Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

510 Tank Not Feeding

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by AIR JORDAN ͨ؜, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

I got some 510 tanks (clear) that go with the standard 510s and - for me - they don't feed the juice through. What am I doing wrong?

I filled up the tank (DK Peanut Butter, for the record), placed the inner cap back in - it's a plate with a hole in the middle, with two arms that point away from the tank. The 'hands' on the arms are level with the top of the tank. Between the arms, I put the fluval which is then level with the top of the tank - the little 'hands' hold the fluval. I primed the fluval with several drops of juice before I put it in the attie.

Some good puffs before I got the dried, burnt taste of raw fluval - ewww. Hmm, no juice getting through. OK, open up the hole in the plate with the Swiss army knife leather sewing bit... After priming, I tried it again with the same result.

I go at it again, pull it apart, grind some more hole in the feeder plate... gee, it's pretty big hole now. Put it back together, prime it and I gave it another go. Same thing. Hmmm....

Didn't I read somewhere that someone just plugged the end of a cart with fluval and made a mini tank? With a bit of care, the fluval stayed where it should and it was all fine... according to the.comthor, anyway.

With that thought in mind, I removed the fluval supporting/supplying plate, and jammed in the fluval in the top of the tank.

Puff, puff... bit clogged... check the tank level - all gone! Check the 510 and, you probably already guessed, juice everywhere. :(

Anyone had any luck with these? I get the impression that there is another version of the tank for the 510. Hopefully you understand which one I was using from my description above. If not, I'll try a more comprehensive description (with links) in a follow up post.

Thanks.

2. Nevyll

Nevyll New Member

I think this is the cart mod you may have read about. My Simple Cart Mod by highping on ECF.

I think the key parts to making it work revolves around two things. The first being the viscosity of the liquid (too thick and it won't wick, too thin and it will flood) and the second being the density of the filler you're using. The newer cartridges seem to come with loosely packed polyfill and I don't think they'd be dense enough to hold back the liquid. Perhaps you could try removing a third of the width then folding it in half rather than trimming it down?

I've tried it and had mixed results. I'm waiting on some black foam from EWA before I try again. :)
    Hope that helps.

3. andriyoz

andriyoz New Member

Oh! A small air bubble sometimes helps the wicking process too.

4. mrcatzilla

mrcatzilla New Member

Thanks MoD - I'll give it another go...

The DK Peanut Butter is 100% PG as far as I'm aware, so I'll play around with the wicking.

5. Generalus

Generalus New Member

Possibly a stupid question, but it's always best to start with them...

Have you used 510-T's before?
    1. Are you using it with a 510-T atty, or a standard atty?
    2. Did you push the tank ALL the way in? Fresh tanks click twice, first seems like as far as it will go, push hard and second click is ready.

I know, stupid questions, but have to check ;)

6. gh_alban27

gh_alban27 New Member

He is using a standard 510 atty with the tank carts, not the 510-T system.
    They are like normal 510 cart but with no fill as such, not used them so thats about all I know.

7. randadengkak

randadengkak New Member

I tried the 510 tanks and found them to be very bloody ordinary.

The only way I got one to work faintly well and reliably was to run the wick from a deceased clearo through the feed hole.

TBH, I'd bin them and get a couple of 510 T atties, which seem as good as the tanks are crap!