Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Coffee concentrate search

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by MentalMonad, Nov 24, 2015.

1. foqbsjs8h

foqbsjs8h New Member

Here is a recipe I tried, but the Tiramisu at 3% was strong for me and I like strong tastes, but not this one:
    TPA Tiramisu - 3%
    TPA Dulce De Leche - 10%
    TPA Bavarian Cream - 7%
    This recipe needs Vape Wizard or Smooth added I think and the Tiramisu taken down to 1% and Bav Cream increased.

2. jelePlem

jelePlem New Member

Thanks.
    I'll have to buy Dulce De Leche next time.
    I want a 5/5 for coffee.
    A 5 makes me so happy when I'm vaping it, I .comgh. So far gingerbread with minuscule amount of lime does that. Peanut butter does it too. Caramel almost does it.

3. BeBe

BeBe New Member

If anyone is keen, I can teach you how to make a really yummy coffee extract. I use it to make up my Rynxie's Facepunch Kitchen Sink Wake-up Swill.

It's dead easy, and your coffee vape woes will be over. You just need some coffee and PG or VG and some coffee filters.

4. Mr Warrior

Mr Warrior New Member

Would love to know. Thanks.
    Throw some ground coffee beans in pg for a few days. Filter. Vape?
    How much beans to pg?
    What about the oils in coffee? Do they make the vape taste funny.

5. greatwhitenorth28 AM

greatwhitenorth28 AM New Member

• Locate beans of choice.
    • Grind beans.
    • Combine ground beans with Pg or VG depending on preference.
    • Soak for an hour at room temprature (best results achieved when left for several days)
    • Strain mixture, you can use drip coffee filters for this. Combine with additional PG/VG and nicotine.
    • Vape, or let it steep a little and vape.

It tastes like a really amazing coffee. You can make it to your taste and add sweeteners and other flavourings if you so choose. Best results are achieved with green beans you have roasted yourself and then ground up.

Protip: You can use a popcorn machine to roast your coffee or an iron skillet. You can most certainly use pre-ground coffee you can buy from the store.

Start small, 4 table spoons of ground coffee into 20-30mls of vg or pg. Experiment to see where you want the strength of your flavour.

You can go even smaller and do a big tea spoon in 10mls of base and give it a go. You lose roughly half of the liquid in the process so you will get 5ml-ish out of it. It acts a little like a concentrate.

It's an easy fun thing to do. I also do a chamomile and other assorted teas using VG and tea leaves. It's the best way to get those flavours without it tasting artificial or weird.

There is an additional step where you can heat the coffee+PG, I use VG and usually skip this step be.comse i am lazy and have to do a double broiler bath thing with temp control so i don't poison myself.
    If you are gonna use PG, and I suggest you do, you can heat it fairly easily.

To heat it with minimal fuss:
    Heat safe liquid holder.
    Bowl of water
    Pot of slowly simmering water.
    Place heat safe liquid holder containing PG+Coffee into bowl of water
    Place bowl of water into the pot of water.
    SUPER LOW HEAT i mean SUPER LOW. rolling teeny bubbles. Do that for about an hour. More coffee flavour!

Let it cool and settle then follow the above steps.

I haven't found that the natural oils from the coffee make my vape taste funky or gross.

6. bangelasussday5373

bangelasussday5373 New Member

Saved & will be framed. Thank you.

I'm a little worried about vaping caffeine. Thought about it a few times while looking at my stash of pure caffeine. Realised I may turn into a burnt out mess. If you normally drink it, what happens when lake it directly into your lungs :D

I know I'll make some tomorrow anyway.

Hot water bath. Got it.

I vape at 25%pg 3%water.
    No way to know how much H2O would be lost in heating so will not add water. I'll make a strong PG bean mix and dilute if too strong.

Don't have coffee filters at the moment. Will put in fridge after it cools. That will make larger particles sink to bottom. Then use some cotton ball to make a filter. (Pack syringe with cotton, pour in liquid, replace plunger, slowly push down)

Filters are on next shopping list.

Don't like any mixes so far with particulate matter in them. Yuck. Will filter the crap out of this coffee extract.

7. eydr1wsyk

eydr1wsyk New Member

8. xewophe8w

xewophe8w New Member

The temp at which caffeine starts to sublime (178C) and starts to sublime fast (~238C) is below the temp our juice gets to(approx240C-260C). It will turn back into solid quickly but most will still be in the juice we breath in.

I'm sensitive to caffeine. 50mg and I'm going good. 100mg and I'm in low earth orbit. 200mg and I transcend space and time.

I agree that it would be hard to get to that much caffeine from vaping this stuff. It's just that taking directly into lungs is *almost* like injecting it. Gets into your blood hard and fast. Makes me think twice.
    Then again if I added extra caffeine. hmmm. What would happen.
    See, it's started already.

