Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

AGA-W Setup Thread.

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Just wonderin, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Here is the place to discuss the AGA-W atomizer.

Please keep topic strictly about the AGA-W

2. migeElite

migeElite New Member

Some Pics with the AGA-T set up with a spring for tension and washers to reduce the gap to the wick

View attachment 4879 View attachment 4880 View attachment 4881 View attachment 4882 View attachment 4883

Sorry, posted in the wrong place!

Edit:

In hindsight, This is an AGA-T with the knurling removed and generally pimped up, it does have the screw top cap, which I sanded to align the air hole properly.

What you have as a result, is what an AGA-W would look like with a spring setup, the guts of both are the same!

3. DonnettaDecardo

DonnettaDecardo New Member

Looks good and cheap as-well.........

4. Timothy K

Timothy K New Member

Setting up my AGA-W for the first time tonight. It's my first RBA so I have zero experience. Unfortunately not many videos around for it yet but I have read and watched a lot of other vids on everything from making an SS mesh wick, making a good coil and some stuff on the AGA-T, which seems to have several design differences on it's business end. I have given myself a decent grounding in theory and now it's time to dive in and give it a crack.

At this point I only have one question but I'm damn sure more will follow soon. It may seem like a stupid question but I'd love an answer nonetheless.

There are two holes diagonally opposing the positive post. One will take the SS wick, it's the one closest to the short negative screw. The other I assume is the fill hole to get juice into the tank. So my question is once it's set up, wick and coil in place and juice in the tank, won't the fill hole leak juice if the device is tilted??? There is a small rubber plug that was in the wick hole when I opened the package. Do I put that in the fill hole to plug it up or does some physics miracle occur where an open hole doesn't let any liquid out?

Hopefully I'm not missing some embarrassingly obvious detail here.

5. amenoxpeekq

amenoxpeekq New Member

Verbatim, you can plug that hole but it is generally accepted that leaving the hole open is better. It helps maintain proper pressure in the tank, so that juice can wick freely.
    You will need to keep your mod upright using it like that, laying it on its side will .comse a bit of leakage if the tank is full.

Try it both ways & see if you get any changes in wicking with plug in or out ;)

6. NeexyWego

NeexyWego New Member

No the internals are a bit different, the AGA-T is a better design internally IMO, while the AGA-W looks nicer externally.

7. lupeus

lupeus New Member

Thanks for the answer Noe. Lol, pretty much what I was gonna do anyway, try it both plugged and unplugged...I just figured there was some definitive answer. :)

Coil is in place and good to go. measuring 2.1 ohms...probably a bit higher than I'd have liked but I cbf re-doing it at this point. Now for the wick!

8. cccppccc

cccppccc New Member

Remeasure the ohms on the coil after putting the wick in.

9. kingsexy

kingsexy New Member

I planned to for sure. I imagine they'll drop a little bit.