Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Building a good stainless steel wick

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by MoonChild, Nov 17, 2015.

1. olgauexaxda9222

olgauexaxda9222 New Member

Always glad to be of assistance:)

2. simebramums

simebramums New Member

3. voillle

voillle New Member

Have you tried it? And how many times do you need to repeat to get it properly oxidized?
    Kinda tried this integrated into my juice burns recently, still get intermittent short issues however LOL.

4. CrimiTic

CrimiTic New Member

I give the wick a good 10-15 mins burn, then juice burn it 5 times.

Have the wick touching the bottom, and HARD up against the positive on the cobra, still no shorts and no hot spots.

Works for me so i'll be keeping to that method :)

5. Greesiup

Greesiup New Member

Someone posted it on vaperwall, I'm going to try it with my next wick. I've pretty much done how igetcha does it and never had any real troubles.

6. stavragi

stavragi New Member

Ok, just a quick note/update to all. I have my current setup on the DID std at 28awg Nichrome 8/9 wrap 0.9 Ohms on 105mm of #500 tolled tight with a small air gap all around the wick hole to reduce cohesive force, and thought I might even be able to put my fill screw in LOL, running on my paps from 4-3.6 volts. silky thick flavorful 4 second hits to die for.
    Well, I cant put my fill screw in, especially while nursing a new coil and mesh.
    I've got heaps of #200 & #240 mesh lying around, that was a free gift from the mesh supplier so I've been thinking what can I do with this?
    I hate having my fill screw out as I do get leaks, I have heard a roll of mesh in the fill hole can do the trick but never found the ideal.
    This is what I found works best for me.
    Cut a piece of the #200 or #240 mesh, 15mmx70m, give it a very quick torch just to get any impurities off, then roll mesh round an 18g filling needle nice and tight and dense, then while still on needle, heat til orange with torch and quench, do this twice to stiffen it and help it to keep it's shape, and it's 18g hole. then insert with clockwise twist until it sits just below you top brass/SS nut on you pos post.
    Result, great wicking,great flavor,NO burnt or dry hits and NO LEAKS. :)
    By the Way I am running about 80%VG 20%PG mix.
    Just my 2c

EDIT: Coil now stabilised at 1.2Ohms indicated, flavor is so intense now, I'm also a little dizzy :0)