Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

aussie nicotine laws/importing

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by darek6, Dec 1, 2015.

1. 3 months = ~90 days
    I used to vape 12ml a day or 24 to 30 mg/ml
    3 months, albeit it does not apply to nic, is also for family
    for me personally 3 months used to be 1080ml of something liquid
    add the family, that would have been 2160 ml
    add more family and I'd have been into multi litres

3 months does not include consideration for number of peoples in your family, not does it consider a reasonable amount per person of an undefined strength, therefore until they declare an absolute the volume of 3 months supply is not possible to determine. to declare a number they will have to acknowledge all sorts of parameters around vaping that in itself will be more than half our battle to have nic legitimised.

2. tlehwqvlyzzx

tlehwqvlyzzx New Member

Thank you MrGruffy! :nevreness:

3. psqvxwcwrp

psqvxwcwrp New Member

From my understanding, and I could very definitely be wrong, current law is that nicotine is a schedule 7 poison which is not explicitly listed in the category as a banned schedule 7 poison. People might import liquid nicotine as a permitted pesticide in organic farming, but there are better, safer organic pesticides now, so this would be quite rare.
    For nicotine to be subject to the personal importation scheme of therapeutic goods (the 3 months supply at one time and no more than 15 months supply in a 12 month period, you need a prescription written by a registered medical practitioner, which would include the daily dosage, and therefore you would calculate the permitted quantity using the information on the prescription.

I have seen a doctor's prescription for nicotine. It was prescribed as up to 5 mL per day of 24mg/mL liquid nicotine in a propylene glycol base.

4. Legendary Socializer

Legendary Socializer New Member

I have seen this mentioned often and more than once I noted that the source of the "law" on this is in fact mentioned. In any case, even if true, what constitutes 3 mths supply? I find that very vague.... If I smoked 2 cigarettes a day and want to vape the equivalent, my limit to import would be 18ml (just for arguments sake): if I smoked 2 pkts a day my limit would be 180ml.... Now 180ml of what? Juice at .6, 1.2, or even 4.8 nicotine?

After that rant, I have ordered regularly from NZ and USA for the last 3 mths, I live in NSW and until now, no delay at customes and no issues importing the nicotine. I often get more that 400 ml each time... Still no issues importing. There is a lot of hype lately, lets hope it goes positive for us in Oz.

5. RockyJunior

RockyJunior New Member

@CCVaper - the 3 months supply is determined by how much nicotine is permitted by the prescription. In my example above, 24mg/mL x 5 per day. That would be 108mL of 100mg/mL per 3 month period and no more than 432 mL of 100mg/mL per 12 month period (15 months supply).

6. aaa666

aaa666 New Member

Thank you for that heads up mrsgruffy

7. chemoabnona

chemoabnona New Member

I see you mentioned prescription, that means that any nicotine ordered without a prescription is considered how? Or not at all?

8. IcoffCew

IcoffCew New Member

Until customs starts confiscating or I get arrested in the street by cops with Simon Chapman masks on I'll keep ordering )

9. snorkyller

snorkyller New Member

If there's no prescription, you're importing it as a schedule 7 poison not explicitly listed as banned.
    You can't make any therapeutic claims about a poison, obviously ;)
    You might be importing it with the intention of using it as a permitted organic pesticide, for example.. you know.. to kill bugs eating your basil plants and still get an organic farming tick of approval.

10. johnsonjulie67

johnsonjulie67 New Member

Just for the FYI of everyone interested (this might make for a useful reference) to comply with the requirements as stated by the law for Nicotine

Schedule 7
    The label on these products is headed
    “DANGEROUS POISON”
    Special conditions apply to the supply or use of the poison according to the particular
    substance or class of substances. Some Schedule 7 highly dangerous substances (eg cyanides) may only be supplied and used in accordance with an.comthority issued under the Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Regulation 2008.
    Must be stored in a part of the premises to which the public does not have access,for example, in a locked cupboard or storeroom.

ref: http://www.health.nsw.gov.com/pharmaceutical/Documents/guide-licenceholders.pdf