Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

AGA-T Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Chefkoch1984, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Chefkoch1984

Chefkoch1984 New Member

I was hearing that the air-hole in these isn't big enough and others have said to drill out to 1/16" which is about 1.5mm however others reported that that was too big.
    So today I went on the hunt for a fitter and turner (almost reatrd) to do it for me with no pre-vail.

Instead I went to bunnings and purchased a dremel with a 3/64" drill bit which is about 1.19mm.

I ended up paying $88.30 for the dremel 3000 which included 100pc accessories Normally $149 - Price matched to Dremel 3000 Series MultiPro Rotary Tool Kit + 26 Accessories + 1 Attachment + BONUS 69pce Kit #3000-1/26
    and had to buy collet nut kit which I got price matched to for $13.99 - bunnings takes a further 10% off which makes it 12.70. - Price matched to Mytoolstore.com.com Normal price $27.95
    Best thing about the deal is the chick forgot to scan the 7 pack precision drill bits so I got them for free!!! Saving of $29.90!

Total price: $101
    Savings: $105!

I can now drill my hole out to these atomizers to a perfect size!

2. s.elsamir

s.elsamir New Member

I found that the hole was fine for me, not too tight and not too air, but maybe I'm more easily pleased than others :)

3. guzoulidis

guzoulidis New Member

Tools always come in handy, saving $ on them is even better :)

4. nuarbub

nuarbub New Member

You must have small lung capacity lol
    The original hole on these feels like i'm having my lungs sucked into the atty.

5. lieberson

lieberson New Member

Ineed, I can now cut my own cartos. Drill holes and maybe even fix my girlfriends wisdom tooth problem!

Several other pepole have reported the same thing. Kinda like sucking a golf ball through a hose.

6. Snoneetiz

Snoneetiz New Member

Just remember when drilling stainless , go Slow , keep the rpm down.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

7. Katherine

Katherine New Member

The AGA-T's look nice, the airhole needs to be bored & on my 2 the air hole isn't lined up with the wick hole. They are both close to 180 degrees out, so I am going to try to sand about 1mm off the base of the top caps, that should get the air hole lined up perfectly.

8. onlylucky790

onlylucky790 New Member

Couldn't you try with extra o ring Noe? :)

9. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

Before you all bore your air holes out, you might want to consider drilling a seperate hole above the existing one like on MM vapers special edition Gemini DID. Make use of the full length of the coiled wick for superior vapor. 2x 0.8mm vs 1 bored out to 1.2-1.5mm. Just a thought I have two and am considering trying it on one of them.

10. tlk2ul8r

tlk2ul8r New Member

Leading Edge or Jaycar sell precision drill bit set for around $20. 0.5-1.5mm

11. hot1foru72

hot1foru72 New Member

Swapped the caps on my two ... Perfect line up.

12. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

I could but it would still leave about a 1mm gap between the knurled part & the top cap, which won't look as nicely finished. By removing 1mm of metal on the cap the cap will sit flush on the knurled section & look like it was made to fit ;)

13. lnhtxay62l

lnhtxay62l New Member

Tried that, didn't work.

14. Norunsone

Norunsone New Member

I think you'd get better vapor drilling the 2nd hole lower than the first not higher.

15. lvovajuliehappy

lvovajuliehappy New Member

More like ... sand off 0.25mm (I think it's 0.5mm pitch ?)

16. 7-4-09 baby lills here

7-4-09 baby lills here New Member

You may well be right Noe. I hav'nt got a chance to play with them properly yet.

17. SCOTT M

SCOTT M New Member

Not sure the exact amount but I'll be doing it gradually & testing between sanding a bit off, so that I don't over shoot ;)

18. floallpen

floallpen New Member

I should be receiving mine in the next few days from vm i was wondering when it comes time to empty and clean tank whats the best way to tackle this. Would i have to dismantle it or is there a easier way. Soz for not creating another thread i thought it would be ok to ask here :)
    Cheers guys
    Yatesy

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

19. ginger91

ginger91 New Member

Got mine yesterday. Huge thanks to you Krit, been in your position before.
    Not nice. Like a cloud of vaper - the only way is up!
    Now to pull my finger out and get some mesh and wire!

And watch a shite load of YouTube vids on how to build it!

20. dodger23

dodger23 New Member

Just thought i post a pic of my modded AGA-T. Nothing a good old file and some sandpaper cant do.
    View attachment 4684
    Now i need a new mod