Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Best coffee flavour

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by darrellme, Aug 12, 2015.

1. thesmyther

thesmyther New Member

The VK Italian Espresso is another strong very dry, and definitely not sweet flavour. A lot I've tried I can't even taste the coffee flavour.

2. embracexthexpale

embracexthexpale New Member

Davee, that's been my problem, too. When I first started vaping, my friend promised me that I could "smoke coffee" with an e-cig. I was so totally IN after he said that. To my great chagrin, I've been able to do no such thing. Every coffee flavor I've tried tastes NOTHING like coffee, and they've all been sweet.

3. larsi72

larsi72 New Member

Coffee, like chocolate, must be one of these very difficult flavours to get right.
    Davee I can't find the Frap'aze, I have Vape Dudes Hazelnut Coffee which is decent and wouldn't mind trying the Frap'aze.

4. fan69

fan69 New Member

Oh dear.. That'd be be.comse I gave you a bum steer filbert! I do apologise. It's another VM one. Funny I haven't liked any of the sweet VM flavours, but their coffee's have got my vote so far..

5. EarlHoover

EarlHoover New Member

Just created my first coffee juice and I can't get enough of it. I mixed 9 parts HC Desert Ship Premix (70/30) 1 part HC Espresso concentrate. It's not overpowering like it is with just espresso, but it has that smooth, rich coffee flavour. The desert ship is a great base for the concentrate, and really brings out the flavour well

6. talakiandiyla

talakiandiyla New Member

Right-o, JJJJJJJJJJJdude.. but if you're wrong, we're going to have to kill you dead.

7. trevtrevtrev

trevtrevtrev New Member

best coffee flavour i've found for vaping so far is ................ i go and make a cup of coffee how i like it then drink it while i'm vaping other stuff. i've given up on being able to vape coffee and not have it taste worse then starbucks crud

8. abbylane

abbylane New Member

Have a go at this.

DISCLAIMER. I have not tried this. Found it a while back with the intention to give it a go. Just found it in my secret book mark stash where I keep my NSFW stuff. (The wife actually)

So what I did is took some Foldgers coffee, about 3 table spoons, wrapped it up in a coffee filter with a rubberband and soaked it in the Marlboro about 15ml. After about 30 mins of soaking I took the coffee filter and wrapped it in some aluminum foil. Wrapped a rubberband around it and blow through it like a straw to get out the excess liquid. Dripped some in my atty and it was like coffee heaven. It tastes like a good cold cup of coffee with a deep roasted bean flavor. Definitely a must try.

Make your own coffee flavored e liquid

9. VinnieC

VinnieC New Member

Witches brew from vapebar is really nice. Not a strong coffee flavour, but it's a nice vape overall. I bought some Flavour Art espresso flavouring and tried to make my own, but it tasted distinctly like ass. It did have a coffee flavour, however it was more like eating coffee grounds than drinking espresso.

10. noxdrara

noxdrara New Member

well coffee flavours are strong, should try a tenth of the concentrate you used.

i can't understand the other one.
    15ml of marlboro to 3 tablespoons of coffee ?
    used a straw to extract it from the filter ?

11. NeoNerd

NeoNerd New Member

I'm fascinated to see how my espresso I just mixed up turns out. I didn't know flavour art coffee was meant to be mixed at close to a 1% ratio and I just used 10%.... Preparing to singe my taste buds with it...

--------------------------------
    *Sent from my implanted neural device*

12. Neha R

Neha R New Member

heh, never used FA coffee, just a suggestion going by your description .. I rarely use more than 10% for any concentrate.
    I bought HG coffee juice and that was waaaaay to strong and I used the juice as a concentrate at about 10% just for a coffee juice, it was even better as a coffee hint in other juices like caramel at about 3% .. bear in mind thats a JUICE .. not even a concentrate. I can imagine how strong a true concentrate is.
    I think HG just put nescafe in PG .. thats what it tastes like.

but yeh, general rule of thimb, start low and work up. if its too strong, use a crapload less to start with.

13. J.J.

J.J. New Member

I've heard of people extracting coffee grinds in PG.

Other than that coffee and chocolate flavours you just need to try them all until you find one you like.

14. maks6

maks6 New Member

I'm looking forward to trying vanilla latte from VM and thought I'd try making my own til then, so I added a little premixed vanilla I had with the witches brew and its really good!

