe 20c per go ?
    so maybe $60 for a new wick every day.
    I like the tinkering aspect.

latest wick method ..
    [​IMG]

5. FelipeFai

FelipeFai New Member

+1+Ten Characters!!!

6. Jen K

Jen K New Member

poped a coil at work today had to use a 306 and the don .comse my provari is foobar,well let just say i did not have a decent vape all day.i wont be leaving the line and box at home again.hard to describe the vape experience of mesh and wick but leaps and bounds above stock attys and carts.

7. businessman

businessman New Member

I am ok with a good atomiser set up, but it does take me a while to adjust back down to them. The other day i kept checking the atomisers, put new ones on, fresh batteries pumped up the volts, then realised i am just used to the katana that pumps out more vapor and flavour

8. double secret agent

double secret agent New Member

I finally got it working!!!!! I rolled the wick slightly conical and wrapped the coil at the top of the wick and then slid it down .comsing the coil to tighten on the wick without cutting through the carbon layer. :) very happy. but after about a week of vaping ive noticed all this black goo sort of stuff coming off the wick and "staining" the juice and like resting on the bottom of the tank does anyone else get this? is due for a clean? if so how?
    Thanks all for all your suggestions im felling pretty happy, for awhile i was pretty regretful of the purchase.
    TIA
    HR15

9. kralwons

kralwons New Member

Uncoil your heater wire and chuck it.
    Remove the wick ,preferably with a needle of some sort down the centre hole. Give it a wash and then torch it.
    Rewind a new coil and set it up.

I have said before that a well seasoned wick is a treasure.

RC

10. cutiepie10683

cutiepie10683 New Member

quick method, rinse under hot tap to remove some goo then dry burn till you are happy.
    can follow up with a second rinse and a quick burn to dry it as well, its all stainless steel and kanthal ..
    not sure what mod you are using, if no plastic can simply set fire to it as well, while dry burning if you want :)
    heat is your friend.

11. nojav.com

nojav.com New Member

amen brother .. not thrown one out yet, got a nice little baggy of assortments.

12. marcus holpert

marcus holpert New Member

At one week the wicks become amazing. No dry hits and amazing vapour. Sometimes vapour dies down so a quick clean and recoil is all that is needed. If you torch clean your wick too far though it will turn to ash so a quick torch is all that's needed. Basically until it just starts to glow very faintly. I was after torching just to remove the burnt off buildup.

It's amazing how one can improve in wick and coil making over a week. Stones may remember my frustration last week with vapour production. I've got it working a whole lot better now. :)

13. TOOTAl2

TOOTAl2 New Member

20 seconds of red glow is enough.

RC

14. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Is that for each burn, as in 3x 20 secs with dousing in water in between?
    I have learned the value of a well seasoned wick. I have one that is a true champion. Got some 34 .comge a1 the other day and just made a 3/4 wrap and bang, 2.2ohms, no hot spots, just vaping bliss. A far cry from a couple of weeks ago when I wanted to kill myself and take the line with me. I almost fell off my chair....
    In the next couple of weeks i imagine I will need to make another wick. The rollie paper trick works but I think it led to my wick clogging up prematurely and would like to get the wick method down...just got a blow torch too (no more gas stove), so just wondering the approximate time to be getting it glowing for would be...

15. Logik

Logik New Member

Go up and down the wick and let each part be red for at least 20secs then do the douse. I do it about 4 times with water then 3 times dousing in pg then I do the soak in juice and burn it a few times.

It may seem overkill but it works for me on a new wick.

RC

16. forumups

forumups New Member

Yeah cool, cheers

17. Wes

Wes New Member

Definitely on a new wick but I find if I torch an old wick for too long it will crumble, much the same as if you torch a new wick too much.

I just use a regular bic lighter to heat the wick until a faint red and until no more smoke/vapour comes off. If you did it too much every time you put a new coil on it becomes brittle.

I've learnt this the hard way. ;)