Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

A Guide to Vaping - By Vape.to

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by carmelbro, Sep 17, 2015.

1. best005

best005 New Member

I would hardly call cotton and bamboo yarn "common".

I would say: "Many material types can be used as a wicking medium, allowing e-liquid to flow to the heating element at which it is vapourised. Common material used as a wicking medium includes: Silica & Stainless Steel Mesh. Other materials used, although far less common, include: ceramic, cotton and bamboo fibre. This, however, is not a definitive compilation of wicking materials as electronic cigarette manufacturers and users are always experimenting with wicking materials and other means to transport e-liquid to a heating element."

This covers all bases, both now and in the future of types of wicking material, while still touching on the subject of the transportation of e-liquid and the manner in which it is vapourised. :)

2. humkmwbmsp

humkmwbmsp New Member

This is a great idea and I app.comd the effort. My criticism would be,however, that you are including a lot of redundant information - you break down a PV in the first section then return to each section to break it down in turn. Why not start with an explanation of what the entire PV is and then go from one end of the device to the other? Include electrical theory in the atomiser section as it has direct relevance as coil resistance is the major variable in every vaping experience. An end to end format makes it more like a story and therefore more captivating. Maybe that's just the way I see it as easiest to read but it makes sense to me to do it that way. I HATE when textbooks provide an overview of all of the general topics at the beginning of a chapter and then expand on them one after the other. Just give me all the information about said concept at the time you mention it. If concepts are interrelated, mention it and then expand on it later. Excuse me if this comes off as negative. Not directed at you just at textbook.comthors lol.

Also I would avoid being so specific about products. Explain a clearomiser but don't specific a specific clearo - i.e. CE2 (who uses CE2s anymore anyway?). I would highlight current popular models but not break each one down. It's information overload. Same for each category.

Drip tips need to be explained more. Not everyone uses them and they were designed for a specific purpose so maybe some history??
    \
    Damn
    Kid is crying. Maybe more comments later

3. msvanciu

msvanciu New Member

***added***

4. ladillazo

ladillazo New Member

Good idea, when we get those areas filled out i'll make sure we add "also known as:" field to them.

5. harry126

harry126 New Member

Added this to the guide but it's empty. Marg's if you can give me info on this i'm pretty........ sparse on this area ;)

6. ebalbampkbus

ebalbampkbus New Member

GT At this point, we will keep it fairly closed off... i'll ask for more "mods" to the document a little later, need to get formatting etc fixed out first ;)

7. Sweet P

Sweet P New Member

Any suggestions as to a beginners "shopping list" guys?

EG a list of items that should be bought (possibly even give links to them) so that people who ask what should i buy?!!?!?! we can give them a direct link to a list of items that they can just add to a cart and away they go.

I'll probably start a new section in the document with some quick info on the different parts with links to areas that have explained what each part is, and then put the shopping list underneath that.

8. shantoo

shantoo New Member

My criteria for a beginners package:
    1. Must be under $100 total cost
    2. Must have a variety of atties/cartos/devices to try out
    3. Must have at least 2 batts & 2 chargers
    4. Must have some pre-mixed nic juice so it is simple to just fill & vape
    5. Must have basic DiY equipment included & some unflavored nic for mixing with doublers or DIY mixing & have plain PG & VG.

9. PlanetBoobs

PlanetBoobs New Member

Completely agree with you noe, except for 1 thing. DIY juice.

Most beginners are looking to feel out whether they like vaping or not... Adding DIY to a beginner kit adds unnecessary costs. DIY is a relatively cheap part of the initial startup cost so i think keeping that for their round 2 visit is a definite yes.

Maybe have a 2 stage approach. Stage 1 - Beginner taking the first step, Stage 2 - You've taken the first step, here's some extras to ensure that you stay on the bandwagon (twist, chargers, DIY kit, concentrates, nic, and ejuicemeup link for mixing).