15. Eugenewcdekg

Eugenewcdekg New Member

So my top four so far are. (drum roll) lol
    VM Vanilla Latte' Nice strong espresso flavour, a little sweet, but not overly at all, and very creamy. Delicious!
    Couldron Wizars Brew Quite similar to the Vanilla Latte IMO but not quite as stron on the coffee flavour, or as creamy, but very nice
    VM Frapaze Nice Coffee flavour with Hazelnut. Not my favourite, but I can easily vape, and enjoy it.
    Vaping Cobra Coffee This one doesn't reaally sit with the others. It's much more of a straight Espresso taste. I think you'd really like it if you like your coffee black with very little sugar.
    These aren't in any particular order, but the Vanilla Latte' is my favourite so far.

16. junky2k3

junky2k3 New Member

Mix Mocha Java Smooth with Witches Brew, rounds out to a great vape.

17. Nobagssyqeq

Nobagssyqeq New Member

Recipe pulled from ECF and not tested yet by myself:
    7ml bottle:
    One drop of TPA caramel cappucino, just ONE drop. Then add 4 or 5 drops of TPA sweet cream. That's it! It has a full, creamy caramel coffee flavor.

I'll test this on tuesday.

18. h2forever

h2forever New Member

Hmmm.. I have both of those flavours too, and I'd be thinking that;ll be a good one. That Caramel Cuppacino is damn strong! I put one drop in my coffee, and it was rich as!

19. Schellinho

Schellinho New Member

yeah I read that. Its meant to be treated as a SUPER concentrate.

I also want to discuss the difference between coffees and coffee notes.

First I'll explain what the different coffees are:

Espresso aka Short black - 30ml shot of coffee meant to be consumed in 1 mouth full.
    Long Black - Double shot of espresso with 120ml of hot water added.
    Cuppuchino - 30ml shot of espresso with 2/3 milk and 1/4 froth.
    Piccolo - a 30ml shot of espresso with 90ml milk
    Ristretto - a resticted shot of espresso at 20ml to obtain the most sweetness out of the beans.
    Latte - 30ml shot of espresso with 2/3 milk with 2mm froth on top

You then need to decide what type of coffee you're going to make. Do you like espresso? Do you like milk based drinks. I personally like piccolos and espresso but many people will find this quite strong. Espresso isn't bitter.

You then need to work out what elements you're going to put into your coffee. I personally like coffee beans which obtain low acidity and more nutty / cocoa notes rather than spicey, earthy, fruity notes.

Here is a graph which explains all the different types of flavours coffee beans from around the world can have.
    http://wordsaboutthings.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/coffee_tasting_flavor_wheel.jpg

It's now down to what type of coffee you enjoy and the type of beans you want to create :)

Here are some different beans which all contain different elements to them:

ethiopia-ghimbi: These Ethiopian beans contain a Spicey, Earthy and Cherry like notes to them.
    CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay

PNG Whagi: Papa New Guniey makes some of the worlds best beans, These ones obtain fruit acidity notes which are full of cocoa:
    CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay

Panama Finca Arkapal: Beans from Panama! These obtain Floral aromas.
    CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay

Uganda Kisoro: In the cup it has a subtle acidity and heavy body that made a great double espresso and a syrupy ristretto. The cocoa range of flavours dominate in these beans.
    CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay

So as you can see, coffee can have pretty much any flavour under the sun. It's about finding what you enjoy.

If I was to implement cocoa type elements, I'd put in Cocoa with some Dark Chocolate. If I wanted syrup tones I'd look at maple syrup or honey.
    Nut flavours - walnut.
    Smoky flavours - pipe tobacco at very small amounts.

Having an understanding of coffee in the first place will help you make the ultimate coffee flavour which i'm sure many vendors have no idea how to do :)

A cup of blend 43 isn't a very good starting point. Roasting your own green beans to understand the elements is a good starting point as every roast depth has different elements. At the end of the day - espresso isn't just espresso. It's art.

Want to play it safe? head for the cocoa notes. Everyone likes them. Also use fresh cream / whipped cream flavour to cut the espresso flavour down. Implement sweetness aswell.

Another good method would be to head for the syrupy nutty notes. Maple / Honey / Walnut. This would come out fantastic aswell. All these flavours will complement Espresso (coffee) they'll provide excellent body and make your coffee flavour a 10/10 instead of a standard coffee flavour which would be a 4/10

20. kingofimp

kingofimp New Member

I'm adding another couple to the list :) filbert was nice enough to send me some Vape Dudes Hazelnut Coffee. Really nice, but not as nice as the Vanilla Capacino sampler from JW I've been vaping all day. I'm going to have to compare it side by side with the Vanilla Latte to decide which one I like best! The JW is fairly subtle. Needs to be vaped for a little while, but that just means it gets better the more you have :)