Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Are Brick And Mortar Vape Stores Profitable?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by rz3300, Feb 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yeah, but a market stall doesn't has a great image even more when the product is still being established, so a store it's important in that sense, at least to get new customers.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'm not sure what country you're in, but here in the UK there's loads of indoor markets that have stalls with good reputations so I wouldn't have said that's an issue really.

A stall here costs £50 for 3 days so compare that to the rent prices of a store and you can see why a stall might be the better option if your first starting out.

3. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    OK, so eventually it depends on the stalls. For me the most important is that the product is well presented and that people can provide a good explanation on how it works, that they are specialized doing it.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think your spot on, and it is all about how the products are presented, and how knowledgeable the sales person is.

People want to buy their vaping equipment from people that know all about vaping and they don't just want to be sold something by a person who doesn't know anything about their needs.

5. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yeah, for that they would just buy online. Physical stores are important while the product is new and people like to put their hands in one before buying and try to understand how it works.

6. dblanch

dblanch Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1
    Juice:
    Eros
    I think it depends on the area they're set up in. If your shop is set up in a more busy urban area, I'm sure the profits would be tremendous.

7. vibe

vibe New Member

Device:
    None
    Juice:
    None
    There are a couple around here that seem to be open at any given time, but they usually close and are replaced by a new name. Vaping is pretty established here and I think that most people prefer variety over the physical shopping experience.

8. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    OK, so they close and change their name? What does that mean exactly, that the business doesn't has success? Why are they changing the name?

9. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I think this is the main reason most smokers haven't converted to vaping. Unless you go to vaping store, most places that sell vapes normally don't have an idea how they work. Normally when people are trying something new they want to be assured that it won't do them any harm, if they don't get that assurance they won't buy it.

10. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I would not say most smokers, but quite a few of them could be converted if they had a store nearby and someone who could explain them how it works and associated costs.

11. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    At the moment, vaping probably isn't big enough for it to be too profitable. Although, I really have no idea. it's totally possible a shop in a big city could have enough users to do well.

12. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    The experience is definitely important, especially for selling new juices. The problem is once they know what juices they want, they can just buy it online for a lot cheaper. For these brick n mortars to survive, they need to offer something special. I'm not sure what that special thing is.

13. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That's true, most likely some returning customer program, but they can have that online too. I guess they need to have competitive prices.

14. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    That is what can bring or push people away, price. Many people aren't willing to do the initial investment.

15. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yep, but considering how much we are spending per month smoking, I am saying it's an investment that will bring us a good return.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    The price is always going to be an issue, as I think if it was possible, everyone would want everything for free but as we all know, the world doesn't work like that.

A competitive price doesn't always necessarily mean cheap either, and sometimes what we see in the shops, is exactly the same price as online, so one isn't always better than the other in that respect.

17. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    If people were willing to part with just a little money, the health benefits that they would get from switching from smoking to vaping would more than pay that off. It might be scary at first but you would burn that money anyway.

18. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Exactly, even if you shop b&m stores, the thing is that you will still save so much money even @ a pack or two a week. It's hard to see at first, but that $1-2 here and there ends up being a couple hundred bucks overall when you consider higher stress days, tolerance, friends in need, etc.

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    The money you save can certainly mount up, and I think a lot of people don't understand that. They think that a dollar here and there isn't going to make that much difference, but after a few months it does start to mount up.