Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

26650 Mods - fad or trend?

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by yardwork, Jul 13, 2015.

1. yardwork

yardwork New Member

With the influx of 26650 mods, both mechanical and VV/VW, the need for extended power seems to have been met. I personally prefer slimmer mods, but I wonder who is adding them to their collection. Are they for limited use or can people carry them around all day? Who's got the girth?

2. maxkaos

maxkaos New Member

I've been thinking of getting a 26XXX device to cut down on the amount of things I have to bring on camping trips since the batteries are much larger and the 28mm Kayfun holds near 10ml of liquid.

I'm also interested in how portable the 26XXX mechs are. I have no problems with any of my 18XXX devices being too bulky, especially in 350 or 500 mode. My concern is the 26XXX mechs would be just too big to carry in a pants or shirt pocket (especially dressing office casual most of the time).

3. Varmgeame

Varmgeame New Member

I don't think I would go with any other battery now... its awesome not having to worry about running out of power. Hell, if you do carry them with you you can just stack them to jump start your car.

4. pageantmom

pageantmom New Member

I think they are great for things like camping trips and the like if you can deal with the size and bulk of them.

I prefer devices that can live nicely in my shirt pocket.

And if you carry a 26650 device in your pants pocket that is just false advertizing:clap2:

5. Dark_Fluid

Dark_Fluid New Member

Ever since I got my Hades it's about all I use! I can put it in my T shirt pocket and carry it around with no problems and I get 3-4 days out of it, with my regular builds.
    I love it!

6. opa_2006

opa_2006 New Member

i got me a ref 26 full mec,,,use it daily and would get more

7. dimka2666

dimka2666 New Member

Sounds like a mech 26650 could be useful, since it's no longer than what I've got. A true all day battery. I'm thinking an aluminum body would be good to keep the weight down. The black/copper stingray clone looks pretty cool though.

8. gangiewestonb

gangiewestonb New Member

Guess I'm going to have to check the Stingray out, been hearing about it but didn't realize it was a 26650.

9. Gayhousd

Gayhousd New Member

I've had BAMs for years...just got into fully mech 26650's tho and now I have about five 26650 devices and I plan on getting at least one or two more as well as a DNA 30 extension for my big nasty. 26650 rocks. Ask this dude. he knows where its at. :D Skip to 1:40 and listen to that thing when he fires it. lmao.

[video=youtube;ixcWRkD5Yfs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixcWRkD5Yfs[/video]

10. midnightday

midnightday New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] just for reference. Here's one a local guy built. The black one is a dual 26650. I keep up with my batteries, so 18650's are fine for me. And who wants to carry something that big? But hey, whatever works for you, I guess.

11. gzuiafXI

gzuiafXI New Member

Yea, That box is just WAY too big. but what ever works... The big nasty isn't really *that* big. Actually its not much bigger than an omega or an 18650 chi you.

12. RallundA

RallundA New Member

I've tried a hades and it actually feels better in my hand than 18650 mods. I've just gravitated to box mods it seems. That dual wasn't too big to hold. Nice mod. The quad was a special order some guy wanted. Compensating, maybe.

13. Mayla

Mayla New Member

Some are and some aren't.

14. Trend = I"ll take longer battery life any day! Loving my dual 18650 mod but one 26650 works best for me that is why I am building a DNA30 with one :) and it will be smaller then that POS Hana clone :)

15. Lionel Antino

Lionel Antino New Member

I have a 26650 tube from VariTube on my Seigeli 20watt and like it alot. Regular Size RDA's and RTA's look good on it and its not to heavy. I few weeks ago I purchased a Authentic Fat Snow Wolf Black Rose Edition[26650 Mech] Very well built and heavy as a Brick. Traded it for a Authentic Russian and a little cash. I have a Dual 26500 VV Beast Box from Mr E-Liquid. Fit nice in my hand gives me 6000mah. I think 26650 will be big the rest of this year then die down.