Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

A Guide to Vaping - By Vape.to

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by carmelbro, Sep 17, 2015.

1. pkbokfqggwvt

pkbokfqggwvt New Member

I wish these came in pink, I have the purple but it doesn't look right on my pink battery lol

2. Layla Garcia

Layla Garcia New Member

as a newb I agree.

when was it first published? still an alpha? is it abandoned?

That it's taking months to complete kinda indicates too much info doesn't it??

Not bagging it the idea is good but has failed to help me as a newb

3. buuface

buuface New Member

it has been a bit neglected unfortunaly but im in the process of updating it slowly

4. Swecreava

Swecreava New Member

Like most great ideas, the ecigarette is elegantly simple. I'd have a crack at explaining it but as a newbie myself that might seem impertinent. :D

5. Calli

Calli New Member

The problem is, is there is too much in terms of items to cover. There's been 2 contributers that were editing the documents. Now there's 3.

Also, there hasn't REALLY been much info put into the damn thing.... there's only so much us 3 know!

Anyway...

DYI section added in. Guys for any one who knows more about clearo's.... PLEASE drop some info into here. I want to start getting this populated again and more info going in.

noname:

Out of all the info that was IN the guide currently, did that stuff make sense? or not really?

6. TBS_Andreas

TBS_Andreas New Member

More info added. We are nearing what i would consider a beta document guys.

Need more info (such as a shopping list for the beginners guide). More info for the CE style clearomizers.

Once all the blank topics are filled, and i've had time to get more pictures i'll convert it into a beta document.

Give me more info guys! :)

7. justinemp1

justinemp1 New Member

As a never tried and want to try e-cigarette person - and a present smoker who wants to quit - I have to order OS to get nicotine cartridges. How long does a cartridge last ? I am looking at V2cigs as this seems like a simple place to start - so how long does one of their cartridges last - does 1 cartridge equal n packet of 20 standard cigarettes ?

Thanks for any responses.

8. AhManDuh

AhManDuh New Member

Welcome Belisarius & other new vapers.

IMO what you want for your initial order is a 1-stop-shop, where you can get everything you need in 1 order.
    Regardless of what you decide to order, this makes things very simple & means everything arrives at the same time, so you can get into it immediately you open it(well almost, make sure the batts are charged first).

For the same reason I recommend Health Cabin for first orders, they have a large range of products, they ship reliably(choose EMS shipping & you will usually have you goods in a week, 2 at most), their customer service is very good & their prices are good too. Plus they have everything you need, including nic juice to get you started.

I think the best solution for a new vaper is an entry level device, which will serve as a back up should you have problems with your mod later on, like these kits:
    eGo K Vision Compact Kit V2 in 30 styles [02-F] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail two of these kits will have, 2 chargers( a spare in case one fails) 2 clearomisers & 2 batteries, all you really need to start vaping minus the juice.
    Next you will want some juice my recommendation is 10x 10ml, 18mg/ml, pre-mixed juices in various flavors:
    Dekang E-juice/E-liquid for Ecigarette
    or
    HC E-Juice/E-Liquid : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Then also get some unflavored nic in 36mg/ml, 75/25 PG/VG, which you can mix later with canuk made doublers, so 1 or 2 x 115ml bottles:
    115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

If you want to stop there, you can & will be able to start vaping with just what is above or if you want to try different clearomisers/tanks etc then these are some good ones to try:
    3.5ml Ismoka BCC(Bottom Coil Changeable) Mega Clear Cartomizer [03-3A-4321] - $11.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    5pc New CE3 Bottom Coil 510 Clearomizers [05-C-12] - $10.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Innokin iClear 30 Dual Coil Clearomizer with replaceable coil (Crystal Gift Box) [05-H-3-2] - $10.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable & Detachable)

While not an absolute "must have" these come in handy sometimes for your eGo type batteries:
    500mA USB Power Adapter/Charger (US/EU/UK.com plug) [05-A-2-2] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    A bottle of PG & a bottle of VG will come in handy if you need to dilute your juice later on & it is cheap to grab a bottle of each at the same time:
    115ml PROPYLENE GLYCOL USP(PG) [Z4 115ml PG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    115ml Vegetable Glycerin USP (VG) [Z4 115ml VG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Some empty mixing bottles will also come in handy, perhaps 4x 30ml & 4x 10ml to start with:
    Empty Ejuice Bottle(childproof) [06-D-23] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    A syringe is also a good idea to grab for measuring liquids & refilling some kinds of clearos etc, I would grab one of each size:
    E-juice Injector(1ml 2.5ml 5ml 10ml) Ejuice Injector /syringe [06-D-1-1] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    You will also want blunt tipped needles for your syringes, 4 of these, Long(XL) type:
    Blunt needle for syringe [05-D-2-1] - $0.15 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

