Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Anybody travel with a vape?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by AboveTheSmoke, Feb 18, 2016.

1. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    Never had an issue traveling around with my vape. If someone gets a little red headed seeing me with it or talks to me about it, I would just put it away in my car or something.

2. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    Are there countries that declare vaping devices illegal? That's so unbelievable that they are making a big fuss about it when they don't care about smoking. I haven't heard any country that says smoking is illegal, yet smoking is more dangerous than vaping.

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  3. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    I can't see why vaping is illegal there, however as long as you are not caught it's perfectly legal. Just to be sure, take you vaping device on pieces which are put in different bags so it won't be obvious what it is, until you get through the airport. After that, I can't see the police lifting you off the street just because of a few vapes, but if you are really worried about it you could try to keep a low profile when vaping.

4. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yes, there are people that have declared vaping illegal. The primary reason is 1. Tobacco influnce (rural farmers cannot afford the losses, it's not even about the cigarettes, you have to ween away) and 2. uncertainty of health futures for new technology

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    While I guess it does seem ridiculous to ban vaping but not smoking, I think a lot of that is to do with the health concerns that a country will have.

While we all know what smoking can do to you after long term use, we still don't know exactly what sort of effect vaping will have, and while we speculate that it won't be as bad as smoking, a lot of countries won't want to take that risk.

6. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    I think it's very much up to each individual travel company whether they wish to allow vaping or not, as there doesn't seem to be any kind of rule in place yet. I am almost certain that it will be banned in public places eventually, which I think is a shame, but as soon as legislation catches up with the technology I believe that there will be a ban in place just like there is with smoking. I don't think that this should be the case though, but I believe that it will happen eventually. I never vape when I am indoors anyway though, I prefer to do it in the fresh air, as I know that there might always be people with respiratory problems.

7. nergaahl

nergaahl New Member

Device:
    eGo
    Juice:
    Kiwi juice
    I have never left the country, but as far as I'm concerned some lands have strict regulations regarding vapers. However, in most places people are chill about it, as it's not an actual cigarette and the smell doesn't bother anyone. At least where I live it's fairly normal to see someone vaping on the street or in public places. Nobody ever told me to stop doing it, wherever I went.

8. arvis

arvis New Member

Device:
    X6
    Juice:
    Banana Chocolate
    I haven't yet tried traveling with a vaporizer, if not traveling using airplane I shouldn't be concerned, right? I'm from Europe by the way, so the country borders aren't too strict.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Traveling from country to country via land or sea you won't have anything to worry about other than the laws on vaping in the country your going in to.

As far as I'm aware it's not illegal to carry vaping liquids or equipment from one country to another, but again, talking about rules and regulations not being in place, I'm not sure if that's true or not so it's definitely worth checking before you do go abroad.

10. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I don't go anywhere without mine. If it's illegal, depending on the severity of the punishments, I would definitely play it safe and leave it behind. You don't need to go to prison for a vape pen.

11. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    Yes, I travel with mine all the time. Why wouldn't I, I love my vape!

And I bet we'll all like it besides us everywhere we go!

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    The legality of it I think is probably the only reason why somebody wouldn't travel with their vape.

Like you say, it's something that we enjoy and it's become a hobby for a lot of people so its the first thing they'll think about packing if the country they're going to allows it of course.

13. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    The only time I've traveled without it was when I forgot to pack it. I like to have it with me as those times on the road are when I get the biggest cravings for cigarettes. I like to have the vape on me at all times, but I certainly would avoid taking it to a place where it is illegal.

pwarbi likes this.
  14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    If you are going abroad then it's certainly sensible to check if it's illegal or not in the country your going to.

Aswell as that though, I'll also check just what people's gut feelings are about vaping in that country because even though it might be legal, you don't want the locals giving you funny looks because it's still not accepted yet in certain areas.

15. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    When I went to Thailand last summer I brought my vape and they didn't even care. I even saw a cop vaping which was the funny part.

16. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Yeah, I definitely have the same point of view, that there will come a time somewhere in the future, probably sooner than later, when they will see it exactly like smoking and ban it over some shady studies, however I do not mind it being banned inside of rooms, as I've seen plenty of people not caring about the others, I even found myself in the situation where I had to inhale others vapors which is not really a great experience, so I'd better vape outside myself, than inhale others vape inside, especially that people around here do not care if the room is small, if you have lungs problems or anything like that.

17. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    I generally tend to carry my vaper kit everywhere I go, I personally take it out when I am looking to get relaxed when I am traveling, it is quite good to carry your friend with you.

18. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    Exactly this, you don't want to blindly head into a country thinking vaping is legal, CHECK FIRST.

Just a quick google showed me that it's illegal in Lebanon & Israel. The specifics of those laws I'm not sure, but it's definitely not worth it being jailed because you didn't do your research.

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I also didn't know that vaping is illegal in those places, but then again having said that, Lebanon and Israel aren't at the top of the list when it comes to holiday destinations, haha!

It's not hard to double check the laws these days though when going anywhere so like you say, definitely recommended.