Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

AGA-T Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Chefkoch1984, Dec 12, 2015.

1. cheedazen

cheedazen New Member

Vape is the primary function, which they both do ;)
    Other functions are: not leak, keep the top cap on, be easy to reassemble, be easy to put a wick & coil on, etc etc. I think the T makes the other functions easier to achieve than the W does. For instance the type of nuts used on the T are different to the ones used on the W, the T nuts make it easier to place the coil where you want it to be.

2. friday

friday New Member

This tank so far does not leak, the top cap is still on? I practically "dropped" the wick in be.comse I built the wick before I put it in the tank. The only real difference between the two that I could suggest would .comse issue is the same as you noted, the nuts used on the center pole force you into one location for the wire only which was a tiny bit of a pain but I acknowledged it early and planned for it.

3. edgenda

edgenda New Member

Take the reading from the top of the center post(pos) & from the middle of the screw(neg), that way it is easy to check from the same place every time, if you put the probe on the center post(pos) then check with the other probe at various points on the coil, you will see you get different readings, be.comse the probes measure between the length they are apart.
    So you want to measure the full length of the coil & using those 2 points is the easy way to do that.

Tip: put the atty on a mod & it makes it easier to take the readings.

4. SherrillO

SherrillO New Member

The T has a screw on top cap, which means it can't pop off when in your pocket like the W's could, I prefer the screw cap.
    There are other nuances between the 2 but both are good atties & very similar.

5. as511078

as511078 New Member

How about cobra? So far I like cobra better than my aga

6. secoska

secoska New Member

I think I like the T better then the W, seems to have a bit more room, longer centre pin, bigger wick hole.
    And like Mishster said feel like it has more room.

7. coolsaif2004

coolsaif2004 New Member

Havnt tried to get it vaping yet, but i do like the pop top on the W, it feels secure enough for pocket knocks, and being able to slide the air hole into place seems like a huge benefit compared to the T.

8. 7-4-09 baby lills here

7-4-09 baby lills here New Member

It's not a lot of trouble to either sand down the top cap a little to get the air hole lined up correctly when fully screwed on the T or to unscrew the top cap a little to line it up, I like knowing the top cap is 100% not going to pop off :)

9. rulassuts

rulassuts New Member

will I be fine using 30awg Kanthal with my Provari and AGA-T?

30awg was all that was available. I assume I'll just have to decrease the voltage. But are there any other things I should watch out for using a lower resistence wire? Will the Provari be way too strong for this no matter what?

10. norma0164

norma0164 New Member

Marty, you will be fine, a couple of things:
    1: using the 30 awg make sure initially to use more wraps, say six to begin with, and then adjust down to refine.
    2: the Provari is your friend, adjust the voltage to the lowest setting to begin with when setting the coils, check the resistance when you have wound the coils.
    You mention that you have the AGA-T, the problem that most people have is the distance from the top of the coils to the positive post, in relative terms it is long...
    the best method used to date is a couple of 3mm washers to reduce that distance. see pic
    View attachment 5511

I use a drill bit to wind the coils to begin with, this gives me a nice coil that is even all the way around, you can rotate the drill bit to ensure you have a nice snug fit (not the drill part, the shank of the drill :D)
    Check your ohms now that the coil is wound, without the drill bit in place of course.
    I'm assuming that you have oxidized the wick properly.
    The biggest problem when inserting the wick is to have a snug fit, too loose and you will have problems with glowing coils, too tight and you will have problems with shorts.
    Using the lowest volts fire her up, dry wick no juice, the aim is to have all the coils glow evenly, if one coil begins to glow first the poke or "brush" the coils using whatever you have.
    This is the most important step ensure all the coils are glowing evenly! The aim is for the wire coils to be snug and glow up slowly and not to glow very quickly!
    Assuming you have a 2 ohm coil, adjust the voltage up to ~4 volts and test that the coils all glow evenly, again, and once more to be certain, even once more.
    I stress this part particularly, be.comse this is the biggest downfall when setting up!
    when you are satisfied, put some juice in the tank, ensure also that the wick, is wicking properly, and vape!
    I usually don't have the best flavour to begin with, the flavour comes in with use, that also is an individual thing.
    I hope you do well, sound like this is a first build, take your time doing the setup and you will have a good end result. :D

11. Gevera Bert

Gevera Bert New Member

How do we test if it wicks properly?

12. rauul7

rauul7 New Member

Thanks everyone for your help, its been very useful.

One last question, does the nut on the centre post have to be at the top?

I have 3 nuts on the centre post, one for holding down the rubber washer down the bottom, and the other two can be adjusted up and down the post. I just assumed I could adjust the height with the two lasrger nuts. Do the nuts need to be at the top of the post though?

13. saot

saot New Member

Really, the simplest way is that there is juice on the wick!
    I'm not evading the question, for me personally, I watch as the juice soaks into the wick, and wicks up under the coils.
    I don't have to tip to ensure I have juice on the wick, preparing the wick properly to begin with comes into play here.
    There are so many different ideas to build a wick.
    And each gennie uses a different wick, or variation!
    The AGA-T specifically,
    I use mesh that is 80mm by the height needed, (snip off later if too long).
    I oxidize the mesh flat, to a cherry red, heating both sides, then roll, and roll, as tight as I can! (I only heat once, I've found that is all that is necessary)
    I use a 7/64th drill bit to form the coils and the wick when rolled tight will fall in!
    This is when I roll the wick in the opposite direction and "fluff it out" until it is the snug fit I want, gently feed the wick in, rotating as you go until it is in place, trying not to disturb the coils in the process.
    If you do, start again, a small amount of practice makes perfect :D
    The setting of the coils is covered in the previous post!
    I have found that this gives me a wick that will draw juice up without the need to tip to vape. :D

14. FiFi

FiFi New Member

Quick answer NO! wherever you want!

15. ff31

ff31 New Member

:)

I think I just screwed up. I went to the hardware store and got a 2.5mL drill bit for coil wrapping. I noticed the air hole also doesnt lie up, so plugged in the drill and decided to use it to make an extra hole.

Now I have a perfectly lined up hole, except that compared to the original hole, it's massive. Will the large size air hole dminish my vape experience?

16. bannetaegoogltay5278

bannetaegoogltay5278 New Member

Ahh that makes sense. I only vape at home now so would not have encountered this but its good to know! To be honest I wanted the cheapest rebuildable I could find so I could try it out, seems ok so far. Which I had lighter juices though.

17. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

plug them both up marty and redrill with a 1.2mm drill bit.2.5mm would be a bit ordinary.1.2 mm bits are hard to find,i got one from the local hardware sold as a carby jet bit set.

18. hoinnaPab

hoinnaPab New Member

Whats the best to plug them up with? any special putty of some sort?

Also, what will my vape be like with a 2.5mm hole? Will only the draw be affected?

19. Lebeautemps

Lebeautemps New Member

sellys.comto fix putty works well sets rock hard.draw would be like vaping through the pipe of your vacum cleaner.airy i dont like 1.5mm.some here dont mind,theres a few mod makers using 1.5 mm holes.

20. babyposter88

babyposter88 New Member

If you have a carto & you vape on it by opening your lips about the same amount as the drip tip, so that you are getting equal parts air & vapor into your mouth, then that is similar to what you will get with a 2.5mm hole.