Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

A weird challenge for the mixers out there

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by tsaitek, Jan 14, 2016.

1. goszcz

goszcz New Member

LOL Margy ... and Hi :)
    See this is where it gets confusing , Girlypantz and I have never known any different than the way we are , so when you say taste we just look at it as tasting "our" way ( correct me if I am wrong GP lol )
    I often Vape with a xxx strong mint in my mouth if I get a juice that is plain nasty in the mouth for me .
    We do taste stuff , we just dont smell it , which is really hard to get your mind around I suppose , as most people when they say something tastes , what they really mean is the combination of their nose and mouth together creates a taste ... with us , its all in the tongue :)
    I can eat a raw onion like an apple , be.comse the smell means nothing to me LOL
    A very interesting side symptom is that certain food textures can make you want to hurl , its linked in somehow ... for me its raw tomatoes , I love tomato , but its taken me 45 years to actually be able to leave a slice of it in a hamburger without having to toss it out due to the errrrrrrrp ! factor :D

2. MORTHS

MORTHS New Member

It is !!! LMAO ;)

3. antonsegger

antonsegger New Member

I just tried vaping while blocking my nose and keeping it blocked for about a minute....weird experiment I could hardly taste anything.....then i unblocked it halfway through breathing out the vapour and could instantly "taste" it again!! Try it guys!! I am sure it is not nearly as bad as what you guys go through but it gave me an idea of what you are talking about.

FM I really hope you find something you enjoy soon.

4. ranting_woman

ranting_woman New Member

The taste buds on our tongue detect salty,sweet, sour,bitter and pungent which requires an olfactory component.

Mostly all taste-bud sensing requires the smell factor for the subtle nuances.

The bland flavours like milk will be carriers. eg (milk can be salty or sweet or whatever).

This is from my memory so................

RC

5. idcrqydblackeforum.xxx

idcrqydblackeforum.xxx New Member

True RC , but I can clearly attest to the fact that the tongue is a little more complex than what they teach you , I can differentiate a wide range of tastes ( Again this is from my viewpoint not someone's who can actually smell ) and as I have never had a olfactory sense , I can assure you its not just bitter sweet sour etc I can taste the differences in teas etc but funnily enough this is only possible when I have tea with sugar LOL no sugar , they all taste the same to me , whack in a spoon and voila I can tell an earl grey from a english breakfast , which technically shouldnt be possible by the sweet sour bitter analogy .

All I can really put it down to is like a blind mans hearing ramping up to make up for the lack of sight .

As an aside , I am a really good cook , and friends and relos rave about it , I dont use recipies , I cook what tastes good to me , and that does involve aromatics like onion , garlic, etc and somehow I pull it off ?

6. moving on

moving on New Member

Lol I just tried that and it actually worked!!! I should of remembered that .comse as a kid I used to use that trick to get the awful brussel sprouts down.

7. gychiavy

gychiavy New Member

i did .. but I wasn't going to fess up who even under torture .. wasn't sure you where happy to go public. i was going to PM you but decided to leave it to you.

happy you are here now :)

8. dudexxx

dudexxx New Member

I just tried that too VaPerth- weird isnt it ??

9. spkksm

spkksm New Member

I was around 12 when my sense of smell vanished, I didn't even notice it was gone as such..... I was 17 when the Endocrinologist asked "when was the last u you smelled something?" I answered "Hmmmm i don't know...." so he asked "When was the 1st time you remember not smelling something?" The answer sprang forth in an INSTANT!!!! I was 12 and sitting in the back of a station wagon with my 3 brothers and sister, mum and dad were in the front and everyone started going "OOOHHH POOOOOO!!!!!!!!" not wanting to look different I joined in with no idea what the fuss was about... when things quieted down I asked "OOHH DAD WHAT WAS THAT!!!???!!!" dad replied "Dead roo on the side of the road love" and I went "OHHH" but never smelled a thing.

Never noticed a change in taste and I love bananas (just saying be.comse most people who are all stuffed up seem to say bananas have no taste with a blocked nose. One thing I do blame on no sense of smell is my love of sugar, not keen on salt and have refused to eat foods like .comsages and ham steaks be.comse they were too salty for me, until the last few years I didn't think there was such a thing as too sweet but age has .comght up with me I think be.comse chocolate is fast becoming too sweet for me, once upon a time I could demolish a whole block and go looking for more but now a few pieces is too much.

And a big YES on the texture thing, but for me it is mostly jubes, snake lollies etc, if they are firm and the jelly breaks clean they are all good but if they are gooey at all I wanna ralph, Fats and oils are funny too, I can eat them but some times depending on the texture I cant handle them... this includes things like avocado, battered foods etc... and for some reason pawpaw (is just slimy and mushy).... I don't think I could do the onion trick though lol. But I do get in trouble for adding too much garlic to things and for adding too much rum to rum balls (is there such a thing as TOO MUCH rum? lol)

BUT I ALWAYS WIN THE FART GAME LOL [​IMG]

and people always give you the most toxic nappies to change saying "its only fair be.comse you are the only one that cant smell it" they forget you still have to look at it and get your hands in there lol

and countless friends bring out their stinkiest shoes and socks after having a few drinks to see if they can beat your honker and make you smell something lol..... "oohh yeah these shoes reek she will smell them for sure!!!!" and they shove said shoes in your face while holding them at arms length asking ... "are you sure you cant smell them?? oohh come on you gotta be able to smell THAT!!!"

