Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

An amateur's thoughts on genesis atomizers..

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Jennifer T, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Jennifer T

Jennifer T New Member

So I got to play with my AC9 last night, and with no surprises I was still messing with it 4 hours later, sweating and cursing at it with my LED head lamp out in the man cave.

Suffice to say I have not get a satisfying vape off it thus far, but I am determined as hell to master this utterly frustrating and expensive hobby I seem to be so addicted to.

I had a few thoughts, these might sound ridiculous to someone who actually knows what they're talking about, so please slag me off for being a retard :)

1. I was getting the dreaded positive post short mostly, and I've seen a method where you put a larger washer on the top post to reduce the space in between it and the wick. Then I thought, what If I used one of those little double ended hook thingys with the insulation on it (the ones that come in the box with the cheap wire strippers), attach it to the positive post and then wrap the wire on the other end of it. Would this work? Would insulating that bare piece of wire in between the post and the coil make any difference or would it just burn off the plastic?

2. RETARD ALERT. My missus has one of those fragrance pots with the wood sticks that wick the oil up the stick and release its vanillerish goodness into the air. And I thought... "HRMMM, wood doesn't conduct electricity!" I have a feeling it wouldn't wick fast enough for vaping, but could impart lovely oak notes to the vape :D :D The point is I was thinking that there has to be an easier, better way to do this. Surely someone soon will come up with an awesome material, be it ceramic or otherwise and manufacture them professionally in different sizes, thus bringing genesis to the masses. Maybe a specially made porus steel rod with a ceramic coating? My father in law worked for a dental company that makes porus titanium which imitates bone structures for implants, something like that? It just seems like with a bit of innovation all of this pain could be over. COME ON CHINA.

Thoughts, comments, verbal smack-downs? :D