Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Boge carto tank experiment

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by geliagaponirvin, Sep 10, 2015.

1. ausweis

ausweis New Member

Go slothy !
    Try a vet mate. Need to try them for 20ml ones, they don't seem to be in pharmacys.

i have now managed to convince 3 pharmacy's I am not a drug addict.
    cheaper than ebay too .. for 2 syringes each time it has so far been $1.60, $1.40 and $1.10.

taking a completed one on the end of a provari helps too, the gorgeous chickie babe at the last pharmacy was most impressed by ecigs and now has a strong dislike for QH and will be setting her dad up with an ego kit ASAP.

2. mayjbng9z

mayjbng9z New Member

Made one tonight using punched-out syringe rubbers as caps and a Boge LR.

Working ok given its a new carto, but its a bit of an arse-pain to fill.

Edit.....

I think I may have invented something that rivals clearos for "What the feck were you thinking" factor!

The bloody thing went from ok to flooded to burning in about 3 drags!

Other issues....

Difficult to fill without spillage, rubbers move around too much when the everything gets a coat of juice, trying to unscrew it with anything in the tank is a potential disaster......

3. Verbal

Verbal New Member

Picked up a pack of Boge Carto's to use on my Vari-Cool LS. I've found they reduce and change the flavor of my juice. With my Clearo Tank the flavor is quite strong but with the Boge the flavor is not very strong and tastes different like something else leeching into the flavor.

Is this normal for Boge Carto's? I've only opened one so far, is it likely just an odd one?

Cheers

4. Nietzschean

Nietzschean New Member

I found that this happens with my clearo tank mod if the power is up too high...seems the juice can't wick quickly enough.

5. AlissaPie

AlissaPie New Member

Going to need to do some major rethinking on this!

Needs....

At least some of the interfaces between rubber/plastic/attie glues to give it more structural stability

Tiny drilled juice holes so you can rely on a consistent flow rate

The rubbers probably need to be a harder compound than the syringe rubbers!

Not sure if the potential benefits outweigh the likely brain damage of further experimentation.

6. sriteja

sriteja New Member

the syringe rubbers are too soft, the mildew is using washers from a shower repair kit and they are tight on the atty i hear. basically screwing or unscrewing the tank is a nono, do up with the drip tip.
    I fill with a sharp needle and stick next to the rubber or straight thru it.
    i agree, better rubber is needed.

7. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Seeing as people have made tank mods from cartos and clearos I thought I'd try making one from an attie, using a 10ml syringe, it's seal, the tube from a clearo and 19mm glue lined heatshrink at both ends. I also used the inner sleeve from a dead attie as a joiner between the clearo tube and the attie. The smallest bit I could hold in my drill is 1.5mm so I used it to drill 2 holes ~11mm down from the top of the attie. The result is one attie tank mod that works but leaks. I think with smaller holes it could be a goer and it's much stronger mechanically than the clearo tank.

8. Dolelalm

Dolelalm New Member

Hey Johnny how about some photos your idea sounds pretty cool!!!

9. kobrakerileska

kobrakerileska New Member

One of the nice nurses her just scored me some 20ml syringes gratis. Noob question but could one of the builders here point me towards some DIY tank information? Thanks :)

10. suliban

suliban New Member

11. duthdusy

duthdusy New Member

Thanks Johnny I'm going to give it a go with my own take of course:)

12. Mina

Mina New Member

Well, the Mk2 version seems an improvement!

Main changes have been that I glued the rubbers to the carto, and used a round drilled hole instead of a slot.

Still floods a little when its left sitting so a smaller orifice is needed and I'd prefer to glue the rubbers to the tube but the superglue wont take to the plastic.

I find it vapes far better at lower voltage on the Evo2 or an Ego than it does at 5+ volts on the Buzz. That's more the product of the type of carto (boge) than the overall gadget however.