Haven't managed to give myself food poisoning yet (my fridge runs just above freezing so lettuce and tomatoes etc.. suffer for that) and am of the belief that I must have cast iron guts but I really hate having to taste the milk to see if it is on the turn lol. Dog gets spoiled for meat be.comse if in doubt the dog gets it. THANK GOD for smoke alarms they are AWESOME!!!! But fumes are still a worry be.comse you are choking before you twig that there must be fumes, and considering I am asthmatic it is not good. OOhh and you can't smell if the car is running hot, burning oil or filling with ex.comst fumes etc... (you also have to get brave and taste things that you probably shouldn't at times lol, .... is that water or fule on the ground?? stick finger in and touch it to your tongue to find out lol)

10. fandingo

fandingo New Member

Good heavens and I was only thinking about not being able to smell flowers. I didnt even think of the nasties smoke, petrol ,dead animals, or food going off etc.
    :):)

11. huybeo_tn

huybeo_tn New Member

In my house the rule is .. If something smells please say something :)

Worst is BO lol (there is no way to tell if you have it unless someone says so lol)

12. FelicaHFE

FelicaHFE New Member

Yep you tend to take personal hygeine seriously , be.comse you cant tell LOL
    I have Gas detectors in the kitchen so I dont blow myself up ( Ex-wife left the stove on one day while we were courting and sent me to the hospital , luckily not the morgue ... and yep I still married her , talk about not taking a hint :p )
    All my friends etc have free reign to mention if there is a dead mouse in the walls or something ;)

Interesting that you previously had a sense of smell GP , for me as part of Kallmanns the olfactory nerve doesnt exist from conception , I am fascinated that your system apparently packed up around puberty , bringing the anosmia to the fore , where in contradiction mine just never fired full stop

Curiouser and curiouser ..... you have my complete sympathies , be.comse it would appear you DO know what you are missing :(

13. Bloo

Bloo New Member

AWESOME!!! You are the only other canuk I have come across with Kallmanns Syndrome and after reading about Kallmanns Syndrome it seems that it suits my situation better as I am missing LH/RH. The other anosmic vaper was on an American forum I think and hers was due to chemical burns from memory. And on all of YouTube there is only one lady with Kallmanns Syndrome that has posted a video. 99.999999% of info out there is for men so I was stoked to find another woman in the world with it. Am also stoked to find you be.comse we are a very rare breed we probably have lots to discuss that others might not find interesting.... maybe if we are lucky we can get a private thread /me looks at Stoney

14. kouneli

kouneli New Member

Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all they say, Yes I know what I lost but some memories are special like the smell of rain, roses, nana's boiled fruit for a fruit cake, roasts... The down side is always trying to smell stuff in the hope you might catch a wiff

One morning Nana was in the kitchen with a tea cup in her hand and says .. "gawd smell that" and she places it on the bench .... as she turns away I pick up the cup and take a huge deep wiff and start choking..... Nana turns around and realised what just happened and apologises explaining it was ammonia ... meanwhile i just burnt all my nose and throat and still never got a wiff lol

Gas detectors are a great idea... didn't know they existed but will always remember now, thank you

I simply didn't hit puberty ... mum packed me up and said she was taking me to the doctors be.comse I was sick... considering she is ALWAYS dying I went mad at her be.comse I was fine.... we finally got to the doctors and I was apologising for her, then she announces we were there be.comse I was 17 and still hadn't started to develop, I rolled my eyes be.comse my great grandmother didn't hit puberty till 18 years of age. I got raced to the next town for a second opinion and before the week was out was raced to Brisbane for hospital stay and extensive testing. I think I slept for 3 months after that lol but then had 12 months of my mother telling me I was dying and the country doctor had stuffed up my medication enough for me to believe her. The idiot had me taking 4 times the amount of EVERYTHING lol on the plus side I did grow a good 10cm's that year, only way I got mum to let me come down for a follow up 12 months later was to put my foot down and stop taking the meds ... my theory was I was fine before I started taking them so I would be fine if I stopped. Was just after that that they decided to stop meds to see if things started working on their own so then had meno.comse to the power of 4 lmao Aside from becoming a weepy mess of a girly nothing else happened so am on HRT for life (well supposed to be lol)

15. cfurbrvndd

cfurbrvndd New Member

start a group (via community) make it invite only, own private forum..
    or just PM.

16. hikikomori

hikikomori New Member

You can never have to much rum in rum balls :D

17. "Music is a Religion"

"Music is a Religion" New Member

you can have too many balls in it though.
    avoid confusion, save the rum for a glass.

18. soolvereola

soolvereola New Member

ahh thank you stoney :D

19. RonwafIntonxkc

RonwafIntonxkc New Member

Very much the same kind of story , except for the parental involvement , I was attending a medical for a job , and the good doc there noticed a few things ( early 20's by that time ) Same deal with the hormones , but from a blokey perspective .... I hear you on the "supposed to be " also , I tend to cycle a bit between taking them and not , much to the docs disgust lol , but it just doesnt feel right all the time
    Perhaps be.comse I got to an age where it didnt matter what they did , it wouldnt address the actual developmental side of things anymore than what it had , and certainly didnt help regarding a lot of other issues
    ( send you a request too LOL )

20. aalexetop6547

aalexetop6547 New Member

I can read between the lines very well and know what you mean, same deal here and my excuse when talking to the doctor is .. if you were a woman and could choose then you would do the same lol

OOHH I do have an odd question for you.... what are your feet and fingers like? my feet are very puffy from the toes back so getting shoes is almost impossible.... think of a chubby babies foot, and my fingers are also very fat..... even when i was really thin ..... yes guys i know i am fat now but i am sure the mirror lies lol .... actually the mirror is kinder than a camera .comghing my fat arse off