10. tqkvsrb8w

tqkvsrb8w New Member

Perfection ... the aim isnt for people to list what they would get , just a good reliable starter kit , that will keep your average joe/jodi blow off the ciggies.....
    after they get a taste for vaping , THEN let the fun begin regarding equipment, VV/VW, DIY etc :)

11. dxiwxfqblackeforum.xxx

dxiwxfqblackeforum.xxx New Member

As you said, its a cheap part of the package, I feel if they have it all on hand already it is better than ordering the second time & forgetting to add something. If they forget to order something for DIY on the first order, then it is no big deal to order it on the 2nd order.

The 36mg/ml diy nic & the PG & VG should be ordered on the first order too, since if they simply order the pre mixed juices & find they don't like any of the flavors, then they have an unflavored option to vape with until they can place an order for a doubler or two from an.com vendor & have it delivered in a couple of days.
    Also if they don't order the unflavored nic with the first order, then they are going to have to put in 2 orders & pay 2 lots of shipping unnecessarily.
    Also If they find they don't like any of the flavors in the premades, then that could turn them off vaping altogether, unless they have an alternative to hand.

Edit: My idea of a newb kit is to have contingencies built in to cover most situations newbs have posted about on here, that includes not liking flavors , not having a spare charger, not liking a particular style of atty/carto, I have tried to cover as many bases as possible & keep the cost down.

12. Posleen Killer

Posleen Killer New Member

Fair enough! Good response, and i agree now that it's a small part of the order and may as well be added in, incase they don't like the flavourings they got.

Will be added when i get a chance to myself :)

13. lastgooddays

lastgooddays New Member

alpha.130121.1 - Cartomizer information added, clearomizer information/fields added, changed formatting abit. Added new section for beginners, will add Noe's shopping list in here.

Added the above info. Guys... i'm really struggling to get all this information as alot of the time i'm just trawling internet for information. If YOU have information on a particular section PLEASE let me have that info. I don't use all of the stuff in the guide (i'm adding info on the stuff i currently use, and have even started to buy stuff i swore i never would to aid in this guide!).

Any info you guys give me will be added (as long as it's correct)! :)

Also forgot to mention, any one that contributes will be added as contributing member on the document! ;)

*PS yes i'm clutching at straws now LOL*

14. ciafzyqjdbxn

ciafzyqjdbxn New Member

15. rekha

rekha New Member

alpha.130121.2 - Added margyb's contribution to the choocks/chicks/girls section.

Added margy! :)

16. gkhzfgpeco

gkhzfgpeco New Member

I just flicked through this.. bible? encylopedia? I have to say it's FAR too long! Nice effort but it would take someone new about 10 years to understand and comprehend it all

17. rbroge

rbroge New Member

well that would be a stupid exaggeration now wouldn't it.
    If you can't get much from. that in an hour then perhaps vaping isn't for you.
    You reckon you could find that info in an hour on Vape.to .. people browse for days or weeks to get a good idea,.
    Write a TLDR guide then. I can be added up the top.

18. Coopythiftite

Coopythiftite New Member

The point of this guide is to get all the information in ONE place to cut down on search times for users.

"How do i use a 306? What are they like?" give them the link to it.

"I'm not sure what to get for my first purchase? Help plz!" give them a link directly to the beginner's section, and advise them that there's a shopping list just below that too, or even better yet, give them a link to that section within the document too.

Just be.comse it's a "word" document doesn't mean that it's dumb and you have to read through it all to get the information on it. There is plenty going on with the google docs api matey. You can hyperlink within the document with the header setup.

Now if you would like to slap up a TLDR; section for beginners i'm more than HAPPY to add that in... i've been tempted to do it, but i'm kinda getting sick of searching the threads for all the info that we need in this guide, so have taken a break from it for abit.

Yes i'm still to add more pictures in there, as above... can't be assed just yet. :p

19. HammuXDH

HammuXDH New Member

@ m0n....hats off to yer man... that's an awesome sffort...I have a few people to show an will be REALLY helpful

20. ambitiarl

ambitiarl New Member