Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Common ABBREVIATIONS used on Vape.to - please add to this...

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Master Buz Lawson, Sep 18, 2015.

1. organicknowbot

organicknowbot New Member

Thanks Essie - been wondering a long time about that and it makes complete sense now.

2. Travis

Travis New Member

LOL it had me stumped for a long time on another forum I hung out on for a few years before I actually asked.

3. Kapacs

Kapacs New Member

haha yeah probably not, i dont know that (edited to add) so learn something new today too

4. Nikkoli

Nikkoli New Member

Now this is really bad. I thought B & M was a brand name. Like Cignell. It was only about two weeks ago I realised it meant "bricks and mortar". Idiot, I know :)

5. welievemiatep

welievemiatep New Member

LOL its a military thing :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. mahleezah

mahleezah New Member

Indeed :)

7. MarianoSt

MarianoSt New Member

I'm trying to find the definition of "Analogue" as pertains to cigarettes. Is this some type of mechanical mod or basic unit or does it refer to regular cigarettes. I'm sure it's been answered I just haven't found it or missed it sorry.

8. crehegeZetcek

crehegeZetcek New Member

It may be helpful to people to have a look at Ohms law. V=I x R. Where V = Voltage (Volts) I = Current (Amps) R = Resistance (Ohms) Further to this P=I x V where Power (Watts) = Current (Amps) x Voltage (Volts). I'm not going to confuse those of you with transposition of these unless someone wants to just call me on Skype or something. ....

9. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

e-cig = electronic cigarette, Anologue = stinky (Cigarette)

10. NeexyWego

NeexyWego New Member

For a Queenslander, NSFW.. would be - New South F@cking Wales (during the state of Origin Series, anyways)....... lol

11. lovejav.biz

lovejav.biz New Member

I can't for the life of me figure out why folks feel the need to write 10 char when ........................... will do, ? this is the only forum ( in my experience) where it's used ..

12. wacky

wacky New Member

Be.comse you need atleast 10char. 10 characters. And people might get confused with ..........

13. lizhedage

lizhedage New Member

Wot?? so if I answer a question with a number .. say 2 .. then instead of just putting 2 .............
    I should type out 2 10 char?

14. svennyboy

svennyboy New Member

You can do either and people will understand. I was confused at first too.

15. gummiente

gummiente New Member

Thanks for this thread, I think I'm gonna need to double back here every now and again 'til some of this sticks in my head.

16. CoCo220 D

CoCo220 D New Member

Does anyone know what BVC stands for in relation to coils? Eg. Genuine Aspire BVC Coils.

17. Abby M.

Abby M. New Member

BVC stands for Bottom Vertical Coil, compared to a Horizontal coil it provides slightly better airflow in exchange for slightly less flavour.
    Most people cant tell the difference though

18. bruifiene

bruifiene New Member

Cheers for that Hoofprint.

19. spanky

spanky New Member

Actually stands for Rebuildable Stainless Steel Tank

20. Gvknbqtqr

Gvknbqtqr New Member

When you are talking aspire coils there are two types one for .comtilus and the other for non .comtilus. These were introduced as an alternative to dual coils (horizontal). There is a substantial difference to the draw between the aspire BDC (dual coil) and aspire BVC (vertical) the dual coils take longer to heat up (more suited to a long lung hit) than the single vertical coil is substantially better for a short mouth to lung draw.

So I disagree with hoofprint on the difference. It is horses for courses and your vaping technique makes a difference to how well your equipment works. Try both and see what suits.