Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Are Brick And Mortar Vape Stores Profitable?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by rz3300, Feb 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Even if 6 months is not a long time, it's already sometime to get the business going, even more when there are daily expenses that need to be addressed...

2. djvape

djvape New Member

Device:
    iStick
    Juice:
    Vegie Glyc
    Yeah. B&M stores are difficult to run profitably. That's why online stores/sites do better because they don't really need to pay much and they don't need to wait for someone to come to them. Still, many people, including me, like to hold something in there hands before buying. I would never buy like a classy/antique lighter or something like that online.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Ease of use is definitely why online shopping as seen a steady year on year rise, and also a reason that a lot of the high streets in towns are deserted with boarded up shops everywhere, because people are choosing to shop more from home.

With the vaping stores, I think it's slightly different as its still relatively new and people will go to the stores to find out what it's all about, get advice and also maybe even try it out.

As vaping popularity increases to grow though, there's going to be less and less need for the shops, and I can see that also will become almost exclusively online.

4. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I have to agree it's very convenient to drop by a store and check the products, even more if we are a beginner, so definitely yes they are profitable.

5. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I buy all my stuff from a brick and mortar store and have wondered it myself. Very often there isn't anyone in the store, quit different from the regular tobacco store next door that doesn't have much of a selection of vaping equipment or juices.

6. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    There is a store within walking range of my house that just got a bunch of new gear, they are more or less rennovating out a quarter of the store to fit juice. Score! This is considered an above-average sized town and there -still- aren't a ton of options, so this seems to be a pretty good sign :)

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Just because there's nobody in the store though, doesn't necessarily mean that they're not being profitable as most of the sales will be done online.

That a another thing ice never understood. Instead of paying the high rents of a proper store, wouldn't it just be cheaper for these companies just to open market stalls instead?

8. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Mmm, interesting questions there, at the same time if most of their sales are online why would they need the store? More, market stalls might be cheaper, at the same time it's a stranger situation, not as credible.

9. victionicious

victionicious New Member

Device:
    Aerotank Mega with Eleaf iStick 30w
    Juice:
    Hangsen Banana 11mg
    I think you have to consider the amount of older (and effectively technologically-impaired) smokers that have migrated over to vaping simply because they've heard about them from news stories.

There's a lot of people who don't use the Internet at all, or they don't trust online shopping. I order my ecig stuff from a place a few miles from where I live, but it's also cool to be able to go physically into the store and look around. It's also pretty nice to get some advice first-hand from the guys that run it.

The store's also pretty popular, and I can think of a few ecig stores around my area that get a good amount of customers. Maybe in a couple of decades they'll die out, but I think we've got a while to go yet.

10. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Not only that but if you go out to a brick and mortar store you will walkout of the store with everything you need, you don't have to wait a week for it to be delivered. It's obvious that if you live in area that doesn't have one of these stores you don't have this luxury, but you might get what you need for a better price.

11. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Device:
    box mod
    Juice:
    anything with fruit
    I think brick and mortar vape stores are definitely profitable. I'm not sure about other areas, but I live and California and find every vape shop to be packed. Vaping is huge here and the stores are easy to find. We have a few stores in my area that are open for 24 hours. I would assume that the vape juice and mods are so high in demand that they can afford to stay open at all hours.

12. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I think it's the ideal format because many people still have questions and wants to hold the product in their hands before making a decision. It's something still relatively new.

13. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Very good point, they started that way when I first saw them. I remember there was a pretty girl that would stop people once in a while and try to get some clients. i think it still would work.

pwarbi likes this.
  14. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Well, we all know that online the margins are bigger, it's just a matter of determining if we need that direct contact with the public or not.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    That's a reason I'm wondering if a market stall or something similar to that wouldn't make more financial sense. The profit margins are bigger online like you say because you don'thave rent or utility bills to pay like you do on a shop.

If you want to sell direct to the public face to face, it's important that you cut down on your overheads as much as you can.

16. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Thе numbеr оf U.S. high sсhооl studеnts using vаpоrizеrs triplеd frоm 2013 tо 2014, ассоrding tо а rеpоrt frоm thеСеntеrs fоr Disеаsе Соntrоl аnd Prеvеntiоn. Thе rеpоrt аlsо fоund thе numbеr оf high sсhооl studеnts smоking сigаrеttеs fеll frоm 15.7% tо 9.2% frоm 2013 tо 2014, thе lаrgеst yеаr-оvеr-yеаr dесlinе in а dесаdе.

17. djvape

djvape New Member

Device:
    iStick
    Juice:
    Vegie Glyc
    Well, its better for them to vape than to smoke. Although, it would be even nicer if they didn't do anything. But, better to vape than smoke I say.

18. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    I would think that direct contact with the market is pretty important when it comes to a product like vaporizers and e-cigs and all of that, but then again it comes down to how much and for how long you need that, and in the long run if it is worth it. That would take some really deep analysis of market trends and things like that, and I am not sure I am up to the task. It is interesting stuff to think about though.

19. djvape

djvape New Member

Device:
    iStick
    Juice:
    Vegie Glyc
    It also depends on the generation. A lot of older people tend to like having to touch and feel things. But, with me, its more like, let me order something small and test it out. Of course, when it comes to vaping I do go old school but mainly because the guy at the store always has some great stories.

20. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Device:
    Diamond Mist
    Juice:
    Blend & Bottle Blackcurrant and liquorice 12mg/ml nicotine
    I worked at a smoking accessories shop in the UK until January this year. Without a doubt Vaping was not only our biggest seller, and the most profitable area overall, but interest in vaping was growing at an incredible rate. Within the six months that I worked at the shop, Vaping went from 10% of turnover and negligible profits, to over 50% of turnover and 60% of overall profits. Theres also very little storage space required for most vaping products, which helps keep overheads low, always important for small businesses. Its a growth industry and you can expect to see more and more vaping shops everywhere as companies catch on to its profitibility and start to saturate the market.