Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Boge carto tank experiment

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by geliagaponirvin, Sep 10, 2015.

1. geliagaponirvin

geliagaponirvin New Member

Ok after seeing the youtubes on the vapomatic liquinator I thought I would try a carto with a tank to see how it performs. So used an old type B atty case .. punch atty out from battery end with a drift, then dremeled off the smaller diameter section at the bottom of the atty.

Remove the black tape from the carto, zippo fluid gets off any excess glue very well.
    Dremeled a slot in the bottom of the carto, maybe 4mm up from the base.

Reject shop sells crappy O ring sets for $2, used the 3rd smallest.
    Its slightly too large for the untaped carto but once wedged into the atty case it seems to seal fine.

end result pics ..

click to zoom ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the carto that I used for quite some time on my Revolution 2, then used a little at higher voltage today on the provari, so it wasn't a new one but still seemed to perform fairly well.

So far, only been using it for 10 or 15 minutes, carto is crackling quite well .. will give it an hour with this top up and see how it goes.

Held maybe 35 drops or so plus whats in the carto.

2. samAnThA

samAnThA New Member

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a dremel lol

How are you filling it btw? Just dripping into the carto + atty case with the o-ring removed then just wham the o-ring back in?

3. postryu

postryu New Member

well it only had the one fill so far, but yep ..jammed the oring back in the top, was nearly a disaster a few times as the carto got pushed up on the table top lol. Managed to get it back together tho..

I only filled it with 18 .. so pretty much been chain vaping on it for 2 hours, carto has stayed in the good crackly zone for the whole time so far.

4. ravineel

ravineel New Member

quick vid at 4.2v .. its a 3.1Ω carto

[video=youtube;RpuDVxYB8oQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpuDVxYB8oQ[/video]

5. Alion

Alion New Member

This is a mega dual coil tank experiment also very successful.

6. pamiLems

pamiLems New Member

nice on the dual .. just the one hole in the carto or would a couple of holes perform better ?

well its had 8 hours of vaping from the one refill so far, bit hard to tell how low it is being non-transparent but I will guess is when it stops crackling and drops off a bit.
    transparent looks cooler and I originally considered it a must.. but its not really necessary after all.

I might try another one and put a vertical slit .. I think that may leak though as there is a return path for air.

7. cumcunt

cumcunt New Member

I made a similar cut on the opposite side of the dual carto. Works phenomenal. The first time when I can chain vape a carto without getting usual burnt taste. If the cuts are to wide the carto will flood and will gurgle, if they are to thin the wicking will not occur . 1 mm wide and 4 mm wide is perfect in opposite sides of the carto above the inside rubber surface of the bottom cap. You have to try it to believe it.
    Romaniac

8. kerron

kerron New Member

Ok, clear tank is a bonus, thought I was attempting to be careful and top up when needed.
    So when taste was a bit off I did a top up, damn, still tastes like crap .. dissect.

the provari at 4.2v is an unforgiving beast and the result was ..

[​IMG]

So yeh, needs to be clear if you want a few days from a carto.

9. ILLMW

ILLMW New Member

Inspired by your experiment I thought I'd have a crack at making one, seems to be working fine so far, wicking well and no leaks. 2 bucks for rubber seals from clark rubber, a boge LR carto and a plastic tube I had lying around :) Just used a hacksaw to cut the slots in the carto.

10. loser_hot_sexy

loser_hot_sexy New Member

visited clark rubber, I assume they are grommets (9.5mm hole) .. bought 2 different sizes.

one q .. whats the plastic tube you had lying around .. still on the hunt for something similar.

thinking snorkel tube, nah .. tried a 10ml bottle chopped up, fail.. still a work in progress :)

11. RonwafIntonxgh

RonwafIntonxgh New Member

Hey Stoney, try your local pharmacy for syringes, they're very cheap. 10ml have a 14.5mm bore but perhaps a 5ml is closer to what you want.

12. powderdome

powderdome New Member

I'm pretty sure it was the 9.5 mm internal diameter wiring grommet. I can send you a few of the tubes I used if you like.

13. dzzzzFz

dzzzzFz New Member

my local pharmacys pretend they don't sell syringes, stupid old women at the counter look at you like you are a piece of gum on their shoe .. ask 'what for' (when i feel like yelling 'NONE OF YOUR F'ING BUSINESS') then wander off and ask someone else before coming back with a 'no'.

I might try again and not take no for an answer, I had a look on ebay last night and can get them there fairly cheap in quantity or for exxy for a couple .. trying to decide which.

Not sure if I want latex free or not too. may want to use the plunger rubber at some stage.

If anyone wants data on syringes btw .. this is useful to give an idea of a sizes cross section, internally anyway.

http://www.harvardapparatus.com/hapdfs/HAI_DOCCAT_4/Syringe Selection Guide.pdf

14. agigeolowralo

agigeolowralo New Member

If you want 10 ml syringes (BD302149M) pm me as I have almost 100

15. Kapacs

Kapacs New Member

Yep know what you mean Stoney, I thought they were supposed to give syringes away for free?, anyway i was prepared to pay.

I went to 3 chemists and they all said No, after "further consultation". I did make the mistake of mentioning vaping when they asked what i needed them for. I should have just said i needed them to give the 3 women i kidnapped and had tied up in the basement a shot of smack and I would probably have been given as many as i asked for.

16. zpquiler

zpquiler New Member

Thats weird as I've had no problem buying at the 2 local pharmacies I've tried. Only one asked and I said I use them for dispensing solder paste which I sometimes do.

17. KerryHolden

KerryHolden New Member

Looks very good ! Was I right about the chain vaping on this type of Map tank? Try a dual coil if you have them you will notice more vapor warmer and more intense flavor.
    Romaniac

18. raynierayne

raynierayne New Member

Yeah its working well, still no leaks or anything and lasts all day without refilling. It may just be my imagination but there seems to be less flavour coming from it since second refill, might see if I can can get myself some duel coils as you suggested.

19. birdbayboy

birdbayboy New Member

Its funny here in QLD its hard to get Nic but i can get as many syringes as i want know questions asked!!!!!!

20. DDrjDZGmdc

DDrjDZGmdc New Member

lets do a swap :D