9. Apentdien

Apentdien New Member

Damn, thanks for the information! I do hope that this doesn't trigger you! The flavour is super good imo.

10. sub3

sub3 New Member

Fairly sure I have a few lying around, from VC i believe so probably TFA etc. Cappuccino, caramel cappuccino and a mocha flavour. Never really gave them a good going over (tried once, placed in the "when im desperate and out of other flavours" box) but might have to as my other flavours are running out or .comsing vape tongue. Some has steeped for a fair while and maybe I simply mixed them too strong first time up. Might also be a good way to make the half bottle of french vanilla vapable again. Will give em another shot today/this week and report back. All this talk of nice coffee flavours and extracts is making me thirsty!

11. lieberson

lieberson New Member

Guess I'll be ordering some :)

12. mzacherymosesb

mzacherymosesb New Member

First time I've had to use unflavoured to dilute. Very handy when you are adjusting coffee flavours.
    Hate working with drops usually. For some coffee concentrates it's necessary.
    I dropped 40 drops into 1ml syringe. With the droppers I had that worked out to be 0.025ml/drop.

I would also like to confirm with an initial test that a somewhat saturated mix of juice and pure caffeine of approximately 20mg/ml does give a caffeine hit. Will vape 2ml next and see what happens. Do not do this on a regular basis.

Fair waning - Ingesting Pure caffeine (not vaping) - should not take more than 100mg each dose if you do no use caffeine often. Unless you want to become dependant, 300mg a day is ok. More over several day/weeks? will leave you with nasty headache when you stop using it. 600mg+ can mess with your heart & blood pressure etc. Take more than 1000mg-2000mg in one go and you'll be really F'd up.
    LD50 is estimated to be 150-200mg/kg.

You can buy pure caffeine from purebulk and other places. BE CAREFUL :D

13. No 1....

No 1.... New Member

i gave up on coffee flavour it all tastes like burnt popcorn

14. pasyaervzf

pasyaervzf New Member

Coffee flavour I got from HC was reasonably good. No concentrate available and they stopped selling it. I guess they were using HS for mixing.

I've got two categories for I'd coffee. Bean & Fake.
    Fake should taste like coffee flavour you get in drinks & sweets. Except not as sweet.
    Bean coffee extraction suggest by Rynxa is promising. Tried today and when I get better at it, it should be good.

15. Lausewaw

Lausewaw New Member

Ok what's up, on page one you say
    And on page 2 you say
    Is it one of the nicest coffee flavours or are you not impressed, ??? Are you drinking or have dual personalities???? ,,, maybe too much sushi they say that too much wasabi goes straight to your head and you get wasabi fever, basically sweating from your fore-head, lol
    Jeff

PS a link to it would be great :)

16. kokoman

kokoman New Member

:D having enough trouble sorting concentrates without extra confusion

TFA Kahlua and Cream - (spud) is spud's comment.
    On page 2 is me :D

So far Tiramisu is the only one that is ok. FA Dark Bean Espresso is not offensive but lacking. Will try again when I get the chance.

17. Freeeeezing !

Freeeeezing ! New Member

I figured you were telling spud that, lol lost in translation when texting.
    Jeff

18. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

sushiaddiction, from what we know, very little of the vapour makes it all the way to the lungs. Most is absorbed along the way through the mucus membranes of the mouth and throat, and I imagine this would apply to caffeine as well as nicotine. Wouldn't worry about it too much!

19. Tasha Posey

Tasha Posey New Member

Bookmarked. Thanks. I actually already have about 15 flavours I really like. Too many to choose from. Will defiantly try the coffee though.

Yeh. after I vaped 2ml, felt strange. That is not unusual for me. It's not a huge amount. I usually drink pure caffeine. Every so often I put the powder under my tongue and leave it there. Try not to do it often. It works great but feels a little off. Hard to explain. Got to do with quick absorption and no so much the quantity. I've ingested many things in various ways over the years so I can judge by comparison. You'll live :D but I grantee it puts a strain on your system.
    Only used 20mg over a few hours.
    A nice cup of coffee has 80mg-120mg?

Tried the bean extraction. Tasted a little metallic with a hint of hospital smell. Leaving to steep. Beans were a little old. Will buy fresh soon.

in an hour or two I'll be testing HS Espresso.

20. miko

miko New Member

Just tried
    Hangsen Smart (USA) HS Expresso - Juice Factory

It has a great fake expresso flavour. Scores 3.5 out of 5. Almost gave it a 4. ( a rare high score for me)
    Looking forward to trying all the HS I can get a hold of in coffee and cola. Both HS smart and HS.

Good fake expresso found. Good fake coffee is next.