Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Anybody travel with a vape?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by AboveTheSmoke, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Chris_A

Chris_A Member

Device:
    Aspyre
    Juice:
    Custom
    Vaping is still in a grey zone legally. For example, in my country, it is illegal to smoke on trains, but there is nothing stated about vaping. Some train conductors allow it, some don`t. Same goes for vaping in cinemas.

2. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yeah, I expect these things to become a bit more regulated later. It's just so strange to see a country that doesn't have it in the grey zone - it's clearly illegal - but they don't seem to give a damn about it, lol.

3. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    I always travel with my vape. In Romania, vaping is allowed even on trains/busses/places that you're not allowed to smoke. I've been to Spain a few years back and brought my vape with me as well, no problems there either!

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  4. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I'd love to go to spain, but that's a bit further down the list in priority travels. In the countries you mentioned, I'm pretty sure vaping is declared legal, I think you missed my point. I mean 100%, there is a law saying it is illegal, it's public knowledge, everybody knows it, yet people do it all the time like it isn't illegal and it isn't enforced. Seriously the most bizarre legality issue I've ever seen surrounding vapes.

5. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Yоur bаttеriеs аnd сhаrgеr саn gо in with yоur lарtор саsе оr with yоur оthеr еlесtrоniсs. I аlsо rесоmmеnd disсоnnесting thе bаttеriеs frоm thеir аtоmizеrs whеn gоing thrоugh thе сhесk роint. Yоu’rе bоund tо sеt оff аn аlаrm, аnd it’s а lоt еаsiеr tо just hаnd thеm sоmеthing thаn tо hаvе thеm trеаt yоu likе yоu’rе а сriminаl trying tо рull sоmе triсky stuff. Роint bеing – dоn’t mаkе yоur bulky е-сig lооk likе а реn bоmb/рiре bоmb оr еvеn tаkе оnе thаt rеsеmblеs аnything likе оnе

6. zeus11

zeus11 Guest

Anyone tried Caribbean with vape?
    Planning on taking vacation this year, wondering if anyone had any challenges in the Caribbean while vaping.

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  7. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    This is true, it has become more and more difficult to travel with anything on you. The worst part it's not always the same sometimes customs won't really bother you while other times you nearly have to strip naked to get through.

8. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Not myself sadly, sorry :) I'd love to go though!

Yeah, stateside checks are pretty well regarded as over the top, it's such nonsense to have some random stranger peddling their way through your belongings. They're not even friendly, they aren't very welcoming and nobody is gonna invite you to the bbq with that attitude mr going through my boxers only to find stray nut hairs and boring clothes. The way it is is obviously not ideal, but hey, it's not bad enough to despise it so the show goes on lol

9. Geeka

Geeka New Member

Device:
    eGo ONE
    Juice:
    Apple
    I was in Bangkok just a few months ago and I didn't get into any trouble at all. They saw my vape and asked me what it was, and that was it. I'm sure you're going to be fine too.

Like many of what the other members have said, I'm also guessing that it's all right for personal use, but not when you're found with way too many especially if they're all still sealed in the boxes. They would certainly think that you're planning on selling them in Thailand otherwise.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Vaping certainly needs to be better regulated, if only so it allows people to be able to abide by a written down, black and white rule. At the moment it's allowed on the businesses discretion, and that doesn't help anybody.

I can walk into a store in one country and vape away without any issue, walk into the same chain of stores in the UK and be removed from the premises!

missvape likes this.
  11. victionicious

victionicious New Member

Device:
    Aerotank Mega with Eleaf iStick 30w
    Juice:
    Hangsen Banana 11mg
    I've taken my ecig to Magaluf and Amsterdam with no problems. The best way (if you ask me) to handle juice is to take a packaged bottle as opposed to a half-empty bottle. That way they can't really suspect you of sneaking in anything other than ecig juice.

I should probably point out that I've never been stopped, either. I refrained from taking my ecig to Florida last year thinking that it'd cause problems, but I just ended up with a lot of regret since I spent a good $30 getting a decent ecig over there, which could've easily been spent on a few burgers, haha.

12. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel

Yeah, I've since learned more, but never updated the thread.

Basically, most Thai people simply do not respect it as a necessary law. They understand that smoking has consequences, and they see vaping as just another form of the smoking technology, it is the same for them. It is basically the argument of the future vs. the past to them in that sense, like banning e-cigs would be banning computers. Most people though just dont think it should be illegal if smoking is legal, doesnt make sense. Cops stop caring because its an important argument and they dont like arguing about it. The law is there to prevent the government from being responsible for causing damages, but because people reject it, it is culturally unenforceable. To most people though, it's just "ecigs," whats the big deal? If that makes sense.

13. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I surely hope that more guidelines regarding vaping are implemented. It's easier that way since we're not guessing whether it's okay to vape here or not. And we're not afraid of being reprimanded by doing so. The thing is, vaping is still not widely recognised. Even our government doesn't have strict guidelines regarding it. It's taking the fun out of vaping, lol. Although I do wish they would be lenient with it since it's generally safer than cigarette smoking.

pwarbi likes this.
  14. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Device:
    box mod
    Juice:
    anything with fruit
    Although it may be legal in other countries, I still wouldn't risk taking it with you. I would hate to pack my vaporizer for travel and have them tell me I needed to remove it from my bags. That would be a huge loss, since they would simply make me throw it away. I wouldn't really risk taking it on a plane and if you do, I would simply call ahead of time and get a for sure answer.

15. cig93

cig93 Member

Device:
    various
    Juice:
    apollo
    It depends on the amount you are trying to bring into the country.

Also something being illegal usually mean that the trading is illegal, as long as you don't want to sell anything you are good with it.

16. dblanch

dblanch Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1
    Juice:
    Eros
    I've never tried it because I always assumed it would get confiscated.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    As people have said, I think if you do take it with you it will have to packed in your suitcase anyway as you aren't allowed to carry it on as hand luggage, so it's if your willing to take that risk also.

Until the specific rules and regulations do come into place then it's probably not worth taking yours out of the country, but that doesn't mean you can't just buy a cheap temporary one when you get to where your going, just to use while your there.

18. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    Haha, this made me laugh, the way it was worded. I mean, I don't see anything wrong with smoking blueberry muffins and riding a street bike either. Sounds like a blast, actually. I hope you had a good trip and everything worked out. I'm also glad to know that you can get thru security with the device as well. I never thought about that before, but I guess the tanks are generally smaller than the travel size bottles that they allow on planes.

19. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Haha, it's not a trip! Lifestyle changes baby, lifestyle changes. It's just the first open leg of my desire to travel, and it's also a pretty sweet location.

The problem with travel and stuff is that it isn't even like I -need- to travel with it, it's just that I don't want to take risks with new equipment as soon as I get there. The good news is that it seems pretty easy to get all of the supplies you need in major cities, so I am still just as confused about the legality thing, but whatever.

20. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    I've never personally had any problems with travelling with my vape, but it might be a good idea for you to purchase a cheap vape pen and take it with you on your travels so that you don't have to worry as much if it does happen to be taken away at an airport or something, however unlikely.