I DO NOT recommend v2cigs, overpriced, cigalikes for anyone!
    If you want a cigalike, HealthCabin also stock them, look for a 510 manual starter kit. It will be much cheaper & perform the same as the more expensive V2cig kit but these will not work anywhere near as well as the gear I listed above.
    If you decide you still want a cigalike & get the 510 kit, I recommend using these to put your juice in for vaping:
    5pc New CE3 Bottom Coil 510 Clearomizers [05-C-12] - $10.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

9. Squeeni

Squeeni New Member

i think a one stop shop is really important to a noob. i was overwhelmed when i started and have spent maybe 20% of my vaping costs on postage.

some of that has been to stock up for 2years but still...if i'd found noe's list first (and i went through the guide after my third purchase and a decision to diy mix, and maybe stock a third of what i need for proper mixing) i could have saved $100 or so and already be in the black.

also if we contact HC and let them know we are putting them in our guide i'm sure they'd give us a permanent discount code for new vapers.

10. LoneSniper

LoneSniper New Member

Just a reminder to all on the forum, this guide is still available to be updated!

If you have any extra info to put into the guide, please post it up, if i don't get to it immediately let me know so I can update the guide with the relevant info! :)

11. Melonie

Melonie New Member

Okay, I've looked but can't find ( trees hiding the wood?) anything about how /if I should rinse out the clearo(?) .. I've just been topping up the same one with the same juice all week but have more flavours on the way .. how will I know when to change the wee thingie in the clearo? can I just rinse that out too and use it again.. I did get a 5 pack of spares and looked at lots of vids but obviously not the right one or ... I've seen it but not taken in the info' I need... sorry if it's a bore but anything's easy when you know how ... as they say ..and my great age ( 64) should be taken into account too :beaten:

12. vance1167

vance1167 New Member

The little thingie (clearo head) can be washed out, and then left to dry overnight on the kitchen counter (or you can dry burn it if you know how... if you are new to vaping, i wouldn't recommend it then).

Rinse it under hot water let it dry and bobs your uncle! :)

13. vvxbyzv10m

vvxbyzv10m New Member

Maggie, are you going to have a chin wag with KeyBoardMama? If so, she should be able to show you.

14. ned greenshed

ned greenshed New Member

Thanks mOn... and yes gtad, sure am... I'll ring this arvo... I'm a carer for OH so timing's gotta be organised :topsy_turvy: I so appreciate the help from this fantastic forum.. never been involved in such a great community before

15. dot

dot New Member

And FM, this one too. I've clicked on the links and it seems it is not complete and out of date. So my question would be why is it a sticky? No wonder newbies like me were/are confused.....

16. ILuvAnimals

ILuvAnimals New Member

Donna , Stickies are for information only , they are not a be all and end all guide to vaping .
    Until an individual takes it upon themselves to write such a guide , and commit themselves to maintaining it and updating it full time , this is the best that can be done .
    Education , especially on the net , is a forever changing dynamic . Stickies are here as a reference not a bible .

17. torpedo_62

torpedo_62 New Member

I don't disagree, everything on this forum is opinion/thoughts/current trends/old trends/ new trends/ mods/ basic stuff/ newbies/ middle ground peeps/ happy sad/ nice and nasty, inspiring and thoughtful. BUT, what I am asking you is 'WHY IS IT A STICKY THAT NEWBIES WILL BE LIKELY TO RELY ON and be confused about? If It's wrong just remove it from being a sticky. Even though I hate to say this, until something is finalised with this thread, why not leave Noe's stuff only there if the information you have that is wrong/outdated/inconsistent with current opinion.

My point though is NO WONDER NEWBIES ARE CONFUSED AND KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ABUSED FOR NOT LOOKING THINGS UP AND DOING THE WORK THEMSELVES.

My request to you is...."If you are going to sticky the information, please make it correct and up to date." If not, don't make it a sticky.

18. babobbysasda8433

babobbysasda8433 New Member

What was right 2 years ago about a certain bit of vaping equipment Like cartos ... is STILL right today , just be.comse it appears BCC clearo's are the rage now doesnt mean they will be in six months .... people STILL buy cartos... people still buy older tech batteries .. the points are still valid .
    The Idea of a forum is to present and disseminate information , if that information is not what you want or perceive to be valid for others then feel free to write a comprehensive guide yourself and we will sticky it ... as for the other stickies , they are a reference of not only present tech , but the vaping journey over time .

So we unstick a cartomiser sticky , then a newbie posts hey "I got some of these carty thingies " the info is there for them ...

19. CHEERCESMURCE

CHEERCESMURCE New Member

** Additions/changes to guide **
    Topic: Glossary
    Items: Pen Style, Mini & Super Mini
    Content change: Shows sizes in cm that must in reality be mm (assuming people do not carry around Pen Style PVs that are 1.5 meters long). Either divide the values by ten or change the units to mm.

In general, it would be best if the items could be arranged in strict alphabetic order (IMO). In the case of the 3 mentioned above, they were grouped together. In the case of changing order for alphabetic reasons, it would pay to add a 'Related: Mini & Super Mini' style notation for each entry.